JOHN 20:23 IS NOT FOR THE CHURCH

genuineoriginal

Your childishness was never funny and continues to be not funny.
You have obviously bought into the flawed theology of Dispensationalism that I was raised to believe.
You are not willing to count all you have been taught as dung in order to find out what the truth is, but that is what Paul did with all the things he was taught by his religious teachers.
I spent time actually reading and understanding the Bible without trying to "divide" it and found that what Dispensationalism teaches is not what the Bible teaches.
Jesus said a house divided against itself will not stand, but what Dispensationalism is all about is dividing the believers so they cannot unite.

Right Divider

Body part
You have obviously bought into the flawed theology of Dispensationalism that I was raised to believe.
You are not willing to count all you have been taught as dung in order to find out what the truth is, but that is what Paul did with all the things he was taught by his religious teachers.
I spent time actually reading and understanding the Bible without trying to "divide" it and found that what Dispensationalism teaches is not what the Bible teaches.
Jesus said a house divided against itself will not stand, but what Dispensationalism is all about is dividing the believers so they cannot unite.
Your post is full of dung.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tam, I asked BR a very specific question:

This was his answer:

Did Jesus (God the Son) change by becoming a man? Yes or no.
I believe you are using the term "change" too broadly for it's intent.
We have clear scripture that says GOD does not change.
So if one contends that the Son changed they are essentially saying that the Son is not GOD.

Right Divider

Body part
So if one contends that the Son changed they are essentially saying that the Son is not GOD.
Please quote so that we can evaluate.

The Son of God did not have a physical body before He had one.... is that not some sort of a change?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please quote so that we can evaluate.

The Son of God did not have a physical body before He had one.... is that not some sort of a change?
If it is the type of "change" that scripture means then Jesus is not GOD that does not change.
That's why I say the term "change" can be used too broadly as any sort of change at all.
GOD manifested in several different ways, but did not change into something that made HIM no longer be GOD.
Manifesting as a man did not make Him no longer be GOD.

Right Divider

Body part
If it is the type of "change" that scripture means then Jesus is not GOD that does not change.
That's why I say the term "change" can be used too broadly as any sort of change at all.
GOD manifested in several different ways, but did not change into something that made HIM no longer be GOD.
Manifesting as a man did not make Him no longer be GOD.
Who said that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I'm using change as it is defined.

Which either means He does not change at all, which BR has asserted, or that He doesn't change in certain areas, which you seem to hold to, and that I hold to.

That's entirely my point.

In order to say this:

He doesn't change period.

One has to deny that God the Son became a man (denying the incarnation), or assert that Jesus is not God. Both claims are heretical.

You cannot accept both that "God does not change period" AND that "God, to the extent that God the Son became a man, changed."

To do so violates the law of non-contradiction.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm using change as it is defined.

Which either means He does not change at all, which BR has asserted, or that He doesn't change in certain areas, which you seem to hold to, and that I hold to.

That's entirely my point.

In order to say this:

One has to deny that God the Son became a man (denying the incarnation), or assert that Jesus is not God. Both claims are heretical.

You cannot accept both that "God does not change period" AND that "God, to the extent that God the Son became a man, changed."

To do so violates the law of non-contradiction.
I agree that to say the Son "changed" would conflict with scripture saying GOD does not "change".
In other words, the term "change" is being used differently when saying the Son changed and saying GOD does not change.

Right Divider

Body part
Here's one for you.

Malachi 3:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For I am the Lord, I change not;
And this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that we get from taking this HALF of a verse OUT OF CONTEXT.

Mal 3:6 KJV For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

There is a CONTEXT here. Any idea what it is?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that we get from taking this HALF of a verse OUT OF CONTEXT.

Mal 3:6 KJV For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

There is a CONTEXT here. Any idea what it is?

I'll bet you can tell me.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's right there in the verse itself (if you don't just read the first half in isolation).

It's referring to God not going back on His promises to Israel even though they had been extremely disobedient.

Would you be so kind as to explain this one also?

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.