I Love Jesus and I Accept Evolution

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I would seriously be willing to say that a very good score of 9.8 is NOT PERFECT.

Yet, what's your point in saying that? For, you still haven't answered the question I asked:

Would you seriously be willing say that a perfect score of 10 is NOT VERY GOOD?

And, when are you going to answer the question I asked you:

Is one that is good and perfect clearly better than itself?

Arthur Brain

But, we already know that Arthur Brain is a God-despiser. So, it comes as no surprise to hear Arthur Brain, here, denying that God is good.

It comes as no surprise that you're reduced to making stuff up and lying. You still seem to be smarting that you were caught in a schoolboy error regarding evolution and what it isn't the actual cause of but that's nobody else's fault but yours. Nowhere, here, have I stated or even remotely implied that God isn't good. I've merely stated the obvious, that perfection goes beyond any measure of good.

7djengo7

No, you are arguing that a very good is perfect, and this is not the case.

Most people would not say a perfect score is a very good score, but would say it is the best score.

So,"Child of God"--what say you of the God of Whom you claim you're a child?
  • Is God good? Yes or No?
  • Is God perfect? Yes or No?

7djengo7

It comes as no surprise that you're reduced to making stuff up and lying. You still seem to be smarting that you were caught in a schoolboy error regarding evolution and what it isn't the actual cause of but that's nobody else's fault but yours. Nowhere, here, have I stated or even remotely implied that God isn't good. I've merely stated the obvious, that perfection goes beyond any measure of good.

So, then, you actually agree with me--versus User Name, and "Child of God"--that God is good, AND very good, AND perfect?

Arthur Brain:
  • Is God very good? Yes or No?

Arthur Brain

So, then, you actually agree with me--versus User Name, and "Child of God"--that God is good, AND very good, AND perfect?

Arthur Brain:

I'd be surprised if you thought God was anything short of perfect. No, I don't agree with you, nor am I inclined to when people deliberately lie about me as you have when presented with a very simple premise. Perfection goes beyond good, very good, exceedingly good, excellent, stupendous etc etc.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
So,"Child of God"--what say you of the God of Whom you claim you're a child?

Isa_55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa_55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It is not my job to judge the character of God.

Jesus said,

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Mat_5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I believe what Jesus said.

What do these questions have to do with the OP or that I addressed your claiming that very good is perfect?

A Grade Point Average of 3.8 is very good, but not perfect.

Perfect
having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

7djengo7

I'd be surprised if you thought God was anything short of perfect. No, I don't agree with you, nor am I inclined to when people deliberately lie about me as you have when presented with a very simple premise. Perfection goes beyond good, very good, exceedingly good, excellent, stupendous etc etc.
Why must you refuse to answer these questions, Arthur Brain?

7djengo7

Isa_55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa_55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It is not my job to judge the character of God.

Jesus said,

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Mat_5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I believe what Jesus said.

Obviously you don't believe what Jesus said, else you'd have no difficulty answering YES to each of the questions I asked you:
  • Is God good AND perfect? Yes or No?

Arthur Brain

Why must you refuse to answer these questions, Arthur Brain?

Says the guy who invents up lies about people and refuses to acknowledge or even address them? Perfection is not "good", it goes beyond any superlative where any error or shortcoming is present. So asking me whether God is "good" or "very good" fades in comparison to perfection itself.

7djengo7

Perhaps because he is not interested in playing your semantic word games?

I love that you call questions that embarrass God-despising irrationalists such as Arthur Brain and yourself, "semantic word games", as though you think you are somehow saying something pejorative about me by taking notice of my concern about questions of meaning. Y'all are just sore that you can't get me to play along with your anti-semantic word games.

You and Arthur Brain despise God so much that you consider God to be not very good, and that you consider God to be not good at all. You despise the goodness of God, and you try (pathetically, in futility) to hide that fact by pretending you mean something by saying that the God Whom you despise is "perfect".

7djengo7

Says the guy who invents up lies about people and refuses to acknowledge or even address them? Perfection is not "good", it goes beyond any superlative where any error or shortcoming is present. So asking me whether God is "good" or "very good" fades in comparison to perfection itself.
Again, why must you refuse to answer these questions, Arthur Brain?

Arthur Brain

I love that you call questions that embarrass God-despising irrationalists such as Arthur Brain and yourself, "semantic word games", as though you think you are somehow saying something pejorative about me by taking notice of my concern about questions of meaning. Y'all are just sore that you can't get me to play along with your anti-semantic word games.

You and Arthur Brain despise God so much that you consider God to be not very good, and that you consider God to be not good at all. You despise the goodness of God, and you try (pathetically, in futility) to hide that fact by pretending you mean something by saying that the God Whom you despise is "perfect".

Heck, how old are you Djengo? Can you not recognize how juvenile this type of mud slinging is? People aren't "God despisers" or "irrational" because they don't happen to have a beef with science that conflicts with your belief system. Folk are simply pointing out that perfection is beyond any measure of quality that falls short of the absolute. Why did you ask me if God is good and then "very good" ? Why the secondary question? You have engaged in semantics on every thread where it comes to evolution and the like and you still indulge in lies like the above when called on it.

7djengo7

Heck, how old are you Djengo? Can you not recognize how juvenile this type of mud slinging is? People aren't "God despisers" or "irrational" because they don't happen to have a beef with science that conflicts with your belief system. Folk are simply pointing out that perfection is beyond any measure of quality that falls short of the absolute. Why did you ask me if God is good and then "very good" ? Why the secondary question? You have engaged in semantics on every thread where it comes to evolution and the like and you still indulge in lies like the above when called on it.

LOL

And you have engaged in anti-semantics in (at least) every post in which you have reacted to one or more of my posts. That's because you prefer being noisemaker--a quacking duck--rather than a thinking man.

That's like the fourth time you've admitted that you can't answer these questions, Arthur Brain:
I've no problem answering them:
  • Is God good? Yes.
  • Is God very good? Yes.
  • Is God perfect? Yes.
Why can't you answer them?

7djengo7

I'm not trying to get you to "play along" with anything.

Yeah you are. You're trying to get me to play along with your anti-semantic word games. You're trying to get me to not ask you questions about the meaningless stupidities you are wont to writing on TOL.

The only word game I'm interested in is Scrabble...

I, too, am interested in that particular word game, Arthur Brain.