Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Christian lose their salvation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can a Christian lose their salvation?

    Please provide Scripture with your response.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  • #2
    No

    John 10:14

    Comment


    • #3
      and

      27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

      28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

      29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hebrews 6:4-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
        4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, [a]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

        Jim Elliot

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ok doser View Post
          No

          John 10:14
          Israel
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
            Hebrews 6:4-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
            4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, [a]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.
            Israel
            All of my ancestors are human.
            Originally posted by Squeaky
            That explains why your an idiot.
            Originally posted by God's Truth
            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
              Israel
              Hi and Gal 3:28 says we ARE / ESTE which is a Greek verb that is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

              The PRESENT TENSE means that we are CONTINUALLY in present time , ALWAYS and that means OSAS and the INDICATIVE MOOD means what I have written is a FACT !!

              This is just one way to prove OSAS !!

              dan p

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                and

                27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

                28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

                29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
                Even if a sheep skips his fold for whatever reason, he doesn't stop being his Shepherd's sheep. And we already know his Shepherd's feelings about searching for any of His sheep that are lost (outside His fold). He leaves the 99 to find the lost one.
                "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                @Nee_Nihilo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                  Even if a sheep skips his fold for whatever reason, he doesn't stop being his Shepherd's sheep. And we already know his Shepherd's feelings about searching for any of His sheep that are lost (outside His fold). He leaves the 99 to find the lost one.

                  Hi and Jesus does not call the Body of Christ SHEEP !!

                  Gal 3:28 is proof that all in the B O C are neither MALE nor FEMALE as we are a new creation in Christ and not SHEEP !!

                  dan p

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DAN P View Post


                    Hi and Jesus does not call the Body of Christ SHEEP !!

                    Gal 3:28 is proof that all in the B O C are neither MALE nor FEMALE as we are a new creation in Christ and not SHEEP !!

                    dan p
                    I know that you don't care, but all of Church history defies your reading of the Scripture on this matter.
                    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                    @Nee_Nihilo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                      I know that you don't care, but all of Church history defies your reading of the Scripture on this matter.
                      Hi and you can know my FEELING , so is church history , SCRIPTURE ??

                      There is no Greek word for CHURCH , is there ??

                      EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY and does not mean CHURCH !!

                      EK means OUT !!

                      KESIS means a CALLING !!

                      In other words A CALLING OUT or and ASSEMBLY !!

                      dan p

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                        Hi and you can know my FEELING , so is church history , SCRIPTURE ??
                        No Church history begins during the Apostolic era and continues after all the New Testament was written down. The Church is in the Scripture. A lot of NT books mention the Church explicitly.
                        Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                        There is no Greek word for CHURCH , is there ??

                        EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY and does not mean CHURCH !!
                        Yes it does. Again, the first say thousand years, or even just first five hundred years, yes, that word in the New Testament does mean "Church".
                        Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                        EK means OUT !!

                        KESIS means a CALLING !!

                        In other words A CALLING OUT or and ASSEMBLY !!
                        I don't disagree with any of that.
                        "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                        @Nee_Nihilo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                          No Church history begins during the Apostolic era and continues after all the New Testament was written down
                          Why does "church" history begin so exceedingly long after the "church" began?

                          Act 7:38 KJV This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

                          All of my ancestors are human.
                          Originally posted by Squeaky
                          That explains why your an idiot.
                          Originally posted by God's Truth
                          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You forgot "[/thread]", RD. lol.
                            "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                            @Nee_Nihilo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DAN P View Post


                              Hi and Jesus does not call the Body of Christ SHEEP !!

                              Gal 3:28 is proof that all in the B O C are neither MALE nor FEMALE as we are a new creation in Christ and not SHEEP !!

                              dan p
                              The BODY of Christ are people IN CHRIST.

                              The SHEEP have to be in to be called 'His sheep'.

                              John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

                              John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

                              Oh how I love the Word of God!

                              Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X