Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World !

beloved57

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The word in is the greek prep which means:

in, on, at, by, with,

en (a preposition) – properly, in (inside, within); (figuratively) "in ​the realm (sphere) of," as in the condition (state) in which something operates from the inside (within).

See Christ is Gods Elect See Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

1 Pet 2:4

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

And no doubt He was Chosen of God before the foundation, which was the date the Father set His Love upon the Son of His Love judging from Jn 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

So Christ being Chosen, He wasn't Chosen alone, no many members were Chosen in and with Him because He was their Head .

So its simply impossible to affirm Christs Election of God and not His Members of His Body, lest we have a member less Head which would be a travesty untold. A writer Dr Goodwin wrote:

`as in the womb, head and members are not conceived apart, but together, as having relation to each other; so were we and Christ (as making up one mystical body to God) formed together in the eternal womb of election.''
And in the same place he says,
``Jesus Christ was the head of election, and of the elect of God; and so in order of nature elected first, though in order of time we were elected together; in the womb of election he, the head, came out first, and then we, the members.''

Christ and His members may be alluded to in this Psalm of David 139:15-16

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Bradley D

Do children who die and are not of the elect go to hell?

"...your children who do not yet know good from bad—they will enter the land" (Deut. 1:39).

Nanja

4 [FONT=&]According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

[/FONT]
in, on, at, by, with,

en (a preposition) – properly, in (inside, within); (figuratively) "in ​the realm (sphere) of," as in the condition (state) in which something operates from the inside (within).

[FONT=&]Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but [/FONT]chosen of God, and precious,

And no doubt He was Chosen of God before the foundation, which was the date the Father set His Love upon the Son of His Love judging from Jn 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

So Christ being Chosen, He wasn't Chosen alone, no many members were Chosen in and with Him because He was their Head .

So its simply impossible to affirm Christs Election of God and not His Members of His Body, lest we have a member less Head which would be a travesty untold. A writer Dr Goodwin wrote:

[FONT=&]15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.[/FONT]

Amen Brother, those whom God Loved He had Chosen in His Son by Divine Election Eph. 1:4, and so having had an Eternal Union with Him, were already members if HIs Body; One Body In Christ as in a Marriage Union with Him, according to God's Purpose and Grace Given them In Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

beloved57

Since Election is in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 its logical that its also before any of the chosen were ever born, that the purpose of God according to election might stand. Lets read Rom 9:11

11 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil,[/FONT] that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This verse clearly states that what man does or doesnt do isnt in the equation of Election, because God is stating they were even born ! How can someone do something if they dont exist ? S God gives the foundation upon which election stands. Anyone teaching that Gods election or choice of men to Salvation is based upon Him foreseeing they would accept Christ, or repent or something of that nature, this scripture condemns that teaching ![/FONT]

Nanja

Since Election is in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 its logical that its also before any of the chosen were ever born, that the purpose of God according to election might stand. Lets read Rom 9:11

11 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil,[/FONT] that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This verse clearly states that what man does or doesnt do isnt in the equation of Election, because God is stating they were even born ! How can someone do something if they dont exist ? S God gives the foundation upon which election stands. Anyone teaching that Gods election or choice of men to Salvation is based upon Him foreseeing they would accept Christ, or repent or something of that nature, this scripture condemns that teaching ![/FONT]

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth) [/QUOTE]

ttruscott

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

We wonder HOW anyone got to be IN Him when Calvinists claim it was for no condition at all that He chose us...since unconditional election is a hard doctrine to hold.

Where is your verse that states the opposite of UE?
Every verse that states or implies our GOD is loving, righteous and just.

1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before GOD and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ELECT angels. Since there are elect angels we can assume that the demonic angels were passed over for election or not considered for election. Angels do not presumably have any racial solidarity, ie, they all are holy or sinful by their own choice, not by anyone else's choice. So now we have to answer the question: were some elected before or after the fall of the Satanic rebellion?

IF some were elected / chosen before the fall then there is no stated reason for the non-election of those not so elected. Unmerited election then also means unmerited non-election, ie, for no lack of merit at all some were passed over for salvation and NOT chosen to be saved if they should ever sin.

What can we make of such a supposition? Can we say it is loving? Righteous? Just? The best we can say is HE is sovereign and if HE chose this way then who are you to argue, which is not a real answer at all. Why teach us HE is loving, righteous and just if it has no meaning in the biggest question in their existence: Why were some passed over for election!!!

It is entirely possible that the decision for some to receive unconditional election and others to receive unmerited rejection for election with no indication that this decision was loving, righteous or just could have precipitated the Satanic war in heaven by the perception that non-election was without any reason or condition or dis-merit which was NOT loving, righteous or just so they committed themselves to war, putting their faith in the belief that YHWH was a false god and a liar, unworthy of being their GOD for acting in this capricious manner.

This is what 'unconditional' implies. It implies 'no reason', not just an 'unknown reason' because if there was a reason there would be merit by not rebelling against that reason! Unconditional non-election means they were just as acceptable for election as everyone but did not receive it....that is, without merit or condition means that THEY WERE IN THEIR INNOCENCE WHEN THEY WERE PASSED OVER FOR ELECTION. That does NOT sound like my GOD at all or loving, nor righteous, nor just. IF they were passed over for an evil they did then there is righteous justice in the election of those that were not passed over, those who got the promise of election because they did not do that evil!!

If election was a response to the Satanic rebellion to reward those angels who did not rebel and to pass over those angels who did rebel and condemn them on the spot, then merit makes sense. The rebellion of the Satanic to the command to put their faith in the Son and to love one another which they heard in the beginning is the reason they were passed over to be HIS Bride. The choice by some to accept HIM as their GOD and to put their faith in HIS Son was the reason they were elected based upon the merit of this choice to obey the commandment.

Thus we probably have a precedent for election being based upon merit and proper free will decisions being the condition of being elected or not elected. And since unconditional election is false in the first people elected, the elect angels, I strongly suggest that it is wrongly used for some sinners sown into the world as sinful men who were also elected before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:4, you know, at the beginning, the time of the Satanic fall, perhaps.

It seems likely that this false doctrine arose for thefact that our salvation is without condition in that no one can earn their salvation by works at all.. And if salvation is unconditional then since it is founded upon election, election also must be unconditional. Once this is accepted then the idea grows that our GOD would condemn some for no reason, no dis-merit nor evil condition found in them, that is THEY WERE IN THEIR INNOCENCE WHEN THEY WERE PASSED OVER FOR ELECTION, a blasphemy.

But election is not salvation. Election as given or withheld from innocents (pre-sin) according to their free will decison to meet HIS requirements of election or to reject them, the first sins. Salvation is for sinners, for those who have lost their free will to the enslaving addiction of evil. Is it rational to expect that the same experience would be had in both election and salvation? That the same rules would apply? Election was the acceptance by GOD of those who responded to HIS claims to be our GOD with faith and non-election was HIS response to those who rejected to put their faith in HIM, rejecting HIM as a false god and a liar.

That salvation is unconditional in that no sinner can merit salvation by their works cannot mean it is not founded upon a reason and that reason is our election. Election is the promise of salvation to every elect person should they ever choose to sin in the future after their election. Salvation is the fulfillment of HIS promise of election in the elect sinner, totally outside the control of the sinner because they have become sinners, corrupt and evil.

Lon

We wonder HOW anyone got to be IN Him when [this form of] Calvinists claim it was for no condition at all that He chose us...since unconditional election is a hard doctrine to hold.
I amended the above, not necessarily that all Calvinists don't hold to this, but you are dialogging with a particular kind that embraces all of your observations. I'm not that kind of Calvinist, so heads-up regarding the difference.

In a nutshell, no matter how you'd think God chooses us, it is always 'conditional' unless it was random selection. What that 'something' is, I've no idea, but it doesn't matter your particular theological bent, the other positions will see election as 'conditional.' I've never been able to escape this, just acknowledge the legitimate question concerning it (before I was a Calvinist as well).

Every verse that states or implies our GOD is loving, righteous and just.
Incomplete sentence, its missing a verb unless you remove "that" but I don't want to second-guess here your intended meaning.

1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before GOD and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ELECT angels. Since there are elect angels we can assume that the demonic angels were passed over for election or not considered for election. Angels do not presumably have any racial solidarity, ie, they all are holy or sinful by their own choice, not by anyone else's choice. So now we have to answer the question: were some elected before or after the fall of the Satanic rebellion?

IF some were elected / chosen before the fall then there is no stated reason for the non-election of those not so elected. Unmerited election then also means unmerited non-election, ie, for no lack of merit at all some were passed over for salvation and NOT chosen to be saved if they should ever sin.
Romans 3:23 however cuts us away from 'us/them.' Rather we all were under the curse of sin. Because of this, the if/then juxtaposition doesn't work, if you follow.

[
QUOTE]What can we make of such a supposition? Can we say it is loving? Righteous? Just? The best we can say is HE is sovereign and if HE chose this way then who are you to argue, which is not a real answer at all. Why teach us HE is loving, righteous and just if it has no meaning in the biggest question in their existence: Why were some passed over for election!!!
In this, other theology perspectives say "they weren't." The idea is that it is, according to them, available to everyone. "No one can come to Me unless the Father draws Him." John 6:44 1 Corinthians 2:14

The point of wrestling for every believer is this: Why won't they? What is it in their make-up that this doesn't/cannot happen? What is it in ours that it did/does? Hence, without regard to theological position, there is difficulty explaining 'unconditional' and 'conditional.' The Calvinist simply embraces the 'un' (tUlip) and leaves it to the counsel of God. Salvation is of God. Your statement above, if I read it correctly, says God can and is to be trusted. My caveat (what I have to add for me), is 'regardless of what it may or may not look like to me, it is a trust issue.' God is Good, Righteous, Loving, Just, etc.

It is entirely possible that the decision for some to receive unconditional election and others to receive unmerited rejection for election with no indication that this decision was loving, righteous or just could have precipitated the Satanic war in heaven by the perception that non-election was without any reason or condition or dis-merit which was NOT loving, righteous or just so they committed themselves to war, putting their faith in the belief that YHWH was a false god and a liar, unworthy of being their GOD for acting in this capricious manner.

This is what 'unconditional' implies. It implies 'no reason', not just an 'unknown reason' because if there was a reason there would be merit by not rebelling against that reason! Unconditional non-election means they were just as acceptable for election as everyone but did not receive it....that is, without merit or condition means that THEY WERE IN THEIR INNOCENCE WHEN THEY WERE PASSED OVER FOR ELECTION. That does NOT sound like my GOD at all or loving, nor righteous, nor just. IF they were passed over for an evil they did then there is righteous justice in the election of those that were not passed over, those who got the promise of election because they did not do that evil!!
As given above, it isn't a necessary logical juxtaposition because we all were guilty, and we all sinned. It is only when one looks at 'how and why' we are saved and others are not. In a sense, it must surely be our new-godly sense of love for fellow men that seeks answers to "If I'm to love them (my relative and my enemy), then why can't I do anything about their salvation?" or some other goodly sentiment from care and concern. It is, I believe, this same objection that is addressed with 'unless you hate your mother and father more than me, you are unworthy of me' or some other harsh-seeming statement from the Lord of Love. I do remember in my early days of devotion reading 'get thee behind me Satan!' and wondering. It seemed to me, at the time, Peter was expressing love and desire to be with his Savior forever with "Surely not!" The problem? It may have been well-intended but the Lord Jesus Christ explained Himself that He'd been telling Peter the rest of the disciples for a long time, what MUST take place for Peter and we, to all be loved in the first place, to be saved.

My point: It was 'my' maturity in understanding and love, that made this difference. With the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing has changed. Rather, I have learned that what may not look loving to me today, may look incredibly loving and indeed the only action for love when I better understand. The LARGEST problem with Calvinism is that we aren't able to give the mature-love version at every instance. Worse? Nor can we, I don't believe. We have no choice but to trust and hope where we don't understand and I'd suggest we Calvinists, who learn more, learn there is much more we don't know. THAT is what we don't often convey as often as we ought. "Up-in-the-air" just doesn't convey the kind of confidence one needs to embrace a systematic theology. For me, however, it came with the package and while I see our theological flaws, I've embraced the label of Calvinism for it most accurately reflects the form of my own theological understanding.

If election was a response to the Satanic rebellion to reward those angels who did not rebel and to pass over those angels who did rebel and condemn them on the spot, then merit makes sense. The rebellion of the Satanic to the command to put their faith in the Son and to love one another which they heard in the beginning is the reason they were passed over to be HIS Bride. The choice by some to accept HIM as their GOD and to put their faith in HIS Son was the reason they were elected based upon the merit of this choice to obey the commandment.
This is still reactionary, however, thus 'conditional' upon something. The Arminian Remonstrance thus said that election was conditional and that God is only able to do so much to save, at the hands of sin. The problem I see is: Hebrews 7:25 I do believe He is able, to the uttermost.

Thus we probably have a precedent for election being based upon merit and proper free will decisions being the condition of being elected or not elected. And since unconditional election is false in the first people elected, the elect angels, I strongly suggest that it is wrongly used for some sinners sown into the world as sinful men who were also elected before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:4, you know, at the beginning, the time of the Satanic fall, perhaps.
The parable of the wheat and the tares, is us. Some are wheat. Some are weeds. The angels don't know, thus are forbidden. Some insist God doesn't know either, along with His angels until the time of harvest. This, to me, ALSO signals unconditional election where men are going to be what 'they' are going to be with no conditions against salvation. However, such is still argued 'conditional' because then it counts against men where they build or stumble upon the Lord Jesus Christ.

It seems likely that this false doctrine arose for thefact that our salvation is without condition in that no one can earn their salvation by works at all..
Why then would it be false? If even you are arguing against meritable salvation, isn't that in and of itself without conditions? The problem, as I've stated is the very slippery definitions of conditional vs unconditional. We often look to the O.T. concerning conditions vs. none. God promised to bless all through Abraham with no conditions. It was simply a statement, a promise akin to Romans 8:28 God also made a promise that 'if' Israel followed God's directives, He'd give them the land and drive out all their enemies. Whenever 'if' comes Hebrews 3:15 into context, we may infer (at least) salvation is conditional. However, if salvation is for all men and without regard, at least the availability would be understood as unconditional. Point: I believe we have to make very clear what we respectively mean by unconditional and conditional. The Calvinist specifically is saying Titus 3:5-7 that God is no respecter of persons.Acts 10:30 Romans 2:11 This doesn't mean (for all or most of us Calvinists) that God has no idea who will be saved. Because of this, there is often a retroactive claim that God condemns in foreknowledge. This doesn't have to be true at all. All who God can save, will be. 2 Peter 3:9 John 17:12

And if salvation is unconditional then since it is founded upon election, election also must be unconditional. Once this is accepted then the idea grows that our GOD would condemn some for no reason, no dis-merit nor evil condition found in them, that is THEY WERE IN THEIR INNOCENCE WHEN THEY WERE PASSED OVER FOR ELECTION, a blasphemy.
Romans 3:10

But election is not salvation. Election as given or withheld from innocents (pre-sin) according to their free will decison to meet HIS requirements of election or to reject them, the first sins. Salvation is for sinners, for those who have lost their free will to the enslaving addiction of evil. Is it rational to expect that the same experience would be had in both election and salvation? That the same rules would apply? Election was the acceptance by GOD of those who responded to HIS claims to be our GOD with faith and non-election was HIS response to those who rejected to put their faith in HIM, rejecting HIM as a false god and a liar.
You realize you are saying 'unconditional' then proceeding to describe conditions, yes? You are saying God only favors those who say 'yes.' In a way, I think I can agree BUT the Saul had to be struck blind and given little choice. Some on TOL have claimed that God gave them no or little choice either. It would then be arbitrary whether you believed in 'condition' or 'uncondition' based on your own salvation experience? :think:

That salvation is unconditional in that no sinner can merit salvation by their works cannot mean it is not founded upon a reason and that reason is our election.
My problem: This only allows those with 'reasoning' ability to be saved. It inadvertently condemns the handicapped, for instance. It'd also condemn children who die (or anyone who dies) before being able to wrestle with salvation questions. I've a few thoughts and questions spurred by such, but for now, am trying to simply show the other side of the discussion as well as some of the thinking behind those thoughts.

Election is the promise of salvation to every elect person should they ever choose to sin in the future after their election. Salvation is the fulfillment of HIS promise of election in the elect sinner, totally outside the control of the sinner because they have become sinners, corrupt and evil.
I believe you are confusing 'election' with 'security.' I'd like to see you develop your definition of 'election' and what you mean, a bit further (paragraph or two).

In Him -Lon

beloved57

bradley

Do children who die and are not of the elect go to hell?

Yes of course because they're outside of Christ, lest you believe men go to heaven apart from Christ ? The Deut 1:39 verse has nothing to do with Salvation in Christ, but has reference to the earthly land of canaan.

beloved57

Are the Chosen in Christ before they believe in Christ through the Gospel ? Yes they are, in fact they are in Christ even while being dead in trespasses and sins. How do I know this ? Eph 2:5-6

[FONT=&quot]5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

[/FONT]

Nanja

Are the Chosen in Christ before they believe in Christ through the Gospel ? Yes they are, in fact they are in Christ even while being dead in trespasses and sins. How do I know this ? Eph 2:5-6

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]5 [/B][/FONT]Even [U][B]when we were dead in sins,[/B][/U] hath quickened us[U][B] together with Christ[/B][/U], (by grace ye are saved)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

[/FONT]

Amen Brother ! The Chosen were In Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4; before they believed in Him, and while being dead in sins. Even so they were quickened [Made Alive] together with Christ and were raised up together with Him, being Saved by Grace, and made to sit in heavenly places In Christ Jesus Eph. 2:5-6.

Therefore these Truths so distinguish those Chosen in Christ before the foundation, in sharp contrast to the non-elect, not chosen, reprobates Titus 1:16; the seed of the serpent John 8:44; Mat. 23:33; the Seed of the wicked Ps. 37:28; Mat. 13:38; 2 Pet. 3:7; Rom. 9:22, so that God would be Glorified in Christ Jesus !

So Salvation by Grace has nothing to do with a person's choosing of his own freewill, or any other work of the flesh they may do. But strictly because God discriminately Elected certain individuals to be partakers of His Grace through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus Rom. 3:24, and not by any conditions they can meet, or any performance on their part !

beloved57

Just as the Elect had a representative being in Adam before their actual being in time, so likewise they [The Elect] had a representative being in Christ before their actual being in time. Though they had not yet existed, they were nevertheless foreknown by God personally and Loved by Him in Christ before the foundation of the World.Jn 17:20-24

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

This is the one and only Love of God for them in Christ Jesus Rom 8:38-39

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just as the Elect had a representative being in Adam before their actual being in time, so likewise they [The Elect] had a representative being in Christ before their actual being in time. Though they had not yet existed, they were nevertheless foreknown by God personally and Loved by Him in Christ before the foundation of the World.Jn 17:20-24

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
B57:

If God was not omniscient (all knowing), would He still be God?

Was there ever a time when God did not have you in His mind?

Nanja

[FONT=&]20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.[/FONT]

Amen Brother !

The Love of God is Holy and exclusively for God's Elect; those whom He has Chosen In Union with Christ His Son before the foundation Eph. 1:4; Rom. 8:39; and they are the exact same Chosen Ones Jesus prays for and Loved John 17:20-24, which Blessed Ones are also Spoken of here:

Deut. 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Jer. 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Rom. 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

rstrats

Does the supreme being have any input into the creation of an individual? And if so, does He know before He creates the individual that He will eventually be casting the individual into the lake of fire? And if so, why do you suppose He goes ahead and creates the individual anyway?

gaviria.christian

BANNED
Banned

4 [FONT=&]According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

[/FONT]
in, on, at, by, with,

[FONT=&]Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but [/FONT]chosen of God, and precious,

[FONT=&]15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.[/FONT]

God does indeed predestine and choose.

God's Truth

[/FONT]
in, on, at, by, with,

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

The plan was chosen before the creation.

The elect were the Jews because they were blood related to Abraham. God loved Abraham and promised Abraham that one of his blood relatives/descendants would be the Savior. That is why they are the elect, because from one of them Jesus would come.

It doesn't matter anymore if someone is blood related to Abraham. It only matters now if one has come to the blood of Jesus to wash away their sins.

God chooses people who believe and obey Jesus.

When Jesus came to earth, he was coming to make a NEW COVENANT based on faith. He came ONLY FOR Jews who already already belonged to God by faith.
THEY WERE GOD'S, AND GOD GAVE THEM TO JESUS. THEY WERE GOD'S AND NOW THEY HAD TO GO THROUGH JESUS TO REMAIN GOD'S. JESUS SAID HE WOULD NOT LOSE ONE THAT GOD GAVE HIM.

They were drawn to Jesus because they understood what Jesus was saying as the words from God.

See John 6:45.

God's Truth

5 Even when we were dead in sins,hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus[

The Gentiles were the ones DEAD IN SINS because they did not do the ceremonial/purification works of the law the Jews did to atone FOR THEIR SINS.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

The Jews had to get circumcised in the flesh to enter the covenant with GOD for which they could do the animal sacrifices.

The Gentiles were dead in their sins and the UNcircumcision of their flesh.

Jesus still saved them while they were dead in their sins and in the Uncircumcision of their flesh.

Jesus saved them in the state of disobedience to the law.

THAT MEANS THE GENTILES DIDN'T HAVE TO GET CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH BEFORE JESUS WOULD SAVE THEM.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

quip

BANNED
Banned
Does the supreme being have any input into the creation of an individual? And if so, does He know before He creates the individual that He will eventually be casting the individual into the lake of fire? And if so, why do you suppose He goes ahead and creates the individual anyway?

Meh. All are elect (or conversely, all non-elect)....it's the deluded, self-righteous propensity of the human ego to set oneself above others.

As you'll clearly notice the ones championing this notion...have conspicuosly placed themselves into the convenient fold of 'the chosen'. :rolleyes: