Die Now, In Order To Live Later

WeberHome

When people wait to take their chances at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, in all likelihood they will end up like a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

That can be easily avoided by opting to become a joint participant in Christ's crucifixion.

Rom 6:3 . .Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

Rom 6:4 . .We have been buried with him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 . .Knowing this, that our old self was crucified with him

Rom 6:8 . . Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

Col 3:3 . . For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Gal 2:20 . . I am crucified with Christ
_

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
When you try to use Revelations as a basis for proving a point, you may as well say itsybitydippity doo dah.

k0de

You may as well just speak gibberish.
Lol, the entire Bible is all gibberish to those who haven't received the gift of faith.

Revelation 20:11-15 it's loud and clear to those who are baptized into Christ.

WeberHome

When people wait to take their chances at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, in all likelihood they will end up like a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

As stated in post No.1, such a fate can be easily avoided by opting to become a joint participant (a.k.a. joint principal) in Christ's crucifixion.

Rom 6:3 . .Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

FAQ: How?

A: This is accomplished by means of a special, supernatural initiation process.

1Cor 12:13 . . For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

There are two baptisms in Christianity-- one with water, and one with the Spirit. Needless to say; when the chips are down, the Spirit baptism as per 1Cor 12:13 is the only baptism that really matters.

Eph 4:4-5 . .There is one body, one Spirit, and one baptism.

FAQ: Can people obtain this Spirit baptism by means of a church service?

A: Nobody in church can do this; not even the senior pastor. Everyone has to personally contact Jesus Christ on their own for this particular baptism.

John 4:10-14 . . If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you "Give Me a drink" you would have asked him, and He would have given you living water.

. . .She said to him: "Sir, You have nothing to draw with and the well is deep; where then do You get that living water? You are not greater than our father Jacob, are you, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself, and his sons, and his cattle?"

Jesus answered and said to her: "Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

John 7:37-39 . .If any man is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. He who believes in me as the Scripture says; from his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water. But this he spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive.

In John 4:10-14, Jesus instructed the woman to ask of him. In John 7:37-39 he instructed the people to come to him. It's up to each individual to take the initiative to do what says: come to him and ask of him.
_

WeberHome

Re: Die Now, In Order To Live Later

FAQ: Why do you believe that what Paul wrote about participation in Christ's crucifixion applies to you?

A: That's a fair question; and deserves a straight answer.

Most Christians like to think of themselves as reasonable people. But at the same time they must admit that there are supernatural components of Christianity so absurd and so contrary to common sense that it takes a leap of faith to accept them.

A leap of faith can be defined as the act of believing in something without, or in spite of, available empirical evidence.

Christians are fond of using the Bible as empirical evidence to prove that the supernatural components of their religion are true. But that method is unacceptable because quoting the Bible's sayings to prove that the Bible's sayings are true is what's known as circular reasoning, which is tantamount to a judge dismissing all charges against a defendant merely on the basis of him saying he didn't do it.

Anyway, to answer the question: Paul wrote his letters to Christians. Well; I sincerely believe myself a Christian; so, by association, I believe Paul's teachings about joint participation in Christ's crucifixion apply to me as well as the Christians to whom he originally penned his letters.
_

WeberHome

Re: Die Now, In Order To Live Later

FAQ: Just how extensive is this "joint participation" thing you're talking about?

A: Christ's crucifixion was for the purpose of vindicating the justice system of a very legal-minded God.

Isa 53:6 . . All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but The Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.

(From here on in I'll just give the broad strokes without quoting Scripture.)

Well then, if it's true that God caused my iniquity to fall on Jesus' shoulders, then as a joint principal in his crucifixion, I've paid my debts to the law of God, i.e. I've given the law of God its pound of flesh, so to speak. There's a very important upside to this.

Jesus went to the cross for me not just up to the point when I first believed in the purpose of his crucifixion, but from then on too. In other words, my entire life was nailed up there with him from first to last; which is at least one of the reasons why the Bible urges me to reckon myself deceased.

Now, I am not only a joint principal in Christ's crucifixion, but also a joint principal in his burial and his resurrection. So while I am supposed to reckon myself deceased, I'm also supposed to reckon myself resurrected.

That's good because Jesus rose from the dead with immortality. So then, since I am a joint principal in his resurrection, then I'm supposed to reckoned myself immortal, i.e. my immortality is a lock, viz: I can't lose my immortality with any more ease than Jesus can lose his.

Christ also rose from the dead without sin, so then, as a joint principal in his resurrection, I'm supposed to reckon myself risen from the dead without sin.

There's more

Jesus is never again going to face death for iniquity. So then as his joint principal, I too will never again have to face death for iniquity.

What can we conclude from all the above? Well; if all the above is true, then I think it's pretty obvious that we may safely conclude that Jesus' joint principals have heaven in the bag.

It gets better.

Jesus Christ is God's firstborn son; ergo; Jesus is God's primary heir. Incredible as it may seem; joint principals in Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection are also joint heirs with him in God's estate.

A joint heir is much better than off than a simple heir because joint heirs inherit the entire estate as if they were all together one heir.
_