I Love Jesus and I Accept Evolution

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
You are saying that the Sin of Adam my father, is somehow imputed upon me, and I tell you NO, not according to Scripture.

My Sins are my own, as is my Righteousness.

The only help I get in this, is I let my lawyer talk, Jesus the Christ.

chair

So, according to you, when the Bible says "good" about the creation, the Bible is referring to imperfect good?

And, what (if anything) was your point in pointing out that the Bible says "good" about the creation, as a reaction to 6days' having said that the Bible says that the creation was perfect, UNLESS you were saying that the Bible says that the creation was imperfectly good, rather than perfectly good?

Cutting through the rest of the garbage in your post, I will answer the actual question.

6days said that the Bible says that the creation was "perfect". I pointed out that he was wrong. That is not what the bible said.
We do not know from the text whether the creation was "prefect" or not. Nor do we have any idea what "perfect" means in God's view.

"We don't know" is the correct answer here.

chair

Deut. 32:4 "His works are perfect" God is perfect, so His work, His creation was perfect, but marred by our sin. God did not create using a process of pain, suffering and death...because then the gospel would have no foundation. Last Adam would not have had to suffer and defeat physical death (The enemy 1 Cor. 15:26) if God had created using a process of death, calling it "very good"

The term is "Tamim", which means "whole" or "complete", not "perfect" in the modern sense. And the verse isn't referring specifically to the creation.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
The term is "Tamim", which means "whole" or "complete", not "perfect" in the modern sense. And the verse isn't referring specifically to the creation.

What term is used to describe the devil in?

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

6days

So... As Child of God points out, you seem to argue that Satan was perfect, but not the works of God?
God is perfect, so His work, His creation was perfect, but marred by our sin. God did not create using a process of pain, suffering and death calling that very good.
Evolutionism is an attack on the goodness of Our Creator.(and on science)

chair

So... As Child of God points out, you seem to argue that Satan was perfect, but not the works of God?
God is perfect, so His work, His creation was perfect, but marred by our sin. God did not create using a process of pain, suffering and death calling that very good.
Evolutionism is an attack on the goodness of Our Creator.(and on science)

If you'd pay attention to the posts in this thread, you would know that:
1. The term "perfect" does not appear in the Hebrew. It meant something different in KJV times than it does today.
2. I do not think that the verses in Ezekiel are referring to Satan at all
3. I make no claims about what is perfect or not. I am only pointing out what the biblical text actually says.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1. The term "perfect" does not appear in the Hebrew. It meant something different in KJV times than it does today.
2. I do not think that the verses in Ezekiel are referring to Satan at all
3. I make no claims about what is perfect or not. I am only pointing out what the biblical text actually says.

Could you acknowledge that God is perfect and that everything that God does is perfect?

6days

chair said:
I think what you mean is 'if you just believe what I write....'.
chair said:
we agree! There are no English words in the Hebrew language, and language changes over time.

From scripture, we know that God is perfect. He is omnipotent, omniscient, Holy, faithful, wise, omnipresent and more. We know that he is perfect, and that his works are perfect. It is not just the old KJV that uses the word perfect, but many modern translation teams also use the word perfect in describing God. (NIV, NLT, ESV, new KJV, and many others including Young's literal translation

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I said that "good" is not "perfect".

So the very important point that you were trying to make is that the word, 'good', is not the word, 'perfect'? Is that it? Could you please quote where 6days, or anybody else, claimed that the word, 'good', IS the word, 'perfect'? Could you please quote where 6days, or anybody else, claimed that the word, 'perfect', occurs in Genesis 1--2?

Cutting through the rest of the garbage in your post, I will answer the actual question.

Note that you can't even specify to which (if any) question you are here referring by your phrase, "the actual question". That's because you haven't answered, and aren't going to try to answer, any question I asked you.

6days said that the Bible says that the creation was "perfect". I pointed out that he was wrong.

Wait a second: Are you saying that 6days said that the word, 'perfect', occurs in the text of Genesis 1-2? Show us where you imagine he said so; please quote him, and link to the post of his to which you are referring.

That is not what the bible said.

Are you saying, here, that the Bible did not say the word, 'perfect', in the text of Genesis 1-2? Can you quote anyone in this thread as having said that the word, 'perfect', occurs in the text of Genesis 1-2?

7djengo7

Why?
I'm not even sure what "perfect" means in this context.

Why, you just don't know much of anything. You're a real dud when it comes to thinking.

Anyway, you're the guy who told us that

"very good" is a subset of "good", and "perfect" is a subset of "very good".

By telling us that perfect is a subset of a subset of good, you've told us that for something to be perfect is for it to be good. So, in any context--according to your own, above-quoted classification scheme--to say that something is perfect would be (at the very least) to say that it is good.

But, you've over and over demonstrated your disdain for logic, so, of course, nobody really expects you to try to engage in making deductions--not even deductions from your own dicta.

7djengo7

If God could use the word PERFECT to describe the Devil, why did not God use the same word when He said it was Very Good?

What (if anything) are you trying to say, here?

Why don't you tell us exactly why God did not use the word, 'perfect', rather than the word, 'very good', since you seem to think you know why?
Tell us exactly what you would say it is about the word, 'perfect', that (as you imagine) kept God from using it, rather than the word, 'very good', in describing His creation.

chair

Why, you just don't know much of anything. You're a real dud when it comes to thinking.
But, you've over and over demonstrated your disdain for logic, so, of course, nobody really expects you to try to engage in making deductions--not even deductions from your own dicta.

Does anybody here understand what motivates a person like 7-d-7? Is he just naturally nasty? Does he feel a need to prove himself smarter and better than everybody else?

I've run into nasty comments here plenty of times, but rarely with the consistency of this gentleman (or lady). It seems pathological.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Does anybody here understand what motivates a person like 7-d-7? Is he just naturally nasty?

Some people just act like trolls, and I only interact with them as it pleases me for whatever personal reasons. Otherwise, I just ignore them. Proceed at your own discretion.

Last edited:

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
I think you need to lay off the false accusations, or risk being banned as a troll.

Do you remember what the punishment in the Bible was for someone who bore false witness?

It was that the punishment for the crime the false accuser bore false witness of be applied to the accuser.

In this case, Trolling results in a permanent ban. 7D has been on here long enough to establish that he is not a troll. Which means you need to provide evidence of your claims, or retract them.

How about, instead of calling people you disagree with "trolls," you engage the argument they present, or put them on ignore. Next time you make this accusation, I'm going to give you an infraction for being unnecessarily disruptive.

As for engaging with 7 d 7, I Find him to controversial about small things.

He wants to argue about what words mean, I want to express that Jesus loves you.