The Offence of the Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

betsy

The sheep is a disciple (follower) of Christ.
    Not when they are a lost sheep !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

The Gospel Truth of Election, that God has Chosen a People, a specific people, that Christ would come into the world and put away their sins. People want to make this a matter to contend. Election is God Glorifying and is necessary to preach the Christ and God Glorifying Gospel !

This Precious doctrine certifies the fact that Christ came to save a specific people Matt 1:21, a people given Him by the Father Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Thats very specific " as many as the Father gave Him to save" thats the Elect, those Chosen in Him by the Father before the foundation Eph1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
      Last edited by beloved57; June 8th, 2019, 11:43 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Gods Grace to sinners is revealed in the Gospel of Election or the Gospel of the Grace of God Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

The Grace of God reveals, makes known that their is a remnant according to the Election of Grace Rom 11:5

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

The same again in Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Folks there's no Gospel of Gods Grace when particular sovereign election of a remnant is neglected Its a small remnant according to the election of grace !

This is an offence of the cross !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Another offence of the Cross is the fact that Christ in His Life and death completed and effected Salvation for the Elect, the Sheep that He died for

The Sheep that God gave to Christ Jn 10:27-29

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Theyre the same one Christ refers to here as been given to Him n 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And He by His work completed, effected Salvation and Eternal Life for them

Its not something contingent on their part, but finished by Christ Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

He brought in everlasting righteousness for the Elect Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

beloved57

The Gospel Truth of Election, that God has Chosen a People, a specific people, that Christ would come into the world and put away their sins. People want to make this a matter to contend. Election is God Glorifying and is necessary to preach the Christ and God Glorifying Gospel !
            Gods Grace to sinners is revealed in the Gospel of Election or the Gospel of the Grace of God Acts 20:24
            Another offence of the Cross is the fact that Christ in His Life and death completed and effected Salvation for the Elect, the Sheep that He died for

Amen to #17, #18 and #19 !

Those who are immersed in man's false religion, find it offensive to declare that the Cross of Christ and the Saving Power of His Blood was not for all mankind without exception; but that it was exclusively for a remnant of mankind according to the Election of Grace Rom. 9:11; 11:5: He finished the transgressions of His People Dan. 9:24 that were laid on Him Is. 53:6; Ps. 103:12 and made an end to sins, and accomplished for them Everlasting Righteousness !

The same ones deny the Gospel Truths of the Grace of God,
            explained in the acronym TULIP:

Total depravity and inability spiritually of the natural man

Unconditional Election of Grace of only a remnant out of mankind

Limited and particular atonement of only some out of mankind

Irresistible Grace or Effectual Call of only some out of all mankind

Preservation or perseverance of the Saints to the end by God's Power and Grace

These scripture Truths accurately define the method of God's Saving Grace in Christ Jesus and therefore thoroughly present the Gospel of God's Grace.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

So by His Cross, Christ brought in Everlasting Righteousness for His Sheep / God's Elect and reconciled them to God Rom. 5:10, and Saved them while being His enemies and unbelievers; even while rejecting God and despising the Cross of Christ.

Now if any are in disbelief of any of these Doctrinal Truths founded upon the Word of God, it's proof they remain in unbelief and apostacy !

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Comment

Nanja

The same ones deny the Gospel Truths of the Grace of God,
              explained in the acronym TULIP:

Total depravity and inability spiritually of the natural man

Unconditional Election of Grace of only a remnant out of mankind

Limited and particular atonement of only some out of mankind

Irresistible Grace or Effectual Call of only some out of all mankind

Preservation or perseverance of the Saints to the end by God's Power and Grace

These scripture Truths accurately define the method of God's Saving Grace in Christ Jesus and therefore thoroughly present the Gospel of God's Grace.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
              Exactly right Sister Amen !

Now if any are in disbelief of any of these Doctrinal Truths founded upon the Word of God, it's proof they remain in unbelief and apostacy !

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
              Amen again !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                Nanja

Exactly right Sister Amen !

Amen again !

TY Brother x 2 !

Comment

One writer wrote and I quote:

The truths of God's election of a people and Christ's effectual, definite, redeeming work on their behalf are Gospel issues that are vital to the salvation of sinners.
                  https://www.rofgrace.com/election_an...lar_redemption

But yet these truths arent today considered vital gospel truths, and they have become an offence, mostly they are cast off in derision as calvinism. When these truths of the gospel are faithfully preached to the Glory of God, men say, oh thats just calvinism.

The writer goes on to state:

God's grace revealed (1) in election and (2) in Christ's effectual, definite redeeming work, as He by Himself accomplished salvation for God's elect, are both necessary for the plain, simple preaching of God's Gospel. These doctrines are vital components of true salvation knowledge of the Gospel, not things to be added later only for the mature Christian.These truths are necessary to the doctrines that reveal how God can be just and justify the ungodly. They identify the Christ whom God the Father sent to save a people. They distinguish the true Christ from all counterfeits. They remove all grounds of boasting on the sinner's part.
                  I could not have said it better than this.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

One writer wrote and I quote:

https://www.rofgrace.com/election_an...lar_redemption

But yet these truths arent today considered vital gospel truths, and they have become an offence, mostly they are cast off in derision as calvinism. When these truths of the gospel are faithfully preached to the Glory of God, men say, oh thats just calvinism.

The writer goes on to state:

God's grace revealed (1) in election and (2) in Christ's effectual, definite redeeming work, as He by Himself accomplished salvation for God's elect, are both necessary for the plain, simple preaching of God's Gospel. These doctrines are vital components of true salvation knowledge of the Gospel, not things to be added later only for the mature Christian.These truths are necessary to the doctrines that reveal how God can be just and justify the ungodly. They identify the Christ whom God the Father sent to save a people. They distinguish the true Christ from all counterfeits. They remove all grounds of boasting on the sinner's part.

I could not have said it better than this.
                    Amen Brother, neither could I.

Also, excellent article on Election and Particular Redemption .

Comment

Originally posted by Nanja View Post
                      Amen Brother, neither could I.

Also, excellent article on Election and Particular Redemption .
                      Bless you Sister for your fellowship in the truth !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Bless you Sister for your fellowship in the truth !
                        Bless you too Brother, God knows how much I appreciate yours also !

Comment

Working...
                        X