Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose

Jesus cleansed the temple but then revealed that the true temple is His body. The time He drove out the money changers was an illustration of the greater work He desires to do within His members. He approaches this work in an aggressive and refreshing manner, like a moose chasing away threats. This video shares three points that unpack the deeper meaning of this living parable.

What are some ways you have experienced Christ's cleansing work in your life?

Originally posted by Jeff Wickham View Post
    Jesus cleansed the temple but then revealed that the true temple is His body. The time He drove out the money changers was an illustration of the greater work He desires to do within His members. He approaches this work in an aggressive and refreshing manner, like a moose chasing away threats. This video shares three points that unpack the deeper meaning of this living parable.

What are some ways you have experienced Christ's cleansing work in your life?

Good topic friend. I didn't watch the video though, to be honest.

To answer your question though; for starters; by making sun exceedingly sinful.

The conscience is key I believe.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by popsthebuilder1 View Post
      Good topic friend. I didn't watch the video though, to be honest.

To answer your question though; for starters; by making sun exceedingly sinful.

The conscience is key I believe.
      Conscience is so important, isn't it? And I think the thing that awakens our conscience more than anything is contemplating the life of Christ. As we behold His matchless love, it awakens love in our hearts for Him. In college I went to a private Christian university for a couple years. One of the professors gave us a 10-day challenge. Those who took him up on it were to spend an hour first thing in the morning studying and reflecting on the life of Christ. It was such a blessing that I eventually incorporated a similar practice into my devotional life.

Comment

One of the biggest problems with Churchianity (that is my name for Christianity that is full of myths and confusion) today is focusing too much on "the life of Christ" without consideration for the details of that life.

This includes:
        • He was a Jew under the law. (Gal 4:4)
        • He was a minister of the circumcision. (Rom 15:8)
        • He would rarely even speak to gentiles and even then only after they acknowledged their subservience to Israel. He called them "dogs" and called their faith great only after they acknowledged that. (Matt. 15:26-28)
        • Jesus taught His disciples to follow the law (Matt 28:20 with Matt 23:1-3).
        • Jesus is never once recorded in scripture of preaching "grace", though he often taught the law.
        • There are many, many more.
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
          One of the biggest problems with Churchianity (that is my name for Christianity that is full of myths and confusion) today is focusing too much on "the life of Christ" without consideration for the details of that life.

This includes:
          • He was a Jew under the law. (Gal 4:4)
          • He was a minister of the circumcision. (Rom 15:8)
          • He would rarely even speak to gentiles and even then only after they acknowledged their subservience to Israel. He called them "dogs" and called their faith great only after they acknowledged that. (Matt. 15:26-28)
          • Jesus taught His disciples to follow the law (Matt 28:20 with Matt 23:1-3).
          • Jesus is never once recorded in scripture of preaching "grace", though he often taught the law.
          • There are many, many more.
          Yeah; the law of the Spirit is a real thing we will really be trying to abide by if sincere followers of the Christ of GOD; not hearers only, but doers of the gospel.

Comment

Yeah; the law of the Spirit is a real thing we will really be trying to abide by if sincere followers of the Christ of GOD; not hearers only, but doers of the gospel.
            You are a er

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

You are a er
              So you disagree I guess.

Care that talk about it?

We can go through the scripture if you like.

I would like.

peace

Comment

So you disagree I guess.

Care that talk about it?

We can go through the scripture if you like.

I would like.

peace
                Stop ing

If you want to response to my posts, respond to my posts.

Comment

Stop ing

If you want to response to my posts, respond to my posts.
                  What are you calling spamming? And I did respond to your last "response" which was no real response at all.

Anyone can go around hollering "spammer" ,when a valid point is brought up. Pretty childish and in no way refutes anything posted; but do you I guess

Comment

What are you calling spamming? And I did respond to your last "response" which was no real response at all.

Anyone can go around hollering "spammer" ,when a valid point is brought up. Pretty childish and in no way refutes anything posted; but do you I guess

No... you did NOT address anything that I posted.

Comment

No... you did NOT address anything that I posted.
                      Yeah....you also said differentiation between observing others do something and self not doing something was "gobblygook" I believe....so your opinion is not what I would consider too reliable in regards to truth.

Comment

Yeah....you also said differentiation between observing others do something and self not doing something was "gobblygook" I believe....so your opinion is not what I would consider too reliable in regards to truth.
                        All you type is gobbledygook.

This post http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5356528 was nonsense and did NOT address the post that is was a reply to.

Comment

You Sir, should be canned like spam.

Comment

The Spirit does rebuke those He loves.

Sometimes it is now doubt needed that the good Shepard ring is in with His crook

Comment

The Spirit does rebuke those He loves.

Sometimes it is now doubt needed that the good Shepard ring is in with His crook

Does anyone know why I can't edit my posts? I guess I could bring such a question to moderation.

Maybe it will help me to proof my posts, and re-read them a couple times.

Comment

Working...
                              X