Understand scripture based in use of terms

Right Divider

Body part
There are so many ways to see that Paul's epistles differ greatly from the so-called gospels (M,M,L&J).

During Jesus' earthly ministry to His people Israel, He frequently referred to Himself as "the Son of man".

This term appears 32 times in Matthew, 15 time in Mark, 26 times in Luke and 11 times in John.

The number of times that this term appears in Paul's 13 epistles.... ZERO.... NOT ONCE.

That is a VERY telling fact about Paul's ministry being different from the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Truster

Having used the term Son of Man 26 times in his evangel how many times did Luke use the term in his record of the acts of the apostles?

Right Divider

Body part
Having used the term Son of Man 26 times in his evangel how many times did Luke use the term in his record of the acts of the apostles?
All of the uses of the term "the Son of man" in Luke are direct quotes of the Lord Jesus Christ speaking that term.

ONCE AGAIN, why does Paul never use the term even ONCE?

Paul saw Jesus many times after His ascension and never once does that term show up. Why?

TrevorL

Greetings Right Divider,
All of the uses of the term "the Son of man" in Luke are direct quotes of the Lord Jesus Christ speaking that term.
ONCE AGAIN, why does Paul never use the term even ONCE?
Paul saw Jesus many times after His ascension and never once does that term show up. Why?
Doing a quick search of the occurrence of the title “the Son of Man”, the following are a few examples, from the OT and NT:
Psalm 80:17 (KJV): Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
John 8:28 (KJV): Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 12:23 (KJV): And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
Hebrews 2:6 (KJV): But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Revelation 1:12–13 (KJV): 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Are you suggesting that Jesus is no longer “the Son of Man”, or that Paul did not believe or teach that Jesus is the Son of Man. Why does John record that Jesus claims to be the Son of Man, and in Revelation uses the term again which most consider to be given after the death of Paul. So perhaps you may like to answer your own question and what significance do you place on this?

Kind regards
Trevor

Jerry Shugart

That is a VERY telling fact about Paul's ministry being different from the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Hebrew epistles are loaded with references to an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus and only those in the Body of Christ were taught that the Lord Jesus could appear at any moment. So the doctrine contained in the Hebrew epistles was written to those in the Body.

Your teaching robs those you teach of valuable doctrines! But you are unable to learn and that is why you continue to teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works despite the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to them:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
(Jn.6:47).​

Right Divider

Body part
The Hebrew epistles are loaded with references to an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus and only those in the Body of Christ were taught that the Lord Jesus could appear at any moment. So the doctrine contained in the Hebrew epistles was written to those in the Body.

Your teaching robs those you teach of valuable doctrines! But you are unable to learn and that is why you continue to teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works despite the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to them:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
(Jn.6:47).​
It is very telling that Jerry is a habitual liar.

I've asked you before and I'll ask you AGAIN to QUOTE the post where I "teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works".

Also, Jerry CANNOT even stay on TOPIC in his very first post in a thread.

Jerry is an obsessed zealot that cannot think about anything but his pet doctrines.

genuineoriginal

There are so many ways to see that Paul's epistles differ greatly from the so-called gospels (M,M,L&J).

During Jesus' earthly ministry to His people Israel, He frequently referred to Himself as "the Son of man".

This term appears 32 times in Matthew, 15 time in Mark, 26 times in Luke and 11 times in John.

The number of times that this term appears in Paul's 13 epistles.... ZERO.... NOT ONCE.

It sounds like the first step in an argument that Paul's letters are another gospel, which would make Paul a false apostle.

Right Divider

Body part
It sounds like the first step in an argument that Paul's letters are another gospel, which would make Paul a false apostle.
Paul did teach another gospel.... but you cannot even comment on the TOPIC of this thread....

Since you cannot comment on the TOPIC of this thread, it's clear that you know nothing about it. Get lost.

genuineoriginal

Paul did teach another gospel.... but you cannot even comment on the TOPIC of this thread....

Since you cannot comment on the TOPIC of this thread, it's clear that you know nothing about it.

If Paul did not understand even the basic fact that Jesus considered Himself the "Son of man", then Paul really didn't know anything about Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
Who would know more about the gospel, the people that lived with Jesus for 3-1/2 and learned from Him daily, or someone that hated Jesus and persecuted His followers?
Now we can see why you're so wrong about so many things. You hate Jesus' most recent apostle.

People made the SAME false accusations about Paul throughout his ministry!

genuineoriginal

I'm certain that Paul fully understood it. And yet it does not appear even a SINGLE time in ALL of his epistles. Why not?
Paul was writing to a mostly Gentile audience in his epistles.
"The Son of man" is a Hebrew concept that the Gentile audience would not understand without studying the Hebrew scriptures.

Daniel 7:13
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.​

genuineoriginal

Now we can see why you're so wrong about so many things. You hate Jesus' most recent apostle.

People made the SAME false accusations about Paul throughout his ministry!
You seem to have jumped to a false conclusion based on your own misunderstandings.

I do not hate Paul, nor do I hate Paul's teachings.
I hate the way that well-meaning people have twisted Paul's teachings into damnable heresy.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul was writing to a mostly Gentile audience in his epistles.
"The Son of man" is a Hebrew concept that the Gentile audience would not understand without studying the Hebrew scriptures.
Many does not mean all. Many of Paul's epistles were written to mixed audiences.

You're doing a terrible job of addressing the COMPLETELY missing TITLE that the Lord Jesus Christ used frequently during His earthly ministry. If Paul's ministry was simply "the same" as the twelve, this TITLE would appear at least a few times... but it does not appear even ONCE.

genuineoriginal

Many does not mean all. Many of Paul's epistles were written to mixed audiences.
Paul's writings supplemented the writings of the other apostles, they did not supplant them.

You're doing a terrible job of addressing the COMPLETELY missing TITLE that the Lord Jesus Christ used frequently during His earthly ministry.
You are doing a horrible job of showing that Paul is someone a believer in Jesus the Messiah should to listen to.

If Paul's ministry was simply "the same" as the twelve, this TITLE would appear at least a few times... but it does not appear even ONCE.
Your argument is flawed, as is your conclusion.

In Paul's writings, he was not laying the same foundation again that was laid by the other apostles, which was the teachings of Jesus Himself that were to be passed on to all believers by the people that Jesus taught during his life.

Paul was writing to the believers who were living in the time between Jesus ascending to heaven and Jesus returning to earth to set up the kingdom of God.