Matthew 26:28

Right Divider

Body part
I am not assuming the Kingdom came immediately. It took at least 33 years if you count Jesus' life. Longer if you include the time until the daily sacrifice was taken away by the Roman army.

It is you who assume His point of departure to be this earth; it was heaven, not earth. He went and came back already. He came into this world (far country), died and rose again defeating Satan and death. He then returned to His original place, heaven, and is waiting until the Father decides enough is enough.

And He tells us that His Kingdom does not come by observation. So why are you looking for it?

Yes. He sits on that throne now. It is called the heavenly Jerusalem. The physical Jerusalem is not a fit place for the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.

If you partake of the Lord's Supper you are eating and drinking at His table in His Kingdom.
Your confusion is absolutely immense GA

You "spiritualize" and twist the scripture to your own detriment.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
More misunderstood scripture. Christ said that He would go to receive His kingdom and to return.
Luk 22:18 KJV For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Please notice that Jesus ate and drank as a witness to the apostles that the kingdom had come.

"Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead."
Act 10:41KJV

Right Divider

Body part
Please notice that Jesus ate and drank as a witness to the apostles that the kingdom had come.

"Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead."
Act 10:41KJV
Pay closer attention to scripture and you might have a chance to learn something. The Bible is a book of details!

Mat 26:29 KJV But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

You cannot find an instance of Jesus "drinking of THIS FRUIT OF THE VINE" after His resurrection. He will NOT until the kingdom comes.... just like He said!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Pay closer attention to scripture and you might have a chance to learn something. The Bible is a book of details!

Mat 26:29 KJV But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

You cannot find an instance of Jesus "drinking of THIS FRUIT OF THE VINE" after His resurrection. He will NOT until the kingdom comes.... just like He said!

If I may inquire...

He addresses 12 apostles during this discourse. One of the conditions upon which He will drink of the fruit of the vine is that He will do so with the twelve. He says " with you". In your opinion, will this occur in physical Jerusalem and will the twelve apostles be there to participate?

Right Divider

Body part
If I may inquire...

He addresses 12 apostles during this discourse. One of the conditions upon which He will drink of the fruit of the vine is that He will do so with the twelve. He says " with you". In your opinion, will this occur in physical Jerusalem and will the twelve apostles be there to participate?
Yes He will! If He says He will... He will.

Did you hear about resurrection?

The throne of David is in Jerusalem. Christ will sit on the throne of His father David.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Yes He will! If He says He will... He will.

Did you hear about resurrection?

The throne of David is in Jerusalem. Christ will sit on the throne of His father David.

You didn't answer the question.
Here it is again:

Did you hear about the resurrection? It already happened.

Right Divider

Body part
You didn't answer the question.
Here it is again:

Did you hear about the resurrection? It already happened.
I did answer the question..... why do you lie about that?

No, the 12 have not yet been resurrected.

GA, your fantasy is not scriptural. It is pure fantasy.

Right Divider

Body part
Then when will Jesus eat and drink in the kingdom with the apostles as He said He would?
When He returns to establish His kingdom.

Luk 1:31-33 KJV And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Quit believing those fairy tales and believe the Bible instead.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And all Nations. "...Therefore go andc make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit..." (Matthew 28:19).
In case this wasn't already addressed, there's more to that passage than just that one verse.

Here's the rest:

[JESUS]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[/JESUS] - Matthew 28:19-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:19-20&version=NKJV

Old covenant: law and Israel
New covenant: law and Israel

Edit: Oh, and this is in the context of Jesus saying:

But He answered and said, [JESUS]“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”[/JESUS] - Matthew 15:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew15:24&version=NKJV

Right Divider

Body part
In case this wasn't already addressed, there's more to that passage than just that one verse.

Here's the rest:

[JESUS]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[/JESUS] - Matthew 28:19-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:19-20&version=NKJV

Old covenant: law and Israel
New covenant: law and Israel
Those folks that push the "great commission" always, without fail, cherry pick those verses that they want and ignore the rest.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
When He returns to establish His kingdom.

Luk 1:31-33 KJV And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Quit believing those fairy tales and believe the Bible instead.

OK - so let me get this straight.

The apostles will be resurrected and will be in Jerusalem in Israel and they will eat and drink with Jesus.
Is this correct?

Right Divider

Body part
OK - so let me get this straight.

The apostles will be resurrected and will be in Jerusalem in Israel and they will eat and drink with Jesus.
Is this correct?
Seriously GA?

Why are you having such trouble with such simple things?

The throne of David is the throne of the king of the nation of Israel. Simple

Jesus will sit on the throne of His father David. Simple.

Believing it... apparently hard for you.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Seriously GA?

Why are you having such trouble with such simple things?

The throne of David is the throne of the king of the nation of Israel. Simple

Jesus will sit on the throne of His father David. Simple.

Believing it... apparently hard for you.

I do not have trouble believing it at all RD. The question I have is not about Jesus and His reign. Both of us believe Jesus will reign. We disagree only on the timing and location.

The question I have is about the apostles. I keep asking you the same question and you make it about something else.
In order for Jesus' statement about eating and drinking with the apostles in the kingdom to be true, is it necessary, according to your belief, for the apostles to be resurrected and placed in the physical Jerusalem for this to happen?

It's a simple question. Why are you afraid to answer it?

Right Divider

Body part
I do not have trouble believing it at all RD. The question I have is not about Jesus and His reign. Both of us believe Jesus will reign. We disagree only on the timing and location.

The question I have is about the apostles. I keep asking you the same question and you make it about something else.
In order for Jesus' statement about eating and drinking with the apostles in the kingdom to be true, is it necessary, according to your belief, for the apostles to be resurrected and placed in the physical Jerusalem for this to happen?

It's a simple question. Why are you afraid to answer it?
Quit lying about me.

I already said YES, they will be resurrected to fulfill that... resurrected like their Lord.

The twelve will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel... so simple.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Quit lying about me.

I already said YES, they will be resurrected to fulfill that... resurrected like their Lord.

The twelve will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel... so simple.

Thank you for finally answering the question.
No, you did not answer the question about the apostles until now. If you can find, in your replies, where you did and point me to it, I will apologize for not seeing it.

Next question: will this include Judas?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thank you for finally answering the question.
No, you did not answer the question about the apostles until now. If you can find, in your replies, where you did and point me to it, I will apologize for not seeing it.

Next question: will this include Judas?
No, but it WILL include Matthias.