Fun with the "I don't believe in God" shtick

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The word, "Allah", sounds better? Than what? To whom? Why? So what?

So what are you talking about?

You’re thread is making fun of, rather “mocking” those who don’t believe. That’s like a ginger bully in sixth grade who’s a loser by the time you get to high school.

Instead, why don’t you give a clear and concise argument on why people who don’t believe should believe?

Do you have anything positive to offer?

If people want comedy they can go to YouTube and watch “epic fails.”

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...why don’t you give a clear and concise argument on why people who don’t believe should believe?

People who don't believe, people who have heard the Good Word and who have chosen to reject it, are worthy of nothing more than mocking

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
So what are you talking about?

Be very specific. I do not know what (if anything) you are referring to.

You’re [sic] thread is making fun of, rather “mocking” those who don’t believe.

Those who don't believe what? Be very specific.

Instead, why don’t you give a clear and concise argument on why people who don’t believe should believe?

People who don't believe/should believe what?

Do you have anything positive to offer?

Yes, advice to you: Either try to deal with what I have been saying in my thread, or kindly take your leave. So far, you've failed to do so. In any case, please stop spamming this thread with emotional outbursts and irrelevant chit chat.

If people want comedy they can go to YouTube and watch “epic fails.”

Sure. If you're that lowbrow, be my guest.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Be very specific. I do not know what (if anything) you are referring to.

Those who don't believe what? Be very specific.

People who don't believe/should believe what?

Yes, advice to you: Either try to deal with what I have been saying in my thread, or kindly take your leave. So far, you've failed to do so. In any case, please stop spamming this thread with emotional outbursts and irrelevant chit chat.

Sure. If you're that lowbrow, be my guest.

Do you live with your parents?

I’m just asking. I need to know. It will help me speak to you.

7djengo7

Sure. Why not? You’re somebody aren’t you?

You just need to speak to somebody?

Very well, then. Feel free to speak to me. But, please, when speaking to me in this thread, try to keep it closely relevant to what I started this thread about.

Otherwise, feel free to start another thread for the purpose of just speaking to me, or to speak to me with private messages. I won't snub you.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You just need to speak to somebody?

Very well, then. Feel free to speak to me. But, please, when speaking to me in this thread, try to keep it closely relevant to what I started this thread about.

Otherwise, feel free to start another thread for the purpose of just speaking to me, or to speak to me with private messages. I won't snub you.

Ok then....what is this thread about? What do you want to talk about? I can talk for about 30 more minutes.

7djengo7

Ok then....what is this thread about? What do you want to talk about? I can talk for about 30 more minutes.

Well, post #33, for instance, is about how someone should probably just read post #1, and then, try to ask very specific questions, and to make very specific criticisms, about what is written in post #1.

(I don't even have 30 minutes. I'm down to 0 for today. Sorry. See you later, Guyver. Maybe tomorrow.)

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Well, post #33, for instance, is about how someone should probably just read post #1, and then, try to ask very specific questions, and to make very specific criticisms, about what is written in post #1.

(I don't even have 30 minutes. I'm down to 0 for today. Sorry. See you later, Guyver. Maybe tomorrow.)

Nice move. Maybe you don’t live with your parents.

chair

Major Premise: [Every tautology] is [true],
Minor Premise: [The tautology, 'Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl , the God Who exists, exists'] is [a tautology],
Therefore,
Conclusion: [The tautology, 'Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl , the God Who exists, exists'] is [true].

Do you see the problem now?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Then what (if anything) are you telling me?

Give me some dots to connect.

What (if anything) are you calling "Allah"?

Betwixt what two claims?

Allah means God in the Islamic tradition. Seems 'God' is a multi-traditional term, Christian's can't rationally claim exclusive use of it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
By the word, 'God', Christians, when we say that God exists, are referring to the eternally-existing, personal Creator of mankind. By the word, 'God', are you referring to the same? (But then, why wouldn't you be, inasmuch as you were, after all, addressing Christians when you said, "I don't believe in God"?)

I think that your definition of God here generally fits what many people, especially Christians would accept.....but the person said he/she doesn't believe in God, so obviously would not accept that definition.

To exist eternally is to exist. Since the eternally-existing, personal Creator of mankind exists eternally, the eternally-existing personal Creator of mankind exists. So, by the word, 'God', Christians are referring to the personal Creator of mankind Who exists. When Christians affirm that God exists, we are affirming a tautologous proposition: '[The personal Creator of mankind Who exists] exists.' That tautology, being a tautology, cannot but be true.

Your logical argument fails because you assume that God exists. That works for people who believe in God, but it won't be working for the person you quoted.

So, if, when you say "I don't believe in God", by the word 'God', you are referring to Whom Christians are referring by the word 'God' when we say "God exists", then you are saying "I don't believe in [the personal Creator of mankind Who exists]".

Yes, that is quite obvious. He means he doesn't believe God exists.

One must flagrantly rebel against rational thinking in order to be able to, keeping a straight face, say one or more of the following, three, bullet-pointed things:

• "I don't believe in [the personal Creator of mankind Who exists]"
  • "I don't believe that [the personal Creator of mankind Who exists] exists"
  • "[The personal Creator of mankind Who exists] does not exist"

One must not flagrantly rebel against logical thinking regarding these points because they are not logical. You have assumed the existence of the thing you're trying to prove.

One of the most idiotic, irrational things anybody could ever do is to try to deny, or even to try to simply refuse to believe, a tautology.

If it has to be believed than it is not a logical necessity to accept it as truth. Therefore, your statement is false.

7djengo7

Major Premise: [Every tautology] is [true],
Minor Premise: [The tautology, 'Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl , the God Who exists, exists'] is [a tautology],
Therefore,
Conclusion: [The tautology, 'Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl , the God Who exists, exists'] is [true].

Do you see the problem now?

I see (and, I confess, I foresaw) the problem you've got, here.

Your problem is that I, for one, do not call any person, place, or thing, "Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl, the God Who exists". Further, I do not believe that you are denoting any person, place, or thing by that phrase. Since I do not believe you mean anything by that phrase, I do not believe that, by what you have written in your brackets (viz., "The tautology, 'Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl , the God Who exists, exists'"), you have expressed a proposition (not even a false one), let alone a tautological one.

You see, propositions are about things: every proposition has a subject. While I don't believe that your phrase, "Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl, the God Who exists", is any subject's name--that is, that you are referring to some subject by means of your phrase--I'm certainly not going to be able to believe that you are affirming a proposition when you say, "The tautology, 'Tlatlauhca-Cinteōtl , the God Who exists, exists'".