Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus Cleanses the Temple of His Body Like an Aggressive Moose

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    So that's why Jesus would not say even a single word to her at first? That's how to treat a cute little puppy?

    So Jesus was using a Greek approach and not that of a Jew? Right after Jesus said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

    You need to find some better commentaries.
    You need to rethink if you still insist that Jesus was simply calling the woman a dog, although I suspect that you probably won't.

    You need to read that particular commentary before you're in any position to criticize it as well. It makes much more sense than your simplistic reduction of the event.
    Well this is fun isn't it?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      So that's why Jesus would not say even a single word to her at first? That's how to treat a cute little puppy?

      So Jesus was using a Greek approach and not that of a Jew? Right after Jesus said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

      You need to find some better commentaries.
      I'm impressed that he actually seems to have read it.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
        ... you still insist that Jesus was simply calling the woman a dog ...

        This retarded strawman again?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
          So that's why Jesus would not say even a single word to her at first? That's how to treat a cute little puppy?

          So Jesus was using a Greek approach and not that of a Jew? Right after Jesus said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

          You need to find some better commentaries.
          Dogs are loyal to their master


          It was not insult, but a test which she passed with flying colors.

          Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
            You need to rethink if you still insist that Jesus was simply calling the woman a dog, although I suspect that you probably won't.
            To you, it's always the other guys that need to "rethink" their position.
            All of my ancestors are human.
            Originally posted by Squeaky
            That explains why your an idiot.
            Originally posted by God's Truth
            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by popsthebuilder1 View Post
              Dogs are loyal to their master
              So "the children" were not loyal to their master, but the gentiles were?
              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                To you, it's always the other guys that need to "rethink" their position.
                Not always at all. There's been plenty of times where I've had to re-evaluate or rethink my own through the years, even if I still retain an original position overall. I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm always right in any given debate and have conceded good arguments when they've been made that have challenged me over the years on here and elsewhere.

                I think you should look again at your contention that Jesus was simply calling the woman a dog because there's so much to support that there was far more to the event than that. But it's up to you.
                Well this is fun isn't it?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                  So "the children" were not loyal to their master, but the gentiles were?
                  What? No. Each is individually liable for what they do.

                  Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                    Not always at all. There's been plenty of times where I've had to re-evaluate or rethink my own through the years, even if I still retain an original position overall. I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm always right in any given debate and have conceded good arguments when they've been made that have challenged me over the years on here and elsewhere.

                    I think you should look again at your contention that Jesus was simply calling the woman a dog because there's so much to support that there was far more to the event than that. But it's up to you.
                    There is a reason that Jesus was contrasting "the children" with dogs. Maybe someday you'll learn about it.
                    • There was a reason why Jesus would not even say a SINGLE word to the woman at first.
                    • There was a reason why Jesus said that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
                    • There was a reason why Jesus referred to gentiles as dogs.
                    • There was a reason why Jesus regarded her only after she announces that the "dogs" would accept the scraps that fall from the children's table.
                    All of my ancestors are human.
                    Originally posted by Squeaky
                    That explains why your an idiot.
                    Originally posted by God's Truth
                    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                      There is a reason that Jesus was contrasting "the children" with dogs. Maybe someday you'll learn about it.
                      • There was a reason why Jesus would not even say a SINGLE word to the woman at first.
                      • There was a reason why Jesus said that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
                      • There was a reason why Jesus referred to gentiles as dogs.
                      • There was a reason why Jesus regarded her only after she announces that the "dogs" would accept the scraps that fall from the children's table.
                      Maybe there's a reason why you stubbornly refuse to reconsider your position and still insist that Jesus simply called the woman a "dog". I've learnt much about the event that makes a lot more sense than your contention, especially in light of the cultures of the time and Jesus' teaching in other areas.
                      Well this is fun isn't it?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                        Maybe there's a reason why you stubbornly refuse to reconsider your position and still insist that Jesus simply called the woman a "dog". I've learnt much about the event that makes a lot more sense than your contention, especially in light of the cultures of the time and Jesus' teaching in other areas.
                        Why would Jesus not even say a single word to this woman?

                        Mat 15:22-23 KJV And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

                        Why is that?
                        All of my ancestors are human.
                        Originally posted by Squeaky
                        That explains why your an idiot.
                        Originally posted by God's Truth
                        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                        1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                        Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                          Why would Jesus not even say a single word to this woman?

                          Mat 15:22-23 KJV And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

                          Why is that?
                          Well, who knows why exactly? Maybe to test the persistence of the woman or to show something to the disciples who were the ones showing ongoing signs of discomfort at her continual presence. One way or the other it doesn't support Jesus simply calling her a "dog".
                          Well this is fun isn't it?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                            Well, who knows why exactly?
                            He explains it in the very next verse.

                            Mat 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

                            All of my ancestors are human.
                            Originally posted by Squeaky
                            That explains why your an idiot.
                            Originally posted by God's Truth
                            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                              He explains it in the very next verse.

                              Mat 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

                              He could have said that to start with. He could have continually ignored her as well but He didn't.
                              Well this is fun isn't it?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                                He could have said that to start with.
                                Why didn't He?

                                Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                                He could have continually ignored her as well but He didn't.
                                No, He didn't.

                                Thought He did call gentiles dogs in contrast to "the children". Who are "the children"?
                                All of my ancestors are human.
                                Originally posted by Squeaky
                                That explains why your an idiot.
                                Originally posted by God's Truth
                                Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                                Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                                (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                                1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                                (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                                Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X