Is Baptism a requirement for Salvation

Cntrysner

Nah, Im not missing your point....

I dont consider what I did a work to be saved...

I did because Jesus did, and everyone knows without a doubt Jesus certainly didn't need to be either.

Jesus did need to get water baptized for the nation of Israel and us. Christ had to fulfill all requirements for us.

drbrumley

Jesus did need to get water baptized for the nation of Israel and us. Christ had to fulfill all requirements for us.

Jesus said it was proper for John to baptize Him. Cite where he said he had to. And I will prayfully consider it.

genuineoriginal

It is good to be baptized but not necessary for salvation.
Did Jesus get baptized?

Matthew 3:13
13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.​

Did Peter preach baptism to the Jews?

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.​

Did Peter preach baptism to the Gentiles?

Acts 10:46-48
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.​

Was Paul baptized?

Acts 9:17-18
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.​

Is there any valid reason for a Christian to refuse to be baptized?

Cntrysner

I have spent a lot of time working it out and learning why Dispensationalism is not what Paul taught.

ct 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

genuineoriginal

You are missing the point, why baptise in water at all if the flesh or any work you can do profits nothing?

If it profits nothing and then those unaware could include the ritual as part of salvation could they not?
If you think doing good works will profit nothing, then your faith is in vain.

Titus 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.​

Cntrysner

If you think doing good works will profit nothing, then your faith is in vain.

Titus 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.​

Your theology has got you in chains but it does work for you.

Cntrysner

Brumley holds water baptism as a sign of salvation and genuineoriginal thinks it's for remission of sins, how confused is that.

genuineoriginal

Brumley holds water baptism as a sign of salvation and genuineoriginal thinks it's for remission of sins, how confused is that.
Peter stated that the baptism is not for the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but is the answer of a good conscience towards God.

1 Peter 3:21
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:​

Are you rejecting baptism because you do not have a good conscience towards God?

Cntrysner

Jesus said it was proper for John to baptize Him. Cite where he said he had to. And I will prayfully consider it.

Don't you know water baptism was for remission of sins.

ct 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Was Peter wrong?