REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

I perceive you're a whiner, as well! Not a good sign! Vikings are supposed to be rough and ready for battle! You on the other
hand, seem relatively weak and soft!

None of that was "whiny"

The great insightful Captain Obvious here...

What gave it away? That Odin baloney.

My wisdom: Proverbs 3:5-6
My protection: Psalm 121:1-8
My fertility: is in the hands my Creator, the I AM, God himself
My Keeper: Psalm 23:1-6, Hebrews 13:5, Hebrews 13:8, is the King of Kings, the Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the living son of the living God

Hrothgar_Odinnsson, my you find peace as you would have it, the path you are leads to destuction, what you believe and follow I believe makes you a "Psycho Ceramic" - "Crack Pot"

Thomas the Psalmist: Psalmist I can't believe you posted this.
Psalmist: Thomas the Psalmist, I know, but I did.

It's "Think before click" time ... Here goes ... :geek: Click, send, post, posted.........

Ok here you go spouting biblical nonsense. First off the bible was written by man, not a god. Man tends to color whatever he does with his own thoughts and feelings.

Odin is no more baloney that is jesus. Just because you have been brainwashed to only call on jesus the white does not mean that other gods dont exist.

I ween that I hung on the windy tree
Hung there for nights full nine
with spear I was wounded and offered was I
To Odin, myself to myself
On the tree that none may ever know
What root beneath it runs

None made me happy with loaf nor horn
And there below I looked
I took up the runes, shrieking I took them
And forthwith back fell I

The path that I am on leads not to destruction but to Valhalla. Where I can do battle against my friends by day and feast at Odin's table by night, whilst I prepare for Ragnarok.

You krisjans are so lazy you didnt even give your god a name. I am that I am. What nonsense is this?

Why does my faith make me a crack pot? I see my Gods everyday. I feel the Gods each day. I feel the warmth of Sunna when she rises every day. I see the clouds that Frigga daily spins on her weave. I see the fecundity of the Earth, the gift of Frey and Freyja. I see the Bifrost, after the rains, which themselves are a gift of Thor.

see this is exactly what I am talking about. You krisjans always have to do this. We pagan are simple minded? Why? Because we revere nature? Because we see the divine as plural? or is it just because that's all you can come up with to use against us when we don't swallow your religion hook, line, and sinker?

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you
May Freyr/Freyja give you fertility and
May the ever watchful Heimdall alert you to any dangers headed your way

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

1. Where is your evidence that any of this is true?
  2. You should capitalize personal pronouns, such as the names of countries, religious or ethnic groups and people. Also, Cain's brother was Abel, not "able." Just trying to be helpful.

There was no error in the naming of the forum as the intent of the Christian who began this forum was to encourage debate over all theology. But it is still a Christian forum, in that it is run by Christians and biased toward Christianity.

You will not be banned as long as you follow the rules.

However, some of your statements are blasphemous against Christianity because you stated them as fact and not just as something you believe.

Can you back this up regarding TOL?

You can set up a signature line for this, so you don't have to type it out every time you post. And so people don't have to delete it with every post of yours they quote when they respond to you.

The only evidence you have of your faith is a book you claim is divine, ye was written by men. I have stories of the Gods that were passed down throughout the ages. We have no "bible". We have what has been passed down, we have Sagas and Eddas that show us how to live our lives. We live by our virtues and morals. We strive to be like our Gods.

I should capitalize things. I don't always do that especially not after a 14 hour day of work. Same reason I don't really care how the names of the people in the bible are spelled.

In which case, you should not get your feelings hurt when someone who is a non krisjan comes here and voices their opinions. While this forum may be biased towards the krisjan faith, it might do you some good to have someone who is not krisjan on here to debate/discuss things with you.

There are many things which I will state as fact, yet you will not believe them because they are not part of your current cannon. There are several books of your bible that were purposely left out because they would reveal that not every book jives with the rest. Such as the books of Thomas, Jesus, Judas, and Mary.

You guys tend to make things up as you go not only that but you have a track record of killing those who oppose you. (i.e. the Crusades, the Witch hunts etc)

I know I can set up a signature. And I am not typing it. Copy and paste is fantastic. I prefer to make you delete it while copying my posts.

OK, fair enough.

My point is, this is a post from an admin, for users to read and understand, not necessarily agree with, definitely not to start a debate about, at least not HERE. This is like arguing outside a restaurant about the hours of operation or the no shoes, no shirt, no service sign. Either go in and order or find another place to eat, why are you outside screaming at the signage. If you have something to say, start a thread or chime in on an existing discussion, quit sweating the SoF, you don't have to believe it.
Exactly to read and understand. I don't understand how you people can understand what is basically one of the youngest religions in the world. It was literally made up 1,980 (give or take) years ago. I did chime in. That's why we are having this discussion. I am not "sweating the SoF"

When will you start presenting your evidence? So far, I see some assertions, but no evidence.

I have shown plenty of evidence. Seems that you just have not read everything I have posted.

Someone here has a subscription to HBO, :chuckle: .

Wtf are you babbling about?

Godzrule Wtf are you trying to say? Polytheism is far older than monotheism as I have pointed out in a previous post.

My ship is afloat and water tight.

I have posted evidence. maybe you should read all of my posts.
What cute little story have I posted? Either you don't read everything or you are so blind you cannot see the evidence I posted.
But just so you have a feeling of accomplishment try this truth on for size.

Fact: your god cannot destroy his only adversary. Fact: your devil is allowed to have free reign over Earth, causing much disorder. Fact: your god created your devil knowing full well exactly what he would do. Conclusion: either your god is impotent or evil

You've posted a cute little story that has been handed down to you, you haven't posted any evidence.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Nope, you earn that here.

Hrothgar Odinsson said:

Godzrule Wtf are you trying to say?

This isn't helping.

I think viking stuff is interesting tho', my middle name (Regner) is after Ragnar Lothbrock. (sp?)
My dad's mom's family was Danish.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I have posted evidence. maybe you should read all of my posts.
What cute little story have I posted? Either you don't read everything or you are so blind you cannot see the evidence I posted.
But just so you have a feeling of accomplishment try this truth on for size.
What you posted was not evidence. Its a story.

Fact: your god cannot destroy his only adversary.
This is not a fact. God is fully capable of utterly destroying any adversary. He does not do so for His own purposes.
Fact: your devil is allowed to have free reign over Earth, causing much disorder.
The devil doesn't do that, men who choose to follow the devil do that. Men have a choice to make, love God or not. If we were all to choose God all the disorder would end.
Fact: your god created your devil knowing full well exactly what he would do.
God did not create the devil, God created Angels of which Lucifer was one. As with all of God's creation, God gave the angels free will. Lucifer grew prideful and fell from grace.
Conclusion: either your god is impotent or evil
Since your facts are not actually facts but mere assertions of your opinion, the conclusion does not logically follow when the actual facts are used. God is neither impotent nor evil. He is sovereign and He has a plan and a purpose.

Ragnarok Lothbrok is a fictional character. I am named after King Hrothgar the Dragon Slayer.
I make my own mead too. It's what I sacrifice to the Gods until I can get some animals to raise for that purpose.

Krsto

I'm half Viking.

I make a mean lefse.

At Pacific Lutheran U. we should have been the Vikings except WWU already had the name so we were the Lutes. What's a Lute? Hell if I know, but our game cheer was quite unique:

Lutefisk, Lutefisk, Lefse, Lefse, We're the mighty Lutherans, Yah sure, ya betcha.

What you posted was not evidence. Its a story.

This is not a fact. God is fully capable of utterly destroying any adversary. He does not do so for His own purposes.
The devil doesn't do that, men who choose to follow the devil do that. Men have a choice to make, love God or not. If we were all to choose God all the disorder would end.
God did not create the devil, God created Angels of which Lucifer was one. As with all of God's creation, God gave the angels free will. Lucifer grew prideful and fell from grace.
Since your facts are not actually facts but mere assertions of your opinion, the conclusion does not logically follow when the actual facts are used. God is neither impotent nor evil. He is sovereign and He has a plan and a purpose.

What I posted isn't a work of fiction.

Then if your god can destroy the devil and chooses not to that would make him at least partly evil. He must enjoy the suffering of man.
Your god is not for everyone. Not everyone can believe the stories that your mythology has to offer.
Those are facts and not assertions of my opinion. Your god created evil therefore he cannot be all good. Your god also gave man an extremely curious nature, and they punished the "first" man and woman for being curious. By placing a tree which has a "forbidden fruit" (which is more likely to be a pomegranate since we are talking Mesopotamia) in a place that was accessible to the "first" humans and knowing that they were curious creatures, he set them up for failure. That is like you telling your three year old not to touch the fire because its hot. Then because he was curious and touched the fire you decided to spank him. Man is curious by nature and when told not to do something the first thing they do is to do what they were told not to.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ragnarok Lothbrok is a fictional character. I am named after King Hrothgar the Dragon Slayer.
I make my own mead too. It's what I sacrifice to the Gods until I can get some animals to raise for that purpose.

How many dragons have you slain in the past 24 hours?? Now, don't exaggerate or you'll lose ALL credibility!!

Mountainman91

It smells like a creed, and then changes it. For example, the last bit about the Holy Spirit baptizing people into the body of Christ reeks of sacramentarianism. Ick. :p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When will you start presenting your evidence? So far, I see some assertions, but no evidence.
Assertions and conjecture. It's all he has.

The only evidence you have of your faith is a book you claim is divine, ye was written by men.
Remember that thing I said about straw men in your other thread? That's what you're doing here.

You have no evidence that I even believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God, let alone that I believe it to be the only evidence of said God.

In the interest of honesty I'll admit you are correct on the first part, but very mistaken on the latter.

I have stories of the Gods that were passed down throughout the ages. We have no "bible". We have what has been passed down, we have Sagas and Eddas that show us how to live our lives. We live by our virtues and morals. We strive to be like our Gods.
So you have fables?

Do you believe in Snow White and the Big Bad Wolf too? If you ever pray to Little Red Riding Hood get her number for me.

I should capitalize things. I don't always do that especially not after a 14 hour day of work. Same reason I don't really care how the names of the people in the bible are spelled.
It isn't about the Bible; it's about the English language and communication. If you want others to know what you mean and about whom you speak you should spell their names correctly.

Abel isn't just a name in the Bible, either. There are people today with those names. Kurt Sutter didn't name Jax Teller's son Abel, on Sons of Anarchy, just because it was in the Bible.

In which case, you should not get your feelings hurt when someone who is a non krisjan comes here and voices their opinions. While this forum may be biased towards the krisjan faith, it might do you some good to have someone who is not krisjan on here to debate/discuss things with you.
You're going to have to try harder if you want to hurt my feelings. Thought you're not actually going to be able to do it.

There are many things which I will state as fact, yet you will not believe them because they are not part of your current cannon*. There are several books of your bible that were purposely left out because they would reveal that not every book jives with the rest. Such as the books of Thomas, Jesus, Judas, and Mary.
Then show them to me.

Either put up or shut up. If you can't offer any evidence of your conjecture then you have no argument and should be laughed out of the proverbial court.

*c-a-n-o-n

You guys tend to make things up as you go not only that but you have a track record of killing those who oppose you. (i.e. the Crusades, the Witch hunts etc)
If your argument is with Catholics then take it up with them; I'm not one.

I know I can set up a signature. And I am not typing it. Copy and paste is fantastic. I prefer to make you delete it while copying my posts.
Then I'll leave it.

Godzrule Wtf are you trying to say?
Implied profanity is against the rules. Maybe you should read them.

What I posted isn't a work of fiction.
Then prove it.

Then if your god can destroy the devil and chooses not to that would make him at least partly evil. He must enjoy the suffering of man.
Satan is not responsible for the suffering of man. Destroying him would make no difference. Satan is responsible for no evil except his own.

Not everyone can believe the stories that your mythology has to offer.
Says the man who believes in pure mythology.

Those are facts and not assertions of my opinion.
Then back them up with evidence.

Your god created evil therefore he cannot be all good.
What evil did God create?

Your god also gave man an extremely curious nature, and they punished the "first" man and woman for being curious.
Yeah, that's exactly what happened.:rolleyes:

You're a moron, kid.

By placing a tree which has a "forbidden fruit" (which is more likely to be a pomegranate since we are talking Mesopotamia) in a place that was accessible to the "first" humans and knowing that they were curious creatures, he set them up for failure.
Or maybe He decided to give them a rule and from there declared the tree forbidden rather than placing it as a forbidden tree from the outset.

That is like you telling your three year old not to touch the fire because its hot. Then because he was curious and touched the fire you decided to spank him.
Yup. Exactly like that. And this just further cements my conviction that you're an idiot. When your children disobey you you discipline them.

Man is curious by nature and when told not to do something the first thing they do is to do what they were told not to.
So what? Is man incapable of overcoming their base desires? Are we slaves to our instinctual desires and thus no higher than the animals?

You are an imbecile.

Paulos

Fact: your god cannot destroy his only adversary. Fact: your devil is allowed to have free reign over Earth, causing much disorder. Fact: your god created your devil knowing full well exactly what he would do. Conclusion: either your god is impotent or evil

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Paulos

Firstly, there are several hundred God/desses. Not just one.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.​

Monotheism is relatively new and can trace its origins to Zoroastrianism which first popped up in Persia.

Indications of monotheism can be found as far back as 4,000 or more years ago in the Vedas of India.

The Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten was a monotheist:

In Year 9 (1344/1342 BCE), Akhenaten strengthened the Atenist regime, declaring the Aten to be not merely the supreme god, but the only god, a universal deity, and forbidding worship of all others, including the veneration of idols, even privately in people's homes—an arena the Egyptian state had previously not touched in religious terms. Aten was addressed by Akhenaten in prayers, such as the Great Hymn to the Aten: "O Sole God beside whom there is none". The Egyptian people were to worship Akhenaten; only Akhenaten and Nefertiti could worship Aten.​

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism#Atenism