The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

beloved57

Amen Brother, one of the Saving results of the Cross of Christ for the World He died for, is the powerful converting effects of His Grace; whereby every one them shall be given Faith in New Birth to Believe on Him: They are given the privilege of Trusting in Him for their eternal Salvation.

Exactly Sister ☺️

beloved57

Christ death results in the salvation of those He died for, so much so, He is called the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Mine you, this is in the context of having tasted death for every man in Vs 9. Through and by His death, or His suffering unto death, He became the Captain of their Salvation, through tasting[experiencing] death. Now the word captain is the greek word archēgos and means:

the author, that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

So by His sufferings, tasting death, He became the originator, the active cause, Captain of their Salvation. It was by this means the Father ordained many sons to Glory.

BTW the word captain is the same word author in Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Christ is the author/source of our Faith. This would include the OT Saints that went before in Heb 11 as well. Christ their Mediator was the source of their faith.

Nanja

Christ death results in the salvation of those He died for, so much so, He is called the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Mine you, this is in the context of having tasted death for every man in Vs 9. Through and by His death, or His suffering unto death, He became the Captain of their Salvation, through tasting[experiencing] death. Now the word captain is the greek word archēgos and means:

the author, that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

So by His sufferings, tasting death, He became the originator, the active cause, Captain of their Salvation. It was by this means the Father ordained many sons to Glory.

BTW the word captain is the same word author in Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Christ is the author/source of our Faith. This would include the OT Saints that went before in Heb 11 as well. Christ their Mediator was the source of their faith.
Amen Brother, as Captain of our Salvation, Christ the Mediator is the source, and first active cause of our Faith, whether of Old or New Covenant Saints; and the Author and Finisher of our Faith Heb. 12:2. And so being the Author / Source of our Faith, it shall be communicated to each one of God's Elect by His Spirit in Time; to all those He had a prior Union with Eph. 1:4.

marke

His death for His people produces ssving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24
John 12, what a glorious revelation of the love and grace of God! Jesus boldly offers salvation to any and all who will receive Him and believe His Word.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

beloved57

John 12, what a glorious revelation of the love and grace of God! Jesus boldly offers salvation to any and all who will receive Him and believe His Word.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
Nothing about an offer in Jn 12:32-33 23,24, It projects the saving effects of Christs death !

marke

Nothing about an offer in Jn 12:32-33 23,24, It projects the saving effects of Christs death !
What? Was Jesus blowing smoke? Was He talking to the wall? Did He intend sinners to believe, on the other hand, that those who rejected God for their own will and pleasures would not lose their lives and those who turned to God away from their own will would not be able to keep their lives forever?

beloved57

What? Was Jesus blowing smoke? Was He talking to the wall? Did He intend sinners to believe, on the other hand, that those who rejected God for their own will and pleasures would not lose their lives and those who turned to God away from their own will would not be able to keep their lives forever?
What nothing, nothing about an offer in that passage.

beloved57

Christs death produces saving results in that by it the Children of God/Sheep/Church is gathered unto God Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that [in order that] also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Clearly the purpose of His dying for that nation [jews] but not them only[gentiles] was for the gathering of them together to form them into One People unto God. This is also expressed earlier in John here Jn 10:16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word bring here serves the same purpose as the word gather in Jn 11:52.

The word gather means συνάγω:

to lead together, bring together, come together (pass.), entertain
Usage: I gather together, collect, assemble, receive with hospitality, entertain.

to join together, join in one (those previously separated):

This speaks to the jews and gentiles being once separated, now being brought together by the death of Christ Eph 2:11-19

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

This gathering was prophesied in the OT here Gen 49:9-10

9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Christ is Shiloh. This is probably what Caiaphas the high priest was moved to utter about Jn 11:49ff

The word for gathering in Gen 49:10 is the word yᵊqāhâ:

obedience, cleansing, purging,; obedience:—gathering, to obey.

The Death of Christ was designed to bring together the people of God from among all nations to the obedience of the Faith, under One Head.

Last edited:

marke

Calvinists believe God can save some and condemn others for whatever reason He chooses because He is God and can do what He wants. What Calvinists do not understand is the fact that God cannot pervert justice, meaning He cannot deny some their repentance while allowing others for arbitrary reasons or for no reason at all. Furthermore, if God can do anything He wants then He did not have to allow sin to come into the world and did not have to send Jesus to the cross to forgive sins.

beloved57

Calvinists believe God can save some and condemn others for whatever reason He chooses because He is God and can do what He wants. What Calvinists do not understand is the fact that God cannot pervert justice, meaning He cannot deny some their repentance while allowing others for arbitrary reasons or for no reason at all. Furthermore, if God can do anything He wants then He did not have to allow sin to come into the world and did not have to send Jesus to the cross to forgive sins.
Do you see an offer made in that passage ?

marke

Christs death produces saving results in that by it the Children of God/Sheep/Church is gathered unto God Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that[in order that] also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Clearly the purpose of His dying for that nation [jews] but not them only[gentiles] was for the gathering of them together to form them into One People unto God. This is also expressed earlier in John here Jn 10:16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word bring here serves the same purpose as the word gather in Jn 11:52.

The word gather means συνάγω:

to lead together, bring together, come together (pass.), entertain
Usage: I gather together, collect, assemble, receive with hospitality, entertain.

to join together, join in one (those previously separated):

This speaks to the jews and gentiles being once separated, now being brought together by the death of Christ Eph 2:11-19

This gathering was prophesied in the OT here Gen 49:9-10

9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Christ is Shiloh. This is probably what Caiaphas the high priest was moved to utter about Jn 11:49ff

The word for gathering in Gen 49:10 is the word yᵊqāhâ:

obedience, cleansing, purging,; obedience:—gathering, to obey.

The Death of Christ was designed to bring together the people of God from among all nations to the obedience of the Faith, under One Head.
God reconciled the world unto Himself by Jesus' death on the cross, but that relieves nobody of their own responsibility to reconcile themselves to God in order to receive the salvation made possible by the shed blood of Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

beloved57

God reconciled the world unto Himself by Jesus' death on the cross, but that relieves nobody of their own responsibility to reconcile themselves to God in order to receive the salvation made possible by the shed blood of Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Nonsense, friend ! Reconciliation has been made, non imputation of sin is made, nothing about "possibilities here!

marke

Do you see an offer made in that passage ?
Salvation is a gift of God, given to those who seek it from God. God is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance to be given the gift of God.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

God calls men to repentance, but many simply will not come. That is their choice, not God's.
Matthew 22:3
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

marke

Nonsense, friend ! Reconciliation has been made, non imputation of sin is made, nothing about "possibilities here!
Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world so that God might save all who come to Jesus in repentance.

John 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Additionally, not everyone Jesus died for shall be saved, but those who repent of their sins and come to Jesus for forgiveness shall be saved (not might be saved, but shall be saved.)

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

beloved57

Salvation is a gift of God, given to those who seek it from God. God is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance to be given the gift of God.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

God calls men to repentance, but many simply will not come. That is their choice, not God's.
Matthew 22:3
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
You evading. Did you see an offer in the passage ?

beloved57

Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world so that God might save all who come to Jesus in repentance.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Additionally, not everyone Jesus died for shall be saved, but those who repent of their sins and come to Jesus for forgiveness shall be saved (not might be saved, but shall be saved.)

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Reconciliation is done, non imputation of sin is done as it regards the world of 2 Cor 5:19

Right Divider

Body part

Don't try to discuss anything sensibly with b57. He's a "minister of righteousness". 2 Cor 11:15

marke

Reconciliation is done, non imputation of sin is done as it regards the world of 2 Cor 5:19

God commanded all men everywhere to repent. Acts 17:30.

God has commanded His saints to preach and teach the Gospel to every creature on earth. Mark 16:15.

God has commanded all men everywhere to reconcile themselves to God. 2 Cor. 5:20.

Those who refuse to obey God's command to be reconciled to God will go to hell.