1 JOHN 2:2 THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD

beloved57

Another passage indicative of Gentiles and Jews being Christ Sheep is Acts 20:28

28 [FONT=&quot]Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

All the Flock i believe refers to Sheep like in a flock of Sheep !

And the Church, the Body of Christ is comprised of both jew and gentile believers ! So its Spiritually logical that scripture indicates that gentiles that belong to the Body of Christ are His Sheep ![/FONT]

beloved57

Another indicative of Gentiles being Sheep is carefully looking at who Christ lay down His Life for, or gave Himself for. In Jn 10:11,15

11 [FONT=&quot]I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
[/FONT]
15 [FONT=&quot]As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now compare what Paul wrote to whom Christ Loved and gave His Life for Eph 5:25

[/FONT]
25 [FONT=&quot]Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;[/FONT]

Right Divider

Body part
Another passage indicative of Gentiles and Jews being Christ Sheep is Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

And the Church, the Body of Christ is comprised of both jew and gentile believers ! So its Spiritually logical that scripture indicates that gentiles that belong to the Body of Christ are His Sheep !
  1. There are other animals that flock, besides sheep. It does NOT unequivocally say sheep.
  2. If believers where sheep, why is Paul silent in ALL THIRTEEN of his epistles? That's very strong evidence that believers in the body of Christ are not sheep.
  3. I know that you will not understand a single word in this post.

Right Divider

Body part
Another indicative of Gentiles being Sheep is carefully looking at who Christ lay down His Life for, or gave Himself for. In Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Now compare what Paul wrote to whom Christ Loved and gave His Life for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
You are a Bible blender/masher that can magically combine any two scriptures into a complete mess!

Nanja

28 [FONT="]Take heed therefore unto yourselves, [B]and to all the flock,[/B] over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers,[B] to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.[/B]

And the Church, the Body of Christ is comprised of both jew and gentile believers ! So its Spiritually logical that scripture indicates that gentiles that belong to the Body of Christ are His Sheep ![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Absolutely !

DougE

Absolutely !

Not necessarily

The church of God was composed of members of the believing remnant of Israel who believed on Christ and the gospel of the kingdom and grace believers, members of the body of Christ.

Paul persecuted the remnant of Israel, the church of God, before he was saved (Galatians 1:13).

DougE

28 [FONT="]Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

And the Church, the Body of Christ is comprised of both jew and gentile believers ! So its Spiritually logical that scripture indicates that gentiles that belong to the Body of Christ are His Sheep ![/FONT]

Not necessarily

The church of God was composed of members of the believing remnant of Israel who believed on Christ and the gospel of the kingdom and grace believers, members of the body of Christ.

Paul persecuted the remnant of Israel, the church of God, before he was saved (Galatians 1:13).

beloved57

Not necessarily

As already stated. The Church, the Body of Christ was constituted with believing jews and gentiles, Christs Sheep Flock

DougE

Scriptures that indicate that Gentiles are Sheep, and not just ethnic jews. In fact all ethnic jews werent Christs Sheep Jn 10:26

26 [FONT="]But ye[jews] believe not,[B] because ye are not of my sheep[/B], as I said unto you.

In the same context in Vs 16 Jesus speaks of sheep He had not of the jewish fold

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]16 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Notice Jesus says these other Sheep shall hear His voice.

The same was said of the call of the gentiles Acts 28:28

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they [/FONT]will hear it.

The other sheep are the scattered remant of believing Israel and does not referr to Gentiles.

Isaiah 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Notice the outcasts are of Israel not Gentiles and will be gathered unto the ones already gathered.

Jeremiah 23:3And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

This is the scattered remnant of Israel that John 10:16 talks of. There will be one fold and one shepherd (Ezekiel 37:24).

beloved57

The other sheep are the scattered remant of believing Israel and does not referr to Gentiles.

Isaiah 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Notice the outcasts are of Israel not Gentiles and will be gathered unto the ones already gathered.

Jeremiah 23:3And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

This is the scattered remnant of Israel that John 10:16 talks of. There will be one fold and one shepherd (Ezekiel 37:24).

They were not of the jewish fold they were other Sheep, different !

beloved57

Gentiles and Jews in the body are not referred to as sheep but a new creature Galatians 6:15

I just showd you that the Church of God was referred to as the flock Acts 20:28

28 [FONT=&quot]Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

[/FONT]
Flock :

ποίμνιον, ποιμνίου, τό (contracted from ποιμενιον, equivalent to ποίμνη, see ποιμήν; (on the accent cf. Winers Grammar, 52; Chandler § 313 b.)), a flock (especially) of sheep:so of a group of Christ's disciples, Luke 12:32; of bodies of Christians (churches) presided over by elders (cf. references under the word ποιμήν, b.), Acts 20:28, 29; 1 Peter 5:3;

DougE

I just showd you that the Church of God was referred to as the flock Acts 20:28

28 [FONT="]Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all [B]the flock,[/B] over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers,[B] to feed the church of God, [/B]which he hath purchased with his own blood.

[/FONT][/COLOR]Flock :

[COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto][FONT=Cardo]ποίμνιον[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto], [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#9F4000][FONT=Cardo]ποιμνίου[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto], [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#9F4000][FONT=Cardo]τό[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto] (contracted from [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#9F4000][FONT=Cardo]ποιμενιον[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto], equivalent to [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#9F4000][FONT=Cardo]ποίμνη[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto], see [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#9F4000][FONT=Cardo]ποιμήν[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]; (on the accent cf. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]Winer[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]s Grammar, 52; [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]Chandler[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto] § 313 b.)), [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]a flock (especially) of sheep[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0A0A0A][FONT=arial]so of a group of Christ's disciples, [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/luke/12/32/s_985032"]Luke 12:32[/URL]; of bodies of Christians (churches) presided over by elders (cf. references under the word ποιμήν, b.), Acts 20:28, 29; 1 Peter 5:3;

I am confused....so are you saying the church of God is the body of Christ?