Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World !

beloved57

The plan was chosen before the creation.

The elect were the Jews because they were blood related to Abraham. God loved Abraham and promised Abraham that one of his blood relatives/descendants would be the Savior. That is why they are the elect, because from one of them Jesus would come.

It doesn't matter anymore if someone is blood related to Abraham. It only matters now if one has come to the blood of Jesus to wash away their sins.

God chooses people who believe and obey Jesus.

When Jesus came to earth, he was coming to make a NEW COVENANT based on faith. He came ONLY FOR Jews who already already belonged to God by faith.
THEY WERE GOD'S, AND GOD GAVE THEM TO JESUS. THEY WERE GOD'S AND NOW THEY HAD TO GO THROUGH JESUS TO REMAIN GOD'S. JESUS SAID HE WOULD NOT LOSE ONE THAT GOD GAVE HIM.

They were drawn to Jesus because they understood what Jesus was saying as the words from God.

See John 6:45.

False teaching, scripture says nothing about a plan being chosen !

beloved57

The Gentiles were the ones DEAD IN SINS because they did not do the ceremonial/purification works of the law the Jews did to atone FOR THEIR SINS.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

The Jews had to get circumcised in the flesh to enter the covenant with GOD for which they could do the animal sacrifices.

The Gentiles were dead in their sins and the UNcircumcision of their flesh.

Jesus still saved them while they were dead in their sins and in the Uncircumcision of their flesh.

Jesus saved them in the state of disobedience to the law.

THAT MEANS THE GENTILES DIDN'T HAVE TO GET CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH BEFORE JESUS WOULD SAVE THEM.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

False teaching, all men are naturally dead in sin, and all men naturally are in the flesh and consequently cannot please God, cannot submit to God Rom 8:7-8

God's Truth

False teaching, all men are naturally dead in sin, and all men naturally are in the flesh and consequently cannot please God, cannot submit to God Rom 8:7-8

The Jews atoned for their sins. The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not atone for their sins as God told them to do.

quip

BANNED
Banned
quip,

Why did you quote my post #16 and then comment on something else?

To point out that it's a moot set of questions. Did b57 address it?...no. That's because this thread is just nonsensical ego ramblings.

rstrats

quip,
re: "To point out that it's a moot set of questions."

I don't see how your post does that. Perhaps you could elaborate?

quip

BANNED
Banned
quip,
re: "To point out that it's a moot set of questions."

I don't see how your post does that. Perhaps you could elaborate?

If you think my initial post was wrong then wait for b57 to answer your questions or repost them. Else, if you agree that b57 is full of himself, then you may easily answer those questions yourself.

rstrats

quip,
re: "If you think my initial post was wrong..."

I didn't say what you posted was wrong. I said I didn't see what it had to do with my post that you quoted. I still don't.

quip

BANNED
Banned
quip,
re: "If you think my initial post was wrong..."

I didn't say what you posted was wrong. I said I didn't see what it had to do with my post that you quoted. I still don't.

Just think of it as a springboard to my rant against b57's OP. Think nothing more of it then.

(And please use the quote function...it gives me a notification when you do.)

Arthur Brain

Meh. All are elect (or conversely, all non-elect)....it's the deluded, self-righteous propensity of the human ego to set oneself above others.

As you'll clearly notice the ones championing this notion...have conspicuosly placed themselves into the convenient fold of 'the chosen'. :rolleyes:

Well, you'll never get anyone who believes in a hellish form of suffering to think they're going to such a place. It's always "other people" who are going there or deserve it etc...

Nice, eh?

:rain:

blackbirdking

Does the supreme being have any input into the creation of an individual? And if so, does He know before He creates the individual that He will eventually be casting the individual into the lake of fire? And if so, why do you suppose He goes ahead and creates the individual anyway?

Calvinism, which b57 claims to believe, teaches that "the supreme being" is responsible for the creation of every individual; and not only so, but that He also knows every individual's destiny before the individual is created.

A Calvinist cannot clearly define good and bad; it's all good because "the supreme being" does it.

However, in answer to your final question, Calvinists believe that "the supreme being" creates every individual for his pleasure! They use Scripture to 'prove' it!