REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It sums up what I believe. I am liking this site even more.

Esquilax

Maybe we should have all members who wish to 'profess' Christianity take the TOL Statement of Faith seriously enough to agree with it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be allowed to pretend that they are Christian, at least on TOL.
## Bad idea. Bits of it are "difficult", like the creation in six days: because another understanding of the chapter is that the days are not there to say how long the work of creation took, but that they are a literary device of the Priestly author to emphasise the importance of the Sabbath. They are not a diary, but a piece of theology.

The second theory isn't disbelief in what Genesis 1 says as Scripture - it's still belief in what that part of Scripture is saying; it is belief with a content different from the "obvious" meaning of the content of Gen.1

One can therefore be Christian, & not accept everything in the TOL :)

Note to Mod: if the above or any of it counts as argument (for the purposes of: the site ? the thread ? whatever-it-may-be): please edit/delete/take other action, as per post 151. Thank you.

Last edited:

Esquilax

So, do you think we should kick Old Earth Creationists off the Christian list?

Question - does "Christian" mean "Evangelical Christian" ? The TOL does not exclude those who are not Evangelicals; but the proposal made by the OP might have that effect :think: For those who are not Evangelicals, this question is not exactly idle.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that they are a literary device of the Priestly author to emphasise the importance of the Sabbath. They are not a diary, but a piece of theology.

Can you explain how that would work? You know, the evening and the morning were the first day? And Exodus 20 stating explicitly the earth was made in six days, so you shall work six days and then rest? Loop that 7th day rest with how the day isn't a day for us.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Glad to see the website's Statement of Faith. As such, it is not open to debate. :thumb:

Charity

God must have done IT?
ask to many answer's; in a world where answers are such good questions

verily verily..John said Jesus said...no God said that..no the Bible said it...no Moses was first he commanded it!!...an then Paul said...an peter ended up...an John droped simon into the less respector bin for doubt, an peter ran around frantic....an John wanted Jesus to zap everyone behind them Like elijah Did for a power rush...an charitys post disappared ..:think:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
God must have done IT?
ask to many answer's; in a world where answers are such good questions

verily verily..John said Jesus said...no God said that..no the Bible said it...no Moses was first he commanded it!!...an then Paul said...an peter ended up...an John droped simon into the less respector bin for doubt, an peter ran around frantic....an John wanted Jesus to zap everyone behind them Like elijah Did for a power rush...an charitys post disappared ..:think:

Take it to another thread. Please.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh the owner of this site is definitely trinitarian and believes Jesus is God. No worries there.

Charity

Trinitarians wholy stand on the gospel of John in which the mystery of God is... Jesus being God himself is boldly preached.

This creates a total deluded disregard for his Life mission of the son of man

The sooner people look at the trial of Jesus an admit the abusive over control to secure power an all authority, Roman ruling
If Israel and Judah had have harkened to..
My Son Take a stick, draw a line, join the tribes as one. then they would have been mighty enough to force receive the inheritance back by Simply following an instructions. Divide an conquer! As A Nation divided among itself it will fall by not rising to dealing with the main oppressor! an then moving on to dealing with its own Nation governing affairs with out a roman trinity to respect. the faith had to undergo legal company changes.

I cant believe people wish to remain ignorant about what human nature was an is capable of deluding into a right.

So If you prefer to to say that all is well, an what happen is true, you are true, because it is true, but for others what happen went wrong, an what happen changed the true, of what should have been true today because they did not illimate an clarify the force of the third party that believed then an now that God gave it to them that they should rule the jewish inheritance for their glory.....

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Trinitarians wholy stand on the gospel of John in which the mystery of God is... Jesus being God himself is boldly preached.

This creates a total deluded disregard for his Life mission of the son of man

The sooner people look at the trial of Jesus an admit the abusive over control to secure power an all authority, Roman ruling
If Israel and Judah had have harkened to..
My Son Take a stick, draw a line, join the tribes as one. then they would have been mighty enough to force receive the inheritance back by Simply following an instructions. Divide an conquer! As A Nation divided among itself it will fall by not rising to dealing with the main oppressor! an then moving on to dealing with its own Nation governing affairs with out a roman trinity to respect. the faith had to undergo legal company changes.

I cant believe people wish to remain ignorant about what human nature was an is capable of deluding into a right.

So If you prefer to to say that all is well, an what happen is true, you are true, because it is true, but for others what happen went wrong, an what happen changed the true, of what should have been true today because they did not illimate an clarify the force of the third party that believed then an now that God gave it to them that they should rule the jewish inheritance for their glory.....

Thanks Tonto, you heap good medicine.

S

Strefanash

The creed posted in the OP is all very well.

It is a reasonable account of what we SHOULD believe.

But I know too much of the lurking filth in the imagination, the inner nature of sin, sins of the mind, mark you, to hold that these things we necessarily DO believe.

Which is why i don't like creeds. They repress honesty behind propositional truth, thus hindering repentance, not the contrary

Iconodule

Do you all realize that this is basically the Nicene-Constantinopolitan creed with some stuff tacked on at the end? Interestingly they cut out the part about the Church.