I Love Jesus and I Accept Evolution

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Not blustering.

Step one we begin with a eukaryotic cell. Such cells begin to stick together in colonies. There are a handful of cell surface proteins that can do this.

Step 2. Some of the stuck together cells begin to specialize - this is the beginning of an organism rather than a collection of cells.

"Cut a hydra in two, and you will end up with two hydras. Cut it into 20 pieces and you will have 20 hydras. Turn the hydra inside-out, and it will recover. Scientists have even blended hydras down to their cellular components, spun them in a centrifuge so they pack together, and watched as the cells sort themselves back into hydra."

Hydra: Stretchy, Speedy, & Probably Immortal

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yay. User name is back with his Google searches. :plain:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I am a biology professor so science communication is a big part of my job. I'm always looking to hone my skills though. :)

I know you are and a bit of a cuckoo too, my guess? What are you trying to do? Biologise us into changing our beliefs? As long as you realise you are a bit of a oddball here?

Alate_One

Calling nonsense "a well supported idea" doesn't actually further the discussion.
When the American Association for the Advancement of Science calls it "a well supported idea" and some random person on the internet calls it nonsense. I think I'm going to go with the AAAS. ;)

The contemporary theory of biological evolution is one of the most robust products of scientific inquiry. It is the foundation for research in many areas of biology as well as an essential element of science education.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When the American Association for the Advancement of Science calls it "a well supported idea" and some random person on the internet calls it nonsense. I think I'm going to go with the AAAS. ;)

The contemporary theory of biological evolution is one of the most robust products of scientific inquiry. It is the foundation for research in many areas of biology as well as an essential element of science education.

Would you say that one could not understand most of the field of biology without having the "contemporary theory of biological evolution" as the foundation for one's education?

Alate_One

I know you are and a bit of a cuckoo too, my guess?
There many people here who are far more cuckoo than me . . . I'm just entertained somewhat by arguing. ^_^

What are you trying to do? Biologise us into changing our beliefs?
More to just represent an alternative and growing position in the church at large.
As long as you realise you are a bit of a oddball here?
Isn't everyone and oddball here? ;) (well everyone that isn't a mid acts, open theist).

Have never run into any Christian with those particular beliefs before coming here.

Alate_One

Would you say that one could not understand most of the field of biology without having the "contemporary theory of biological evolution" as the foundation for one's education?
Pretty much. It wouldn't make any sense anyway.
Why else would the mitochondrion have DNA and ribosomes that look and function like bacteria? Why do genes from one organism work very well when inserted into another?

Why does combination retroviral therapy work against HIV while sequential therapy does not?

Evolution makes sense of how many parts of the human body are formed as well. It's really hard to avoid.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That's because you need to hide behind authorities. You can't allow the evidence a fair hearing.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why else would the mitochondrion have DNA and ribosomes that look and function like bacteria? Why do genes from one organism work very well when inserted into another?Why does combination retroviral therapy work against HIV while sequential therapy does not?

There's a one-word answer to all these questions that gets given to you every time you ask them, but you refuse to address it.

Evolution makes no sense of how many parts of the human body are formed. It's really hard to avoid.

Alate_One

People reject the nonsense you call "evolution" because, um, it's nonsense.

Since whales have no hands, whales have no fingers. See, fingers are parts of hands, and flippers are not hands. Since flippers are not hands, flippers have no fingers. Since flippers have no fingers, the bones component to flippers are not finger bones.

The question is, why do you play make-believe that whales have fingers in their flippers?
Uhh because they do?

Gray whale skeleton.
lifted+profile+clean+whale+in+blue.jpg

Articulating a whale flipper for display.
9c09dc6080a3c52155249720325b4ac4.jpg

If it looks like a finger bone, has joints like a finger bone, why isn't it a finger bone? If it's not a fingerbone, what is it? The arm has arm bones like ours, a humerus, radius and ulna, wrist and . . .fingers.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Pretty much. It wouldn't make any sense anyway.
Why else would the mitochondrion have DNA and ribosomes that look and function like bacteria? Why do genes from one organism work very well when inserted into another?

Why does combination retroviral therapy work against HIV while sequential therapy does not?

Evolution makes sense of how many parts of the human body are formed as well. It's really hard to avoid.

Oh really? So if it came down to numbers (which it doesn't, due to it being an appeal to popularity), you would also say that the 30,000 US public high school teachers who do not endorse Darwinism in class, should be re-educated, or at the very least, are wrong?

How about 100,000 college professors who agree that "intelligent design IS a serious scientific alternative to the Darwinian theory of evolution."

How about the 60% of US medical doctors (about 570,000 of them) (medicine is an applied science in biology and other sciences) who reject the secular Darwinist explanation for our existence with three of five docs agreeing that either God initiated and guided the process that led to human life or that God specially created us human beings?

:think:

6days

Alate_One said:
(Jesus Christ) death burial and resurrection are unique and leads me to believe His claims of Godhood.
Excellent! But... if Jesus was Godhead, why was physical death and resurrection necessary for our salvation? 1 Cor. 15 and Romans 5 explain that Last Adam (Jesus) went to Calvary because death entered our world when first Adam sinned. The Gospel message rests on the foundation of the clear creation account account in[ Genesis.
Alate_One said:
it is unfortunate that many Christians insist on rejecting science. This creates a stumbling block for many Christians where there need not be one.
You are confusing common ancestry beliefs with science. It was not science that proclaimed our DNA was 98% junk. It was not science which proclaimed retroviruses and pseudogenes were biological remnants. It was not science that said Neandertals were dimwitted, inarticulate creatures. Common ancestry beliefs have actually hindered science... at times harmed people... and led to millions of youth not trusting basic tenants of Christianity such as virgin birth. (PEW Research)

chair

How about 100,000 college professors who agree that "intelligent design IS a serious scientific alternative to the Darwinian theory of evolution."
I see this in your link, but I couldn't figure out where the 100,00 come from:

"We also asked respondents to weigh in on the controversy over intelligent design. Our
question asked respondents how much they agreed or disagreed with the following
statement: “The theory of intelligent design IS a serious scientific alternative to the
Darwinian theory of evolution.” Overall, 84.1 percent of professors surveyed disagreed
with the statement, with 75.3 percent registering strong disagreement. "