• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Bacterial resistance to antibiotics- what is the Creationist explanation?

Stuu

Indeed... neither of our world views regarding the origin of life can be verified in a materialist scientific way.
I think it is fair to say that many of your opinions have been disproved by science, but you have not said what the supernatural is, so no one really has anything to say about it yet.
God describes one way that He created man and another way that He created woman.
Again, you still have your work ahead of you to explain what you mean by a god. And that's before you get to explaining how a god makes a human by breathing into dirt, or doing magic on a rib. At the moment, science says you are talking nonsense, and I hope you would agree that, prima facie, it is nonsense.

Stuart

Right Divider

Body part
I think it is fair to say that many of your opinions have been disproved by science, but you have not said what the supernatural is, so no one really has anything to say about it yet.
You can play your silly games all that you want.

Again, you still have your work ahead of you to explain what you mean by a god.
Stooping in idiocy will not help your argument.

And that's before you get to explaining how a god makes a human by breathing into dirt, or doing magic on a rib.
I don't need to describe how God did it. The fact that He said that He did is proof enough.

At the moment, science says you are talking nonsense, and I hope you would agree that, prima facie, it is nonsense.
Your "god" of science is a false god.

The creation of life by "natural" forces is no less miraculous than what the Creator says that He did.

Science has time and again shown that life does NOT naturally spring from non-life. :cigar:

Stuu

You can play your silly games all that you want.
Well, you used the word supernatural. What do you mean by that?

Stooping in idiocy will not help your argument.
What, actually, is a god?

I don't need to describe how God did it. The fact that He said that He did is proof enough.
There is no proof in you claiming it. If you want to convince me, you haven't sorry. It is clearly nonsense. If we are talking science then your word counts for nothing just as mine is also worthless. There is no unambiguous evidence for what you claim at all. Humans are not made from ribs and dirt. We know exactly how all humans became humans. We don't need the stories of the Bronze Age. They didn't know but we know now.

Your "god" of science is a false god.
What is a god? In what way is one god false and another true?

The creation of life by "natural" forces is no less miraculous than what the Creator says that He did.
I can agree on the word miraculous, but we probably think of different things when using that word. It is very likely that life, in some form or other, is commonplace in the universe. Perhaps if we knew how common we might not think so much in terms of miraculous events. It is still amazing to think that the universe has produced at least one species capable of thinking about the universe.

Science has time and again shown that life does NOT naturally spring from non-life.
It still depends on what you think life is. The chemical problem with that is we do see pieces of the puzzle forming spontaneously all the time, for example fat molecules make little balloons that look like primitive cell membranes, but we haven't made the conditions that produce a cell because we don't know exactly what they were. The biological problem with what you claim is that on earth the molecules of life are good food for the bacteria that already live here so nothing spontaneous could ever get started newly.

Have you thought about the theological problem of claiming that life does not spring from non-life? Your god must be made of cells, or carry out the recognised functions of life such as reproduction (of other gods?) or respiration, have need for nutrition and so on.

Stuart

Right Divider

Body part
Well, you used the word supernatural. What do you mean by that?
Beyond the natural. Unexplainable by natural laws.

What, actually, is a god?
God is the creator and sustainer of all things. That you know nothing about Him is too bad.

There is no proof in you claiming it. If you want to convince me, you haven't sorry. It is clearly nonsense. If we are talking science then your word counts for nothing just as mine is also worthless. There is no unambiguous evidence for what you claim at all. Humans are not made from ribs and dirt. We know exactly how all humans became humans. We don't need the stories of the Bronze Age. They didn't know but we know now.
No, you don't. Just more bluff and bluster.

What is a god? In what way is one god false and another true?
You need to take some time to do your own research on the topic.

I can agree on the word miraculous, but we probably think of different things when using that word. It is very likely that life, in some form or other, is commonplace in the universe. Perhaps if we knew how common we might not think so much in terms of miraculous events. It is still amazing to think that the universe has produced at least one species capable of thinking about the universe.
More unsupported babbling. I thought that you wanted to stick to science and not just some personal philosophy.

If life was produced by "random chance" what makes "one species capable of thinking about the universe" anything more than just random activity in the brain?

It still depends on what you think life is. The chemical problem with that is we do see pieces of the puzzle forming spontaneously all the time, for example fat molecules make little balloons that look like primitive cell membranes, but we haven't made the conditions that produce a cell because we don't know exactly what they were. The biological problem with what you claim is that on earth the molecules of life are good food for the bacteria that already live here so nothing spontaneous could ever get started newly.
:dizzy:

Have you thought about the theological problem of claiming that life does not spring from non-life? Your god must be made of cells, or carry out the recognised functions of life such as reproduction (of other gods?) or respiration, have need for nutrition and so on.
:rotfl:

Your childishness has long since lost its entertainment value.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Since your definition of science isn't one that is found in the dictionary--as mine is--what is your definition of science?
Such pride...

Science simply means "knowledge" and does not, by definition, require a naturalistic/materialistic world view.

Many, if not most, branches of modern science were founded by people with a Christian world view.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Science simply means "knowledge" and does not, by definition, require a naturalistic/materialistic world view.

Science -- the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

How do you propose to study that which you say is "beyond the natural" through observation and experiment?

Right Divider

Body part
Science -- the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
That is some peoples definition.

I would call that naturalistic science.

How do you propose to study that which you say is "beyond the natural" through observation and experiment?
You can't. Not all science (knowledge) is like that.

Example: past historical events.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
OK, I'll write something.
This was a very good thread and had some great arguments. I will say that Stripe, Clete, 6 days and Right Divider are the winners! I believe I made a fair and impartial assessment.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Since your definition of science isn't one that is found in the dictionary--as mine is--what is your definition of science?

What you wrote--what you are calling "mine"--isn't found in the dictionary. That is, the nonsense you wrote, here, isn't found in the dictionary:

Here's the definition of science that is found in the dictionary:

the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding

7djengo7

Again, you still have your work ahead of you to explain what you mean by a god.

Whenever fools such as yourself say things such as, "There is no God", "There is no god", "There are no gods", "God doesn't exist", or "I don't believe in God", or "I don't believe in a god", or "I don't believe in gods", etc., you have your work ahead of you to explain what (if anything) you mean by "God", and/or "a god", and/or "gods". Now, of course, it's not necessary that, when you say "I don't believe in God", or "I don't believe in a god", you mean something; for indeed, fools such as yourself are quite in the habit of saying things meaninglessly.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Here's the definition of science that is found in the dictionary:

the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding

You missed it (as usual for you). From your link:

3a : knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method
b : such knowledge or such a system of knowledge concerned with the physical world and its phenomena : natural science

7djengo7

Maybe I should ask for your definition of "evidence". Maybe that word means something else in Stripese than it does in regular English.

Let's see what (if anything) you have to say about whatever it is you would call "evidence".

When chair claims that something (say, E) is evidence, on what (if anything) is chair basing his claim that E is evidence? When chair claims that E is evidence, is chair's claim baseless?