THE APOSTLES DID NOT PREACH THE SAME GOSPEL

God's Truth

Is this really how you do doctrine?

It's the same faith but not the same gospel message. Jesus Himself didn't preach the same gospel that the Twelve preached after Pentecost.

There is only one gospel.

Galatians 1:6-8 Only One Gospel

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Paul isn't a hypocrite who curses himself.

He isn't going to preach another gospel and then say "no other gospel", and if HE or anyone teaches another, let them be accursed.

The gospel is the GOOD NEWS and there is no other good news than that of Jesus Christ.

Jesus taught the one and only gospel, he taught it while he had his earthly ministry, and then he shed his blood and died for it.

When Paul taught the same gospel that he used to try to destroy, the Jews did not trust him. The Jews thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus just so Paul could drag them off to prison and have them killed.

Read here how Paul tells Jesus how the Jews don't trust him; then, Jesus sends him far away:

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21 Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

In fact, He specifically told His disciples to keep their mouths shut concerning anything He had told them about His death and resurrection.
Not that He would have really needed to because they didn't believe it anyway!

Even Jesus' enemies knew he was going to die and rise again.

Mark 9:31 because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise."

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 27:63
"Sir," they said, "we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said 'After three days I will rise again.'

Mark 10:34
who will mock Him and spit on Him and flog Him and kill Him. And after three days He will rise again."

And Paul's gospel is so radically different that if not for the book of Acts, no one would believe that he was anything other than the lunatic leader of some cult that splintered off from first century Christianity.

Having said that, it really isn't an entirely different gospel. It's still the same God with the same Son Who created us and Who loves us and wants to save us if only we put our faith in Him. It's the details that have changed. Before, in addition to loving God, you basically had to become a Jew and obey the Law of Moses, get circumcised, avoid unclean foods, observed the Sabbaths, tithe, etc, etc. Now, you still believe in the same God but now it's God Who has fulfilled the Law for you, who has been cut off (i.e. circumcised) for you and so now, if you become circumcized Christ will profit you nothing. No one, not a single person anywhere in the bible ever taught such a thing until Paul, who not only taught that we are not to place ourselves under the law but taught that Jesus nailed the law to the cross and called that message "my gospel".

Lastly, why Paul in the first place? If Paul was preaching the same thing as the Twelve, where's the need for Paul? Why, after Paul came to explain his gospel to the Twelve did the Twelve agree to stay in Jerusalem and minister to those of the circumcison (Israel) only, while Paul went to the nations with the gospel of uncircumcision? How is such an agreement possible, if your doctrine is correct and they were all preaching the same gospel?

Clete

Paul was chosen so that others who were sinners as bad as he was could know they too can be saved.

The Lord’s Grace to Paul

Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Just read what Paul says why HE WAS SAVED.

It further proves there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL THAT SAVES.

Paul was saved by the one and only gospel, and it is the same that Jesus preached on earth---what Jesus came into the WORLD TO PREACH FOR ALL.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There is only one gospel.

Galatians 1:6-8 Only One Gospel

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Paul isn't a hypocrite who curses himself.

He isn't going to preach another gospel and then say "no other gospel", and if HE or anyone teaches another, let them be accursed.

The gospel is the GOOD NEWS and there is no other good news than that of Jesus Christ.
Are you intentionally twisting this upside down? You have to be!

Someone was preaching something other than what Paul was preaching. His point here is that you shouldn't listen to anyone's gospel other than his.

I mean that is the plainly obvious point that Paul is making. I won't even bother responding to anything you say to the contrary. It's too stupid to be worth my time and tantamount to an outright lie anyway.

Jesus taught the one and only gospel, he taught it while he had his earthly ministry, and then he shed his blood and died for it.
Saying it doesn't make it so, GT!

Jesus told His disciples to keep their mouths shut about Him being the Christ and anything He ever told them about His death and resurrection. Not only that but they didn't believe it anyway!

When Jesus was specifically asked how to attain eternal life, He answered by saying to follow the law and when asked which laws, He started listing the Ten Commandments.

Jesus is never recorded having uttered the word "grace" one single time during His earthly ministry.

No, quite the contrary, Jesus was born under the Law, obeyed the Law and taught others to repent and do the same and when the disciples understood that He was the Messiah, He told them not to tell anyone!
Luke 9:18 And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, “Who do the crowds say that I am?”

19 So they answered and said, “John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again.”

20 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.”

21 And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one,...​

Doesn't sound like the same gospel message to me!

Further, the bible tells us explicitly that Paul's message was a different gospel...
Galatians 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel of the circumcised was to Peter​

When Paul taught the same gospel that he used to try to destroy, the Jews did not trust him. The Jews thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus just so Paul could drag them off to prison and have them killed.

Read here how Paul tells Jesus how the Jews don't trust him; then, Jesus sends him far away:

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21 Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”
It's true that the Jews didn't trust him but the "taught the same gospel" part of this statement is your doctrine being read into the text.

Even Jesus' enemies knew he was going to die and rise again.

Mark 9:31 because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise."

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 27:63
"Sir," they said, "we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said 'After three days I will rise again.'

Mark 10:34
who will mock Him and spit on Him and flog Him and kill Him. And after three days He will rise again."

This is how you end up on people's ignore list, GT! You're dishonest, even with the handling of God's truth!

Here are the verses that IMMEDIATELY follow three of the verses you just cited to "prove" the exact opposite of the truth...
Mark 9:32 But they did not understand this saying, and were afraid to ask Him.

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Matthew 27:64 Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come]by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, ‘He has risen from the dead.’ So the last deception will be worse than the first.”​

Paul was chosen so that others who were sinners as bad as he was could know they too can be saved.

The Lord’s Grace to Paul

Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Just read what Paul says why HE WAS SAVED.

It further proves there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL THAT SAVES.

Paul was saved by the one and only gospel, and it is the same that Jesus preached on earth---what Jesus came into the WORLD TO PREACH FOR ALL.
This is unbelievable. You take what is clear proof that Paul's gospel was different as proof that it was the same. How is anyone supposed to respond to that?

I mean, not only is Paul supernatural conversion proof that something had changed but in addition to that, you ignore the whole body of Paul's writings where he repeatedly calls the gospel "my gospel' and adamantly separates himself from the Twelve and insists the he was not given his gospel by man nor was he taught it and is even told by God Himself to go to Jerusalem and explain his gospel to the Twelve, none of which added anything to him (Paul) and after which they (the Twelve) decided to forgo the great commission and to stay in Jerusalem to minister the "Gospel of Circumicision" only to the Circumcision while Paul took the "Gospel of Uncircumcision" to everyone else.

And that's just Paul's writings you ignore. There's the whole rest of the New Testament that you ignore as well! Who is it that Peter, James and John write their epistles too? How many foundations will the walls of the New Jerusalem have and who's names will be written on them?

You're simply blind. Worse than that, you have your eyes shut - tightly. The simple fact is that Paul's message isn't just different, it's radically different and if not for the book of Acts, no one would believe a word Paul says. He'd have been dismissed as a heretic so long ago that history itself would have forget he existed and you would have never head of him.

Clete

Prediction: GT will ignore pretty much every point of this post and will respond by simply repeating himself.

Wick Stick

It doesn't, does it? I think that's because the modern church has twisted Paul quite a bit and taken him to say things that weren't his intended meaning at all.

Further, the bible tells us explicitly that Paul's message was a different gospel...
Galatians 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel of the circumcised was to Peter​
The second use of "the gospel" in this verse are words supplied by the translator. There aren't actually 2 gospels in this verse.

Jarrod

God's Truth

Are you intentionally twisting this upside down? You have to be!

Never ever would I do such a thing.

Someone was preaching something other than what Paul was preaching. His point here is that you shouldn't listen to anyone's gospel other than his.
Paul says if even he preached another gospel.

I mean that is the plainly obvious point that Paul is making. I won't even bother responding to anything you say to the contrary. It's too stupid to be worth my time and tantamount to an outright lie anyway.
No other gospel.

Saying it doesn't make it so, GT!
I go by what God says.
God didn't beg us since the beginning of time and then throw His words away.

Jesus told His disciples to keep their mouths shut about Him being the Christ and anything He ever told them about His death and resurrection. Not only that but they didn't believe it anyway!
I can hardly believe you say that after all the scriptures I gave where Jesus says he has to die and rise again.

When Jesus was specifically asked how to attain eternal life, He answered by saying to follow the law and when asked which laws, He started listing the Ten Commandments.
How are you going to love God and your neighbor if you murder them?

Jesus is never recorded having uttered the word "grace" one single time during His earthly ministry.
Are you kidding? Jesus coming is grace.

No, quite the contrary, Jesus was born under the Law, obeyed the Law and taught others to repent and do the same and when the disciples understood that He was the Messiah, He told them not to tell anyone!
Luke 9:18 And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, “Who do the crowds say that I am?”​

Jesus is the Spirit. The law is Spirit.

19 So they answered and said, “John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again.”

20 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.”

21 And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one,...

Not always because there is a right time and wrong time.

It sure does to me...have faith and believe in Jesus.

Paul taught to the circumcised.

It's true that the Jews didn't trust him but the "taught the same gospel" part of this statement is your doctrine being read into the text.
I gave you scripture where Paul says he is the minister of the new covenant. There is only one new covenant.

This is how you end up on people's ignore list, GT! You're dishonest, even with the handling of God's truth!
I am probably the most honest person anyone will ever meet.

Here are the verses that IMMEDIATELY follow three of the verses you just cited to "prove" the exact opposite of the truth...
No way is Jesus going to come to earth and teach something for a few and then tell Paul something else to teach.

I have no idea what you think you have disproved. Jesus came and taught the new covenant and then died for it.

This is unbelievable. You take what is clear proof that Paul's gospel was different as proof that it was the same. How is anyone supposed to respond to that?
Jesus' words are true and for everyone.
He came to die for the one and only way to the Father.

I mean, not only is Paul supernatural conversion proof that something had changed but in addition to that, you ignore the whole body of Paul's writings where he repeatedly calls the gospel "my gospel'
Paul also calls it our gospel and God's gospel and Jesus' gospel. I call it my gospel because I preach it and live by it.

Did you know that the old law was give to Moses by God and that it was still called Moses' just because Moses preached it?

and adamantly separates himself from the Twelve and insists the he was not given his gospel by man nor was he taught it and is even told by God Himself to go to Jerusalem and explain his gospel to the Twelve, none of which added anything to him (Paul) and after which they (the Twelve) decided to forgo the great commission and to stay in Jerusalem to minister the "Gospel of Circumicision" only to the Circumcision while Paul took the "Gospel of Uncircumcision" to everyone else.
He doesn't separate himself from them; he explains that they didn't teach him what to preach---he explains that they did not teach him the one and only gospel, because JESUS HIMSELF DID.

And that's just Paul's writings you ignore. There's the whole rest of the New Testament that you ignore as well! Who is it that Peter, James and John write their epistles too? How many foundations will the walls of the New Jerusalem have and who's names will be written on them?
Same gospel to different people. Are you Timothy or Titus?! No.
You're simply blind. Worse than that, you have your eyes shut - tightly. The simple fact is that Paul's message isn't just different, it's radically different and if not for the book of Acts, no one would believe a word Paul says. He'd have been dismissed as a heretic so long ago that history itself would have forget he existed and you would have never head of him.

Clete

Prediction: GT will ignore pretty much every point of this post and will respond by simply repeating himself.

I ignore nothing.

Right Divider

Body part
It doesn't, does it? I think that's because the modern church has twisted Paul quite a bit and taken him to say things that weren't his intended meaning at all.
The "modern church" is preaching that "it's all the same gospel".

You're just like GT, claiming that things are the opposite of what they really are.

God's Truth

This is what Paul says:

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

So according to those who say Paul taught another gospel than that of Peter and the other apostles, you are claiming that if Peter or one of the other apostles preached to someone Paul already taught, then they would be accursed?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Here is another conundrum for those who say Paul taught another gospel:

Theoretically...

Paul, ":I am teaching you another gospel, but if I teach another one than this, then cursed be me."

People listening: "But Paul, you are teaching another gospel now."

Paul, "This other one is good but no other one."

Now does that make sense to anyone, really?

Wick Stick

The terms "modern church" and "T.V. preachers" are not synonymous with each other and even T.V. preachers think that there's only one New Testament gospel.
Well, at least they've got one thing right, then. I'll have to take your word for it, as I haven't looked at a TV preacher in about 30 years.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Well, at least they've got one thing right, then.
What are you doing here?

Is this what passes in your idiot brain as debating?

I'll have to take your word for it, as I haven't looked at a TV preacher in about 30 years.
Then on what basis are you declaring that the modern church isn't preaching but are just a bunch of motivational speakers, life coaches, and performance choirs?

Is it that you think that everything you say is correct by virtue of the fact that it passed your lips?

Wick Stick

What are you doing here?
Killing time in a way that's intellectually engaging.

Is this what passes in your idiot brain as debating?
Are we already doing insults and personal attacks? I usually like to get to at least the 3rd date before we go there. If you're going to be a prickly pettifogger anyway, could you at least be witty while doing it? yawn...

Then on what basis are you declaring that the modern church isn't preaching but are just a bunch of motivational speakers, life coaches, and performance choirs?
Experience.

Is it that you think that everything you say is correct by virtue of the fact that it passed your lips?
This is the second time you've said this. You must think it's compelling.

It isn't.

bibleverse2

JudgeRightly said in post #294:

. . . the gospel given to Peter, James, and John and the rest of the Twelve was ALL ABOUT KEEPING THE LAW, as Jesus said "keep My commandments."

Note that Jesus' commandments were not those of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (John 1:17).

For Jesus Christ shows in the Sermon on the Mount how His New Covenant, Christian commandments are even stricter than the letter of the commandments of the Old Covenant Mosaic law. For the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law forbade murder (Matthew 5:21, Exodus 20:13), while Jesus' New Covenant law forbids even calling people names (Matthew 5:22). And the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law forbade adultery (Matthew 5:27, Exodus 20:14), while Jesus' New Covenant law forbids even looking at another woman with lust (Matthew 5:28). And the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law permitted divorce and remarriage (Matthew 5:31, Deuteronomy 24:1-2), while Jesus' New Covenant law forbids it (Matthew 5:32, Mark 10:11-12, Luke 16:18), except for a single exemption granted only to husbands who discover that their newlywed wife is not a virgin, but had committed fornication (Matthew 19:9).

Jesus Christ also shows in the Sermon on the Mount that while His New Covenant, Christian law is stricter than the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, at the same time it is also more merciful. For the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law required taking an eye for an eye (Matthew 5:38, Deuteronomy 19:21), while Jesus' New Covenant law requires turning the other cheek (Matthew 5:39). And the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law required hatred for one's enemies (Matthew 5:43, Deuteronomy 23:6), while Jesus' New Covenant law requires love for one's enemies (Matthew 5:44). And the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, the ministration of death (2 Corinthians 3:7), required, for example, that adulterers be put to death (Leviticus 20:10), while Jesus showed mercy to the woman caught in adultery (John 8:4-11). And, for another example, the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law required that anyone who does any work on the sabbath is to be put to death (Exodus 31:14, Numbers 15:32-36), while Jesus allowed His disciples to work on the sabbath, and said that they were guiltless (Matthew 12:1-8), just as Jesus Himself worked on the sabbath (John 5:17-18).

So in obeying Jesus Christ's New Covenant commandments (Matthew 5:19 to 7:29, John 14:15; 1 Corinthians 14:37), Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, are both more merciful and loving, and also exceed in righteousness, those who mistakenly try to keep the abolished letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Matthew 5:20-48, Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17, Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18, Hebrews 7:18-19).

JudgeRightly said in post #294:

Why originally send 12 people into the world, and then later they go nowhere but stay mostly in Jerusalem and Israel as a whole, but send one person out to the whole world?

Note that Jesus does not force people to obey His commandments, and Paul had helpers (e.g. Romans 16:3).

Also, the 12 did go out into the world. For example, tradition says that Andrew made it all the way to India, and Peter reached Babylon (1 Peter 5:13).

bibleverse2

Right Divider said in post #296:

There are many "gospels" in scripture.

Note that there is only one, for:

Galatians 1:6  ¶I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The 12 were not accursed because they taught the same gospel of grace that Paul did. For:

1 Peter 5:12b  . . . this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Note that there is only one, for:

Galatians 1:6 ¶I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The 12 were not accursed because they taught the same gospel of grace that Paul did. For:

1 Peter 5:12b . . . this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

Why do you underline the text in verse 7 and not the text in verse 6?

In other words, you've not made an argument here. See - watch...

Galatians 1:6 ¶I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There! I proved that there's more than one gospel BY YOUR OWN STANDARD!!!

Convinced?

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

The mystery of the gospel was revealed first to Paul.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul and the twelve Apostles preached Christ. Paul preached Christ according to the mystery and the scriptures of the prophets. The twelve did not preach Christ according to the mystery.

Paul claims the gospel as being "my gospel", which distinguishes it from all others. Paul states his gospel was according to the mystery. The mystery was kept secret until revealed to Paul, which means the twelve Apostles could not have known it.

Paul's gospel is now made manifest.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles.

3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

God clearly states that there are dispensations. We are in the dispensation of the grace of God. Gentiles can now be saved freely, along with Jews, without the law and covenants. Gentiles no longer are seperated from Israel. Gentiles no longer have to come to God through Israel.

3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Jesus revealed the mystery to Paul.

3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The church, the body of Christ was revealed first to Paul.

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The mystery was hid even from the twelve disciples, but was made manifest to us by Paul.

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Paul's gospel includes the death, burial, and the resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). The twelve Apostles had no understanding of any of this according to Luke 18:34, even when Jesus told them of his death and resurrection in Luke 18:33 and in fact, it was hid from them. The twelve Apostles could not have been preaching the same gospel as Paul.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Jesus was preaching the gospel of the promised Davidic kingdom (Luke 1:32).

Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

The twelve Apostles were not preaching the same gospel as Paul, but rather the gospel of the kingdom, which Paul never preached.

It is imperative to believe the gospel that was given to us and be justified unto eternal life.

The gospel has been progressively revealed throughout scripture. Those that believed the gospel revealed in their dispensations, believed God, and were justified unto eternal life (Romans 4:3). If you only believe that the kingdom is at hand (Mark 1:15), as preached by the twelve, you are lost. If you only believe in the name of Jesus, as preached by the twelve, that he is the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31), you are lost. If you only believe you should repent and be baptized (Acts 2:38), as preached by the twelve, you are lost. If you only believe the gospels of the twelve Apostles you are lost.

The gospel given us in this dispensation is only found in the epistles of Paul; examples being Romans 3:19-26 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

You are correct Paul and the 12 Apostles did not preach the same gospel, and Paul's view on this was,

Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal_1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

God's Truth

You are correct Paul and the 12 Apostles did not preach the same gospel, and Paul's view on this was,

Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal_1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Paul is not a hypocrite who curses himself.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
Paul is not a hypocrite who curses himself.

Yet Paul caused Timothy to fall from grace, caused Christ to be no profit for Timothy and made Timothy a debtor to the whole law.

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Act 16:3 Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.

God's Truth

Yet Paul caused Timothy to fall from grace, caused Christ to be no profit for Timothy and made Timothy a debtor to the whole law.

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Act 16:3 Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.

Timothy was circumcised because he knew the ignorant Jews wouldn't let him around them.

You can't see the difference between someone believing circumcision is what God stills wants from a person who just does it to help Paul?