REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

koban

Aimiel said:
It just bothers me that someone can proclaim Christ and then also proclaim that Jesus faked His own death, because there might be people who read such garbage and think that it might be valid.

Aimiel - if you're referring to this post:http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=906366&postcount=73
consider that he may have been trying to make a point without claiming that Jesus faked his death.

Or he may have been talking about tuna. :think:

Hard to tell with this one. :chuckle:

Aimiel

Let's hope so. It really rubs me the wrong way though. Then you post to them, and they ignore the truth, that Jesus said that He was dead, and is alive forevermore. It's just that they make Him out to be a liar.

koban

If they ignore the truth, on their own heads.

If they try to make him out to be a liar, who's going to listen to them? Muslims?

Aimiel

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Aimiel said:
When they proclaim that they believe in Jesus out of one side of their mouth and then call Him a liar out of the other, it merely proves who they believe and who they don't.
It sounds more like you're reading many of your own ideas into someone else's proclamation of faith and are then affronted or disappointed when it turns out that they don't believe as you thought they did.

This demonstrates the importance of clarifying what someone else actually means when they use jargon.

Aimiel

You're right. Someone claiming to be a psychologist, even someone with a degree, isn't necessarily a 'real' psychologist; they might just be using the jargon. I'll keep that in mind.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Aimiel said:
You're right.
You're welcome. ;)

Someone claiming to be a psychologist, even someone with a degree, isn't necessarily a 'real' psychologist; they might just be using the jargon. I'll keep that in mind.
Not thinking of anyone in particular are we? :rolleyes:

But your metaphor isn't quite apt since being a psychologist the result of years of study and passing written and oral exams by a board of practicing psychologists.

Of course for religious beliefs, there is no such confirmation. Even your deity doesn't seem to be able to tell you who is and who isn't one of his followers... hence your difficulty. :rolleyes:

Aimiel

Christians who endure years of study, passing written, oral and spiritual exams, the latter being given by The Lord, Himself, are confirmed in many ways and by many different 'bodies' and institutions; and are often dismissed as 'whacko' by practicing psychologists as having a 'heaven's reward' fallacy fixation. The idea being to undermine and to minimize Truth, experienced by those Christians. Our diety is capable of doing a lot more than even those who know Him personally have given Him credit for. He's the one Who allows any and every opposition to Him to exist, without any complaints; and still hasn't been proven wrong once. Your diety isn't capable of telling you anything, because it doesn't exist. Hence your frustration.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Zakath has quit TOL about 9 times now.

He loves us so much he just cant stay away. :D

Probably part of his addictive or obsessive-compulsive personality.

Zak: I got the idea from you when you waved goodbye into the sunset many moons ago. Perhaps your feline nature will make this the last if you have had 9 reincarnations.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
godrulz said:
Probably part of his addictive or obsessive-compulsive personality.
:think: Perhaps. Or perhaps I actually think I am doing some good here, at least according to the emails I receive occasionally.

Zak: I got the idea from you when you waved goodbye into the sunset many moons ago.
Ahh, well. I didn't take an oath never to post here again and I'm not immutable like some deities, so I guess I'll chalk it up to changing my mind. :)

Perhaps your feline nature will make this the last if you have had 9 reincarnations.
Says the poster with a lion as their avatar. :chuckle:

Charity

Aimiel said:
If they don't line up, they're not enduring sound doctrine, they ought not to be allowed to claim the name of Jesus.
HI Aimiel
The lawless man feels that God has lost control down here,
that he would feel that he needed to sit on his throne,
The lawless man often is found to beleive in his heart that God dosnt care and with no fear he stands among the people condeming and judging who is Christs and who isint his.
But God knows who each one is, and who is following Christ
That when they should come across such evil that the earthquake will not move there foundations
He alows such people to exist so we may press on to firm foundations,
each one would need to move the lawless man out of the way so Christ may come and lead you.

For while he stands in the way preaching what sounds right you stand to perish from lack of understanding.
I say fear God with all your heart that you maynot be lead to the slaughter house,

Lawless men are caught in an understanding that they have no movement from,
they are void of any other understanding, condemed and set for this time and age.
They envy all that have ears to understand anything contrary to their understanding,
having been left now to burn within, in reward for there works.

Aimiel

I hear ya' Charity...

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Charity

Aimiel said:
I hear ya' Charity...

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
No problem Aimiel
Christ was ordained of God to be the judge of the quick and dead

And his kingdom is here,

so I guess reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all long suffering

I don’t consider that condemning and harshness without love to people is the work of an evangelist
And I don’t consider their reaction back, as endured afflictions

As people who use the scripture in vain to puff themselves up, and murder the innocent,
Don’t be fooled the lawless man will be bold enough to use Gods word to maintain control,
And he will say he is rebuking.

charity

koban

deardelmar said:
I would guess that on THAT DAY most of us will be surprised about a few things. Those of us that ended up inside Heaven will likely be glad to learn the truth about the extent of our error. Those in Hell.. not so much!

"the extent of our error" - Outstanding deardelmar!!

I know that I am still struggling with the walk. Who among us can claim perfection?

only One.

Charity

koban said:
"the extent of our error" - Outstanding deardelmar!!

I know that I am still struggling with the walk. Who among us can claim perfection?

only One.
Hi koban

Paul prays for us in .........Ephesians 3; 14, 21

charity