Was the fall necessary ?

Nanja

The Fall of man was necessary to fulfill the fact that man originally was made in the image and likeness of God, which image is ultimately conformity to Christ, who is the Ultimate Image and Likeness to God Col 1:15

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

How can man be in the image of God without conformity to Christ ?

He can't, It's impossible !

The only portion of humanity that are conformed to the Image of God's Son are those He foreknew and predestinated to be so; and it's evidenced by their Spiritual Creation in Christ.

Rom. 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Cor. 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Now all the rest of humanity were made in the image of their father the devil John 8:44; Mat. 13:38.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He can't, It's impossible !

The only portion of humanity that are conformed to the Image of God's Son are those He foreknew and predestinated to be so; and it's evidenced by their Spiritual Creation in Christ.

Rom. 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Cor. 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Now all the rest of humanity were made in the image of their father the devil John 8:44; Mat. 13:38.

Are babies made in God's image and likeness?

Cntrysner

My rant,

I want all to know this....

Everytime I read words concerning salvation on this forum.. their belief, their free will, their faith, it is always theirs that they speak of and it turns my stomach and makes me cringe how they try to possession salvation through themselves. It is they that must do something first to claim possession and I am telling all it is nothing more than hog wash. All you can do is choose when presented the gospel of Christ because there is none righteous but one and it includes all and it will be that way forever. The more of this true gospel revealed, meaning you believe more of it, condemns more and more to the point of denying yourself in all things and giving all honor and glory to Christ. It is the belief of (what Christ believed), the will of Christ(his will to endure) and the faith of Christ ( His faith in the Father) that we receive the eternal gift. All of the aforementioned belongs to Him. I don't hear it by testimony whether it be written or spoken but must needs be and if it is not it is missed. There's robbery putting the cart before the horse and if you choose to speak so, get ready to move mountains and be prepared to sink beneath the waves of the righteous One. Many will argue against what I just said but in truth who are they arguing against because all I did in this post is give all to Christ, His will, His endurance, His faith or nothing but everything that can be named. Now choose this day and honor this day whom you choose.

Nanja

Are babies made in God's image and likeness?

A person's age has nothing to do with it.

According to the scriptures, God from Everlasting had decreed some to be Vessels of Mercy made in His Image and Likeness Rom. 9:23.

And yet others to be vessels of wrath fitted for destruction Rom. 9:22.

Prov. 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Job 23:13-14

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. 14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Cntrysner

I read post on this forum and all I read, well most, is people trying to exalt themselves above another. Yes, it's about who is best at demeaning the other. It is some kind of sickness and I find myself trying to do the same in return even though I don't like it. We should, I think, be here to exalt Christ but our doctrines give us license to condemn not exalt each other in Christ. Do any others here agree?

How do we persaud if need be? Is it by condemnation, nay, by what then? I say it is preach Christ and Him crucified and the results of it with compassion. All things are in Christ and I mean all by any other name. Don't condemn but beacon like a light and be prepare for condemnation without reciprocation and preach the gospel of Christ as it is written.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

According to the scriptures, God from Everlasting had decreed some to be Vessels of Mercy made in His Image and Likeness Rom. 9:23.

Prov. 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. 14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.
So babies are not made in God's image, correct?

Cntrysner

You are stepping beyond recognition if you omit man's ability to choose. Look at eden and it's trees and see that in the beginning man had a choice and it was the knowledge of good and evil but Adam and Eve were denied the tree of life at that time until the tree gave His life for our sins and still now man has the ability to choose.

God did decree but it was in Christ and still we have a choice.

Cntrysner

Did you just omit, that we, meaning all men created are created in His image, for your sake of argument?

Cntrysner

How does anyone count this heretic as a Christian?

How is his statement heretical, I don't care if he understands your systematic terminology. I will let, until I know more, but since you condemned him, feel free to explain your condemnation. I know we are appointed to judge but you better judge righteously for fear of judgement and that should be enough for you to stop you snide remarks.

Cntrysner

My rant is over for now, hope I get to continue on this forum but I will through Christ give Him all honor and glory first, in all things because he gave it to me through Him and I know I don't deserve it because I did not earn it in any form and I will now judge others by the same pattern that seek Him.

Cntrysner

Was the fall necessary for man? Yes and now, continually it is.

Paul said , I die daily and that is the pattern for us all.

Nanja

The Fall was necessary in order to bring the children of God to Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.​497

We know from scripture that Adam was a Son of God in the beginning Luke 3:38, and as a result, he and all those he originally was Federal Head of, the Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4; Gal. 3:16 [Sons / Children of God], must be Born again and given Faith in Christ which is a fruit and gift Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8 of the Spirit of God.

Gal. 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So the fall of Adam was necessary that he and all his posterity originally in him [God's Elect], through his sin, should be born again and given Faith, and made manifest to be the Sons of God.

Gen. 4:26 And men began to call upon the Name of the Lord.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is correct. Humans are born either vessels of mercy Rom. 9:23, or vessels of wrath Rom. 9:22.
Then why did God require life for life punishments for those who, in the process of committing a crime, killed a baby that was in the womb?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How is his statement heretical, I don't care if he understands your systematic terminology. I will let, until I know more, but since you condemned him, feel free to explain your condemnation. I know we are appointed to judge but you better judge righteously for fear of judgement and that should be enough for you to stop you snide remarks.

Read that idiotic statement that I quoted and then think it through.

According to blasphemy 57, if man hadn't fallen and was innocent he wouldn't have been fit to enter Heaven. So Adam and all of mankind in him was doomed to Hell even before the fall! So Jesus would have had to die even if the fall had never happened! In what universe would that be just?

But worse than that, blasphemy 57's doctrine is that the whole process REQUIRED sin! That God didn't just plan for the possibility of sin but that evil was a requisit ingredient needed to make it work at all!

If that isn't blasphemy then the word is meaningless!

blashphemy57 really does actually believe that God is unjust. He won't state it in those terms because he has altered the meaning of the word "justice" (along with several other easy to understand English words) to suit his doctrine but he can hardly open his mouth without proclaiming it. His god bares almost no resemblance to the God of the bible. He really doesn't quite care what the bible actually says or teaches. His doctrine isn't based on the bible but rather he simply cloaks his pagan Greek philosophical beliefs with bible verses and then calls it Christianity.

It is not impossible that he believes just barely enough of the gospel to have gotten saved but I very much doubt it. He has no concept at all of right and wrong. How then could he have repented? Indeed, he doesn't even believe that he did repent. He believes that God had him saved long before time started and that every thought, word or deed that he has ever performed was flawlessly and meticulously predetermined and made to happen by the unjust, arbitrary and capricious god that he worships. So his actions aren't his own, even in his own mind! No, it is far safer to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume him to be the unsaved heretic that his words portray him to be.

Clete

Last edited:

ttruscott

You have not proven that prepared beforehand refers to from everlasting....and it probably does not but only from the foundation of the world, ie after the Satanic fall.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I read post on this forum and all I read, well most, is people trying to exalt themselves above another. Yes, it's about who is best at demeaning the other. It is some kind of sickness and I find myself trying to do the same in return even though I don't like it. We should, I think, be here to exalt Christ but our doctrines give us license to condemn not exalt each other in Christ. Do any others here agree?
If I had a dime for every time I've read a post saying something like this just before the excuse themselves from the forum, I'd be rich.

If you have/had me on ignore because I'm too harsh to people who blaspheme God with their heretical nonsense, then I'd like very much to stay on that ignore list. I'll wear it as a badge of honor. I'm not the least bit interested in building such people up or in any other way being nice to them.

How do we persaud if need be? Is it by condemnation, nay, by what then? I say it is preach Christ and Him crucified and the results of it with compassion. All things are in Christ and I mean all by any other name. Don't condemn but beacon like a light and be prepare for condemnation without reciprocation and preach the gospel of Christ as it is written.
So not even 200 posts into your TOL career and you want to judge people because they don't do things the way you would.

I've been on this forum for decades. Yes, literally decades. I've seen it all and I've heard it all. These people that you're so eager to be nice to either hate the God you worship or are not here to debate anything. You literally haven't any idea what you're even talking about and what's more, no one cares what your opinion about their behavior is anyway.

If you don't like the forum, leave and keep your self righteous judments to yourself.

Clete

Jerry Shugart

Where is the singular pronoun in that passage? There isn't one! He is talking about groups, thus the plural pronouns throughout the passage.

Where is a singular pronoun at 1 Corinthians 12:13? So are you saying that believers were baptized by one Spirit into the Body of Christ as a group?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​