Is Baptism a requirement for Salvation

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you have no opportunity to be baptized, then it is not necessary.

If you have the opportunity, you need to take it.

Acts 8:35-38
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.​

It is good to be baptized but not necessary for salvation.

Cntrysner

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Cntrysner

Let me guess.....the church started in Acts 2?
Their pet scripture ....
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

No water in the verse or was there? No sign of the Holy Spirit indwelling but they did receive power.

Cntrysner

@drdrumley G2227 quickeneth revitalize, give life, restore life to that which was dead in sins…all the essences of reborn or born again.

drbrumley

Just a quick question to anyone....

Does my wedding ring make me married, or is it a symbol of something?

I did get baptized when I was 25. Did it save me? No. But it did symbolize to other like minded brothers and sisters that I gave myself over to Jesus' lordship over me.

drbrumley

So, was water baptism for remission of sins according to Acts 2:38?

I believe John the Baptist's baptism and what happened in acts 2:38 are different in certain respects.

Paul baptized those in Ephesus after they told him they were baptized by John's baptism....