Matthew 26:28

Right Divider

Body part
Are you saying that Matt 26:28 is not a new covenant for me a gentile but is only to Israel? I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what you're saying so forgive me.
The new covenant is between the same two parties as the old covenant: God and Israel.

The body of Christ is something completely different and unrelated to the covenants.

Cntrysner

The "kingdom come" where God's will is done on earth as it is in heaven is not here now.

When God's will is done on earth, it will not be the corrupt mess that you see today.

That prayer was for those that believed in an earthly kingdom but I to can can say it if I believe in a Spiritual kingdom on earth in Christ for all who believe in Him. I am incorruptible in Christ Jesus and set at the right hand of God in His kingdom in Christ. Christ is the embodiment of God's kingdom and is in all that believe in Him on this earth. I in Him and He in me right now. You can't see it because it is a Spiritual kingdom and the glorified Christ is it's head. Maybe you just don't like the word "kingdom" when it refers to His body.

Cntrysner

The new covenant is between the same two parties as the old covenant: God and Israel.

The body of Christ is something completely different and unrelated to the covenants.

How can you say that His body is unrelated to His (God's) covenants. Christ is the fulfillment of the covenants of God. Therefore must be related at least in someway.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
There is no other remission of sins in any part of history other than the blood of Christ. Abraham was saved the same way we are, by faith. He had a little light, Moses had more, the prophets more, we have even more light. Heb 11 is a list of those who believed God's promise of redemption through faith and it was counted to them for righteousness.

It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect. And it was the true covenant of God.

If it had not been heard before how could it possibly have been "in effect"? New means "new" not a refresher...it's new in the sense of performance and none could have its benefits or even understand it because it had not been revealed. It is definitely a new covenant that supersedes all covenants before it.
God will hold to all His covenants but the end result will be the fulfillment of the last covenant for all.

Your perspective is human instead of Divine. The Word of God is His; not ours. Salvation belongs to Him not to us. When the Bible says that Jesus is the lamb slain from before the foundation of the world it is meant that the decision to send Christ into the world to save us from sin was made long before it was necessary; based on His foreknowledge. This is the basis upon which we know that our salvation is secure; because what God says He will do, He will do.

Consider these verses:

1Pe 1:19-20KJV But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Eternal life was made possible by grace, through faith, long before the world was made. This is the one and only true gospel of the kingdom which was preached by Jesus and explained by Paul.
Eph 1:4KJV According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Tit 1:2KJV In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

It is not new in the sense of performance. It is new in the sense that it had been hidden from the view of most and was now being exposed, in God's timing, at the appearance of His Son. Jhn 8:58KJV The word revelation means the unveiling of the truth that has always existed. The truth of redemption had been hidden behind the veil of the temple. God's mercy has always existed.

And yet the gospel was first preached in Gen 3:15KJV to Adam and by the prophets many times. This is how Jesus is able to say; "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Jhn 5:39KJV

Psalm 2:11-12KJV, Proverbs 30:4KJV, Isaiah 9:6-7KJV

Renewal in the biblical sense is not to create something that never existed before. It is the recapturing of that which is, or is in danger of, lapsing into obscurity. Col 3:10KJV, Psa 51:10KJV, Lam 5:21KJV

Cntrysner

There is no other remission of sins in any part of history other than the blood of Christ. Abraham was saved the same way we are, by faith. He had a little light, Moses had more, the prophets more, we have even more light. Heb 11 is a list of those who believed God's promise of redemption through faith and it was counted to them for righteousness.

It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect. And it was the true covenant of God.

Your perspective is human instead of Divine. The Word of God is His; not ours. Salvation belongs to Him not to us. When the Bible says that Jesus is the lamb slain from before the foundation of the world it is meant that the decision to send Christ into the world to save us from sin was made long before it was necessary; based on His foreknowledge. This is the basis upon which we know that our salvation is secure; because what God says He will do, He will do.

Consider these verses:

1Pe 1:19-20KJV But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Eternal life was made possible by grace, through faith, long before the world was made. This is the one and only true gospel of the kingdom which was preached by Jesus and explained by Paul.
Eph 1:4KJV According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Tit 1:2KJV In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

It is not new in the sense of performance. It is new in the sense that it had been hidden from the view of most and was now being exposed, in God's timing, at the appearance of His Son. Jhn 8:58KJV The word revelation means the unveiling of the truth that has always existed. The truth of redemption had been hidden behind the veil of the temple. God's mercy has always existed.

And yet the gospel was first preached in Gen 3:15KJV to Adam and by the prophets many times. This is how Jesus is able to say; "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Jhn 5:39KJV

Psalm 2:11-12KJV, Proverbs 30:4KJV, Isaiah 9:6-7KJV

Renewal in the biblical sense is not to create something that never existed before. It is the recapturing of that which is, or is in danger of, lapsing into obscurity. Col 3:10KJV, Psa 51:10KJV, Lam 5:21KJV

It was "new" as written not a renewal as you say. All before was a shadow of things to come.
You said " Your perspective is human instead of Divine".
I would say my perspective is Spiritual based on the simple words of Christ Jesus and yours so far appear as mystical in a secular sense.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
It was "new" as written not a renewal as you say. All before was a shadow of things to come.
You said " Your perspective is human instead of Divine".
I would say my perspective is Spiritual based on the simple words of Christ Jesus and yours so far appear as mystical in a secular sense.

Ok - so your opinion trumps scripture.
Got it.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
The "kingdom come" where God's will is done on earth as it is in heaven is not here now.

When God's will is done on earth, it will not be the corrupt mess that you see today.

That's a personal opinion that you believe to be true based on subjective reasoning.
God's will is being done on earth. There is good and there is evil. And it is all being dealt with, second by second, according to God's perfect redemptive plan. He uses the evil to heap coals of judgement on the heads of those who participate in evil. And He uses the good to accumulate an exceeding and eternal weight of glory for those who participate in good.

No kingdom on earth is without those two things. When we reach heaven, the evil is left behind and only the good remains.

Right Divider

Body part
That prayer was for those that believed in an earthly kingdom but I to can can say it if I believe in a Spiritual kingdom on earth in Christ for all who believe in Him. I am incorruptible in Christ Jesus and set at the right hand of God in His kingdom in Christ. Christ is the embodiment of God's kingdom and is in all that believe in Him on this earth. I in Him and He in me right now. You can't see it because it is a Spiritual kingdom and the glorified Christ is it's head. Maybe you just don't like the word "kingdom" when it refers to His body.
You're just making things up.

That prayer was given to the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
That will happen when the Lord returns to establish His kingdom on the earth.

Right Divider

Body part
That's a personal opinion that you believe to be true based on subjective reasoning.
God's will is being done on earth. There is good and there is evil. And it is all being dealt with, second by second, according to God's perfect redemptive plan. He uses the evil to heap coals of judgement on the heads of those who participate in evil. And He uses the good to accumulate an exceeding and eternal weight of glory for those who participate in good.

No kingdom on earth is without those two things. When we reach heaven, the evil is left behind and only the good remains.
You believe a fairy take GA.

Please start taking the Bible seriously.

Cntrysner

Ok - so your opinion trumps scripture.
Got it.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

But you said..."It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect" which is obviously wrong according to scripture.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

But you said..."It is new to the world in that it had not been heard before, not because it was not in effect" which is obviously wrong according to scripture.

Thank you for replying coherently and with reasonable arguments.
I thought you were just being flippant like so many others. My apologies.

There are many references to God's plan of redemption by Jesus' blood being in the mind of God before creation. This certifies it as God's one and only over-arching plan. And God is not restricted by time as we are.

As you have pointed out, the first testament, the physical testament of the worldly sanctuary, requiring gifts and washings and animals, etc. were shadows of things to come as noted in Heb 9:9KJV. These things testified, not to a testament to come, but to the true testament already in effect.

It is exactly because the things of the first testament were shadows, visual aids, figures of the true testament, that we know that the true testament of salvation by Christ's blood was God's plan from the beginning. Heb. 9:24KJV

The gospel of the true testament has been preached since creation (Gen 3:15KJV) But it fell, generally, on deaf ears. They could not hear it because of sin. There were exceptions: Abraham, Moses, etc. So when I say it is important to have a Godly, or heavenly, perspective I mean to point out that the good news of grace by faith in Christ was not new to the Godhead; it was new to the world in general.

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you for replying coherently and with reasonable arguments.
I thought you were just being flippant like so many others. My apologies.

There are many references to God's plan of redemption by Jesus' blood being in the mind of God before creation. This certifies it as God's one and only over-arching plan. And God is not restricted by time as we are.

As you have pointed out, the first testament, the physical testament of the worldly sanctuary, requiring gifts and washings and animals, etc. were shadows of things to come as noted in Heb 9:9KJV. These things testified, not to a testament to come, but to the true testament already in effect.

It is exactly because the things of the first testament were shadows, visual aids, figures of the true testament, that we know that the true testament of salvation by Christ's blood was God's plan from the beginning. Heb. 9:24KJV

The gospel of the true testament has been preached since creation (Gen 3:15KJV) But it fell, generally, on deaf ears. They could not hear it because of sin. There were exceptions: Abraham, Moses, etc. So when I say it is important to have a Godly, or heavenly, perspective I mean to point out that the good news of grace by faith in Christ was not new to the Godhead; it was new to the world in general.
GA, you get some things barely right but ignore the details of God's plans. His earthly kingdom will come just like the scripture says that it will.
The body of Christ fulfills another role that you cannot see because of this fairy tale story that you keep pushing.

Do you now understand the replacement of Judas? http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?133262-Matthew-26-28&p=5345397&viewfull=1#post5345397

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
GA, you get some things barely right but ignore the details of God's plans. His earthly kingdom will come just like the scripture says that it will.
The body of Christ fulfills another role that you cannot see because of this fairy tale story that you keep pushing.

Do you now understand the replacement of Judas? http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?133262-Matthew-26-28&p=5345397&viewfull=1#post5345397

Hi RD.

I never misunderstood your position on the replacement of Judas or the Bible's account of it.
We do not disagree on the circumstances of later replacement.

What we were talking about had nothing to do with Judas being replaced or not. You were the one who changed the discussion into that.
We were talking about your insistence on the words of Jesus being exactly fulfilled as spoken; especially with regard to the phrase "the fruit of the vine". Your futurism demands that eating and drinking with the apostles after the resurrection has not taken place. Hence you force yourself to believe that Jesus drank water only with them on those occasions.

Although we did not discuss it, I would imagine you would also believe that Jesus did not eat the same type of food with them as He did at the Passover meal as that would also violate your interpretation.

But when it comes to adhering to the words of Jesus for other purposes, your exegetical approach is quite different. He deliberately addressed specific people; yet you let that slide. My point was that you are not consistent when it comes to rightly dividing the word of truth. I left off that discussion because I knew that a discerning person would be able to see your inconsistent behaviour.

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you for finally answering the question.
No, you did not answer the question about the apostles until now. If you can find, in your replies, where you did and point me to it, I will apologize for not seeing it.

Next question: will this include Judas?

Understood.

So one of the 12 people that Jesus included in this: Luk 22:30KJV is no longer invited to eat with Jesus and one that He did not include in the statement is now invited in his place.

HI GA.

I never misunderstood your position on the replacement of Judas or the Bible's account of it.
We do not disagree on the circumstances of later replacement.
Based on the previous posts of yours, it certainly seemed like you disagree that Judas was properly replaced.

What we were talking about had nothing to do with Judas being replaced or not. You were the one who changed the discussion into that.
See above... YOU were the one that brought Judas into the discussion... not me.

We were talking about your insistence on the words of Jesus being exactly fulfilled as spoken; especially with regard to the phrase "the fruit of the vine". Your futurism demands that eating and drinking with the apostles after the resurrection has not taken place. Hence you force yourself to believe that Jesus drank water only with them on those occasions.
Again, you lie about me and what I was saying. Your "pastism" requires that Jesus drank wine after His resurrection. Scripture says no such thing.... you are using one of your MANY fallacious arguments. Scripture does NOT document Jesus drinking wine after His resurrection, you must ASSUME that He did to support your fairy tale.

Although we did not discuss it, I would imagine you would also believe that Jesus did not eat the same type of food with them as He did at the Passover meal as that would also violate your interpretation.
Rabbit trail...

But when it comes to adhering to the words of Jesus for other purposes, your exegetical approach is quite different. He deliberately addressed specific people; yet you let that slide. My point was that you are not consistent when it comes to rightly dividing the word of truth. I left off that discussion because I knew that a discerning person would be able to see your inconsistent behaviour.
Sorry GA, but you're just plain wrong and that is easy for anyone to see.

Cntrysner

Let me get this straight...there is no difference between a covenant and a testament or is just lost in translation? The question is to all.