ROMANS 5:1 JUSTIFIED BY FAITH

God's Truth

Actually, to be Justified by Faith is when a person has been born again by the Spirit, then hears the good news of their Salvation/Justification conditioned soley on the Person and Work of Jesus Christ on the behalf of His People, and with the fruit of Faith given them in the new birth, believes on Christ for that finished work on their behalf !

You claim faith THEN hearing.

No such thing as faith in something you haven't yet heard.

thborn

It sounds like we have people from several different denominations. Or who at least have grown up with very different teachings. This makes discussion complicated.

So many different approaches to the New Testament...perhaps a result of different emphasis on its different parts. The heartwarming stories about what Jesus did and said. The teachings about justification by faith in Romans by Paul in response to those advocating the Jewish Law but which must also have a meaning for Christians today. The further instructions in Corinthians and Galatians and other epistles emphasizing how rich and deep faith has to be in the life of a Christian. We must be careful not to lose sight of the whole beauty and truth.

Stepping back a moment...what is it that we are attempting to do here? Are we trying to work out the truth so we can preach it to non-believers? Or deepen our own understanding through seeing what others have been taught and going back to the Bible with that perspective in mind?

Right Divider

Body part
It sounds like we have people from several different denominations. Or who at least have grown up with very different teachings. This makes discussion complicated.

So many different approaches to the New Testament...perhaps a result of different emphasis on its different parts. The heartwarming stories about what Jesus did and said. The teachings about justification by faith in Romans by Paul in response to those advocating the Jewish Law but which must also have a meaning for Christians today. The further instructions in Corinthians and Galatians and other epistles emphasizing how rich and deep faith has to be in the life of a Christian. We must be careful not to lose sight of the whole beauty and truth.

Stepping back a moment...what is it that we are attempting to do here? Are we trying to work out the truth so we can preach it to non-believers? Or deepen our own understanding through seeing what others have been taught and going back to the Bible with that perspective in mind?

We discuss anything and everything here. Including the "New Testament" (which clearly does NOT begin at Matthew 1:1).

As Hebrews clearly shows that a testament is not in effect while the testator lives. Jesus also clearly preached the law to Israel throughout His earthly ministry to Israel. Even just before His ascension, He confirmed that the twelve (eleven at the time) should continue to teach the law (Matthew 28:19-20 with Matthew 23:1-3).

God's Truth

I don't really care about unbelievers. I care about those who believe in Jesus.

God's Truth

I saw what you highlighted,. but did you understand it ?

No such thing what you preach, and I don't mind telling you repeatedly if that is what you want.

We don't get justified by faith before we even hear the message in which we have to have faith concerning.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
I don't really care about unbelievers. I care about those who believe in Jesus.

Thank God we have Jesus as an example and savior.

Mat 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

God's Truth

Mat 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Sounds like you don't know what those scriptures mean.

The sick need a physician, and Jesus coming for sinners...that means you have to ADMIT you are sick and a SINNER before Jesus saves you.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned

The sick need a physician, and Jesus coming for sinners...that means you have to ADMIT you are sick and a SINNER before Jesus saves you.

Where do you come to I do not know what those Scriptures mean, from me posting,

I thanked God we have Jesus as an example and savior and posted 2 Bible verses.
I do not see in this how you could come to the conclusion that I do not know what they mean, as I did not offer any comment about the verses other then to thank God for Jesus.

This

Sounds like you want to argue about something, that you found something wrong with me thanking God for Jesus.

What exactly do you have against me saying

Thank God we have Jesus as an example and savior?

God's Truth

Where do you come to I do not know what those Scriptures mean, from me posting,

I thanked God we have Jesus as an example and savior and posted 2 Bible verses.
I do not see in this how you could come to the conclusion that I do not know what they mean, as I did not offer any comment about the verses other then to thank God for Jesus.

This

Sounds like you want to argue about something, that you found something wrong with me thanking God for Jesus.

What exactly do you have against me saying

Thank God we have Jesus as an example and savior?

You are the one who replied to something I said.
Unbelievers are those who have heard of Jesus and still don't believe.
I don't care about those people.
I care about those who believe in Jesus.
You posted scriptures wrongly and I just tried to help you.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
You are the one who replied to something I said.
Unbelievers are those who have heard of Jesus and still don't believe.
I don't care about those people.
I care about those who believe in Jesus.
You posted scriptures wrongly and I just tried to help you.

Like I said thank God we have Jesus and God as our example.

Isa 65:2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

God's Truth

Like I said thank God we have Jesus and God as our example.

Isa 65:2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

Go back and read how you were speaking to me.
You will see that you were mocking God by telling me to go be a traveling minister.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
Go back and read how you were speaking to me.
You will see that you were mocking God by telling me to go be a traveling minister.

You think that posting verses in Red Letters is mocking God?

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

And

Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

I told you you can Do Mat 28:19 or if you can not Do Mat 28:19 you can at least do Mat 9:37-38, and some how you think this is mocking God?

God's Truth

You think that posting verses in Red Letters is mocking God?

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

And

Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

I told you you can Do Mat 28:19 or if you can not Do Mat 28:19 you can at least do Mat 9:37-38, and some how you think this is mocking God?

You are doubling down.

Last edited: