EZEKIEL 37:12 OPEN GRAVES

DougE

Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

The LORD prophesied that he would open the graves of his people Israel and bring them into the land.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

When Jesus died on the cross the graves of the saints were opened. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Ezekiel 37:12.

The Lord made a new covenant with Israel and one of the promises is to bring Israel into the land (Ezekiel 36:24-28). Jesus came to confirm the promises made to the fathers (Romans 15:8). Jesus would have fulfilled the new testament if Israel had received him as Messiah, the Son of God and believed the gospel of the kingdom; under the new covenant Israel would have possessed the promised land.

Right Divider

Body part
Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

The LORD prophesied that he would open the graves of his people Israel and bring them into the land.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

When Jesus died on the cross the graves of the saints were opened. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Ezekiel 37:12.

The Lord made a new covenant with Israel and one of the promises is to bring Israel into the land (Ezekiel 36:24-28). Jesus came to confirm the promises made to the fathers (Romans 15:8). Jesus would have fulfilled the new testament if Israel had received him as Messiah, the Son of God and believed the gospel of the kingdom; under the new covenant Israel would have possessed the promised land.
Sorry, no. That was not the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37

If this was fulfilled, those people would be in the land.

Eze 37:14 KJV And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Here some more stuff that is yet to be fulfilled:

Eze 37:24-28 KJV And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. (25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. (26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

DougE

Sorry, no. That was not the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37

If this was fulfilled, those people would be in the land.

Eze 37:14 KJV And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Here some more stuff that is yet to be fulfilled:

Eze 37:24-28 KJV And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. (25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. (26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Hello
Yes I can see your point but the kingdom was still being offered at the time of Matthew 27 and Jesus has just died to put in force the new testament.
Joel was fulfilled in Acts 2 at Pentecost according to Peter but the kingdom was not established yet either.

Right Divider

Body part
Hello
Yes I can see your point but the kingdom was still being offered at the time of Matthew 27 and Jesus has just died to put in force the new testament.
Joel was fulfilled in Acts 2 at Pentecost according to Peter but the kingdom was not established yet either.
So you agree that Ezekiel 37 is yet future?

Also, some of Joel was fulfilled. Much of it still yet future.

DougE

So you agree that Ezekiel 37 is yet future?

Also, some of Joel was fulfilled. Much of it still yet future.

Hey Bro
Yes I do think that

I think there may very well be a future fulfillment as well especially since Israel does not possess all the promised land.