REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

There is one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

Through Him all things were made. For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.

On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory.

With His saints He will judge the living and the dead. And His kingdom will have no end.

There is one Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son He is worshipped.

He has spoken through the prophets and through the Scriptures.
God established the Body of Christ into which the Holy Spirit baptizes every new believer.

God offers salvation by grace through faith alone in the resurrected Christ.
The Bible records the true history of man including that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six literal days; only eight people survived a global flood; through great wonders God delivered Israel from Egypt; the prophets, Christ, and the apostles performed many miraculous deeds.

The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original state, are the inspired Word of God. God legislated morality out of love for His creation.
Men who reject God will suffer eternal damnation.

Christ commands His followers to rebuke and to judge with righteous judgment and to forgive those who repent. One day God will resurrect the dead, punish the unbelievers, and reward those whom He has justified with the life of the world to come.
Amen.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Firstly, there are several hundred God/desses. Not just one. Monotheism is relatively new and can trace its origins to Zoroastrianism which first popped up in Persia.

Man has no need for salvation. Man is not inherently evil or flawed. Man simply is.

Jesus of Nazareth was never crucified, but rather a man closely resembling him was. Jesus took his pregnant wife Mary and fled to Gaul (the recently found pottery with his name on it in France). He was aided by the Roman authorities because the only thing he had done wrong is what today would be described as "criminal mischief". Since the Roman Governor could find not fault in the man, and yet the jews still wanted him dead, he aided his escape from the area.

As a historical document the bible is riddled with holes. In fact, it has more holes than swiss cheese. Lets take the first book for instance. In genesis after cain kills able he takes his wife and went to live in the land of Nod. Here is one of the first holes... Who is Cains wife? I suspect Cain ran off with Adam's first wife Lilith. Next, lets look into the life of your supposed savior. The first time we seethe Nazarene he is an infant, we then do not see him again until he is 12 in the temple. After which we don't see him again until he is 30. Now if you look in the gospel according to St. Thomas (which is not in the modern krisjan cannon thanks to the Council of Nicaea) we see Jesus as a 5 year old child. In one of the stories we see that Jesus is playing with another little boy. He apparently got angry with the boy he was playing with and shoved him off the roof of the house. When questioned Jesus claims he did no such thing and brought the boy back to life, who then proceeded to claim that he slipped off the roof.

There is no place of eternal damnation. No compassionate god would ever destroy one of his creations just because they didn't agree on philosophy. Nor will anyone be punished for having one belief and not another.

I am both a Henotheist and a Hard Polytheist. I believe that all gods recorded throughout history exist, however I hold on to the Gods of my ancestors.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you
May Freyr/Freyja give you fertility and
May the ever watchful Heimdall alert you to any dangers headed your way

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Complete and utter nonsense.

Firstly, there are several hundred God/desses. Not just one. Monotheism is relatively new and can trace its origins to Zoroastrianism which first popped up in Persia.

Man has no need for salvation. Man is not inherently evil or flawed. Man simply is.

Jesus of Nazareth was never crucified, but rather a man closely resembling him was. Jesus took his pregnant wife Mary and fled to Gaul (the recently found pottery with his name on it in France). He was aided by the Roman authorities because the only thing he had done wrong is what today would be described as "criminal mischief". Since the Roman Governor could find not fault in the man, and yet the jews still wanted him dead, he aided his escape from the area.

As a historical document the bible is riddled with holes. In fact, it has more holes than swiss cheese. Lets take the first book for instance. In genesis after cain kills able he takes his wife and went to live in the land of Nod. Here is one of the first holes... Who is Cains wife? I suspect Cain ran off with Adam's first wife Lilith. Next, lets look into the life of your supposed savior. The first time we seethe Nazarene he is an infant, we then do not see him again until he is 12 in the temple. After which we don't see him again until he is 30. Now if you look in the gospel according to St. Thomas (which is not in the modern krisjan cannon thanks to the Council of Nicaea) we see Jesus as a 5 year old child. In one of the stories we see that Jesus is playing with another little boy. He apparently got angry with the boy he was playing with and shoved him off the roof of the house. When questioned Jesus claims he did no such thing and brought the boy back to life, who then proceeded to claim that he slipped off the roof.

There is no place of eternal damnation. No compassionate god would ever destroy one of his creations just because they didn't agree on philosophy. Nor will anyone be punished for having one belief and not another.

I am both a Henotheist and a Hard Polytheist. I believe that all gods recorded throughout history exist, however I hold on to the Gods of my ancestors.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred
I take it that you are not a John 14:6 believing, Romans 10:8-13 confessing born again/redeemed/washed in the blood of the lamb Christian.

I take it that you are not a John 14:6 believing, Romans 10:8-13 confessing born again/redeemed/washed in the blood of the lamb Christian.

Great insight Captain Obvious! What gave it away?

No I left the krisjan faith nearly 10 years ago

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Chris_J

Great insight Captain Obvious! What gave it away?

No I left the krisjan faith nearly 10 years ago

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Why would you come into another's house only to say their system of belief was nonsense, says more about you for sure, and your 10 year absence has really improved your disposition.

Why would you come into another's house only to say their system of belief was nonsense, says more about you for sure, and your 10 year absence has really improved your disposition.

I do believe that Theology is the belief in/ or the study of the divine. this is not a strictly krisjan notion. now if this was started by krisjans than the erred in naming the forum.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

That't the problem with you krisjans. You cant stand talking to someone of a different faith. You will just walk away or try to ban them on forums and facebook pages etc. No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That't the problem with you krisjans. You cant stand talking to someone of a different faith. You will just walk away or try to ban them on forums and facebook pages etc. No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

No! You don't have to be respected!! Respect is earned, it's not a given!!

No! You don't have to be respected!! Respect is earned, it's not a given!!

lol. You have a lot to learn young grasshopper. Fine disrespect me. I don't care. I came here for theological discussions. Not to stoop to the level of a child.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
lol. You have a lot to learn young grasshopper. Fine disrespect me. I don't care. I came here for theological discussions. Not to stoop to the level of a child.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

You're a, "Grasshopper screaming at a skyscraper!"

Ok you make absolutely no sense. Would you care to rephrase that so someone other than yourself can understand what the is supposed to mean?

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ok you make absolutely no sense. Would you care to rephrase that so someone other than yourself can understand what the is supposed to mean?

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

They don't like blasphemy around here! So, that's one rule you'll
probably break, real soon!

Show me a rule that says speaking against kristindomr (christianity) is not allowed.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Show me a rule that says speaking against kristindomr (christianity) is not allowed.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Just be careful you don't commit blasphemy!!

the word your looking for is blaspheme. "Just be careful you don't BLASPHEME".

Just because I don't believe in your god and his "son" doesnt mean I am blaspheming them. I just disagree with that religion and everything it stands for.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Just because I don't believe in your god and his "son" doesnt mean I am blaspheming them. I just disagree with that religion and everything it stands for.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

You'll have to walk a fine line!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

My spelling was fine, by the way! Check it out!

You might want to sit back and consider some of the evidence against your system of belief. You may learn something.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

My spelling was fine, by the way! Check it out!

um no it was not. you didnt use the correct tense of the word. hence the corrrection.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred