God hated Esau !

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Beloved57, are you familiar with the verse James 1:27? It claims that there is such a thing as pure and undefined religion. So, what you said above doesn’t apply to those practitioners. Like the first two humans ever naturally born on the planet - according to the book of Genesis - one was evil, one was good. There are good religious people and bad religious people.

In any event, I’d like to hear you answer to the question I posed above. How is it possible to hate someone you’ve never met?

beloved57

Beloved57, are you familiar with the verse James 1:27? It claims that there is such a thing as pure and undefined religion. So, what you said above doesn’t apply to those practitioners. Like the first two humans ever naturally born on the planet - according to the book of Genesis - one was evil, one was good. There are good religious people and bad religious people.

In any event, I’d like to hear you answer to the question I posed above. How is it possible to hate someone you’ve never met?
Not interested

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not interested

I guess you're not interested in this either...
So you think God contradicted Himself when he said we should really hate our family if we want to love God, in direct contradiction to God commanding us to honor our parents.

Do you also think that when someone says "let's hit the road," they mean to grab a sledgehammer and start pounding the road with it?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Not interested

I’m not surprised. It doesn’t seem anyone else does either. Well, I’ll just clear it up then. It is false to claim that men hate God. Men may hate religion, they may hate the idea of God presented in the Bible, but they don’t hate God because they’ve never met him.

ioy1273

BANNED
Banned
Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

And even though here esau is an individual I believe hes representative of all individuals outside the purpose of God according to election Vs11. This hatered equates to being rejected of God

Now why did God hate esau ? The scripture doesn't say, but it wasn't because he was a sinner or a depraved person.

I know this because Paul had wrote:

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

So Gods hatred and rejection of esau wasn't for any foreseen evil he would do, in fact the hatred was formed for him before he existed [not yet born]

Gods hatred for him and all outside of gracious election, is simply His own Sovereign will from within Himself.
Have you ever read this scripture
in the book of Revelation?

Revelation 3:5
He that overcometh,
the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father,
and before his angels.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I have given you sufficient scripture.

I agree: you gave us sufficient scripture against which, by way of contrast, we are easily able to see, bright and clear, just how dismally, and how necessarily, you have failed in your anti-Scriptural claim. Romans 9 kills your false doctrine. Thank you, sir. :)

beloved57

I agree: you gave us sufficient scripture against which, by way of contrast, we are easily able to see, bright and clear, just how dismally, and how necessarily, you have failed in your anti-Scriptural claim. Romans 9 kills your false doctrine. Thank you, sir. :)

We will see in the day of Judgment who teaches false doctrine.:cigar:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
"Seen" vs. "hate." Reconcile the scriptures, please.

If people met God they wouldn’t hate him. That is my point. It has to do with the false claim that men hate God because their deeds are evil. There are righteous people and unrighteousness people who live here Lon. There are good people and bad people.

We are all fumbling around down here on this rock, trying to make sense out of things. None of us really know for sure what we are talking about, but we all think we do. The notion of God hating is rooted in the notion of opposites. For night, there is day, for good, there is bad. People believe that God loves some and hates others because people love some and hate others.

The ultimate irony is that in such thinking people have created a god in their own image.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If people met God they wouldn’t hate him. That is my point. It has to do with the false claim that men hate God because their deeds are evil. There are righteous people and unrighteousness people who live here Lon. There are good people and bad people.

We are all fumbling around down here on this rock, trying to make sense out of things. None of us really know for sure what we are talking about, but we all think we do. The notion of God hating is rooted in the notion of opposites. For night, there is day, for good, there is bad. People believe that God loves some and hates others because people love some and hate others.

The ultimate irony is that in such thinking people have created a god in their own image.
Is man basically good or basically evil?

ttruscott

If people met God they wouldn’t hate him. That is my point.

In light of Rom 1:20 we see that people have no excuse for hating HIM because they HAVE CLEARLY SEEN HIS POWER AND DIVINITY yet the rest of the chapter repeats over and over that people repress the truth they know about HIM for the lie that allows them to sin because they love their sin more than the truth.

When these folk meet HIM face to face it will be the at the Great White Throne and they will hate HIM as HE judges them.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
In light of Rom 1:20 we see that people have no excuse for hating HIM because they HAVE CLEARLY SEEN HIS POWER AND DIVINITY yet the rest of the chapter repeats over and over that people repress the truth they know about HIM for the lie that allows them to sin because they love their sin more than the truth.

When these folk meet HIM face to face it will be the at the Great White Throne and they will hate HIM as HE judges them.

I disagree with you, but thank you for your response.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
We will see in the day of Judgment who teaches false doctrine.:cigar:

At least you are admitting (what I already know) that you do not know, here and now, in this life, that you aren't teaching false doctrine. I, and others, because of the light of Scripture, already see--know--right now, in our earthly abode, the truth that what you are teaching is false doctrine. Since you claim you have to wait until "the day of Judgment" to learn whether or not your doctrine is false, you are admitting the truth that you have not learned your doctrine from the Bible.

Also, it's interesting how you puff yourself and smile at the idea of people who aren't you being, at some future time, cast into endless, fiery torment.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
And what standard do you use to determine "good" versus "evil"?

The faulty standard of subjective opinion.....what else is there? I understand "evil" as the intentional cause of harm or suffering to another living being.

How do you define evil?