What did Christ say about the Law?

k0de

I disagree. I will continue to follow the Words of Jesus. Whose words do you follow?
Galatians 1: 10. Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Remember this also?

Galatians 1: 11. I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.

12. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

13. For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it.

And read the entire Galatians 1 again. And you will praise God because of Paul.

Bradley D

So what did Jesus say about the Law of God? Jesus declared to His very disciples, 'I have kept My Fathers commandments and abide in His love.' John 15:10.
So did He substantiate that God has a divine Law?

Jesus declared that God does have a divine Law by which He governs all things. Jesus declared that God's commandments are established on a principle of love. Law-keeping may degenerate to legalism and a salvation by works kind of religion but this was not and is not God's intention. He wants us to love Him and our fellow man, and on this hangs the law and Gods prophets.

The law/commandments are to make us aware of sin. No one can keep the law perfectly. However the priests and pharisees thought they could, thus the conflict they had with Jesus.

k0de

"in" Greek "en": in, on, at, by, with

"And they glorified God in me" (KJV).

They were glorifying God who was working through Paul.
And isn't that God, the same God that work through Moses and all the prophets through out the entire Bible? [emoji848]

k0de

There is only one God!
Yay, there's joy in Heaven. I agree and all the host of heaven to.

But the thing is this. You were asked a question on which writing in the Bible should Christians follow. And you answered the red letters of Jesus.

I disagree with your answer. Because I believe Jesus could be seen through out the entire Bible. Jesus is called the Word of God incarnate. Compare John 1:14.

Therefore, if he is the Word of God incarnated then all the Scriptures bear witness to Jesus.

Remember:

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me. . . . If you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.” (John 5:39, 46)

And;

"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself." (Luke 24:27)

And there is more but these verses are just a few examples that the entire Bible is about Jesus Christ.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
The law/commandments are to make us aware of sin. No one can keep the law perfectly. However the priests and pharisees thought they could, thus the conflict they had with Jesus.

Jesus came to magnify the law and to open up its spiritual application, making it more comprehensive than the legalistic Pharisees ever imagined. Because of Christ's perfect life of obedience, we can see the spiritual details of law-keeping which are neither recognized nor made possible apart from Him.

When the lawyer asked Jesus which was the greatest commandment in the law, he received the answer: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:37-40. Notice that these two love commandments simply summed up "all the law and the prophets." They all hang upon these two principles of love. Christ was saying that love is the fulfilling of the law just as Paul repeated it later in Romans 13:10. If one loves Christ supremely with heart, soul, and mind, he will obey the first four commandments that have to do with our duty to God. He will not take God's name in vain, worship other gods, etc. If one loves his neighbor as himself, he will obey the last six commandments which relate to our duty to our fellow men. He will not be able to steal from his neighbor, lie about him, etc. Love will lead to obeying or fulfilling all the law.

The entire Holy Bible is Jesus Christ speaking, all scripture inspired by the Holy Spirit of Christ, 2 Peter 1:21, 2 Timothy 3:16, the matter of where the law stands, in terms of Christianity, clear. Thus saith the Lord:

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Isaiah 1:12-16 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil.

Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Galatians 5:13-14 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Galatians 4:9-11 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Galatians 2:4-5 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you… 9-10 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Galatians 5:1-6 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Colossians 2:20-22 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Romans 3:20-24 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 7:4-6 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 5:16-23 This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Very true as that goes to the heart of Gods law which is of love, and reflects Gods character. The law pointed to salvation of man through Jesus Christ as God knew what was needed and sent His Son to come to earth, live as a man, and yet without sin, die on the cross and be resurrected to life to fulfill the laws requirement for sin. Jesus made clear when He came, the guiding principles that show that these were His law, His precepts, not to be set aside or forgotten.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

Many Christians do not live the Christian life successfully as that they fail to see that God and His Son are one, just as His law, His precepts, and His testimonies. People have a hard time in knowing God and His Son Jesus Christ unless you listen to His revelation of Himself in the Old as well as the New Testament of the Bible.

Romans 1:20 tells us "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." So his law, his precepts, his testimonies were seen in everything he did and made from Creation. He created man in his own image with freewill, he made know the consequences of sin when he put the tree of knowledge. It was clear that from the start that within God's law, His precepts, His testimonies, they contained the guiding principle that should be in our life.

Jesus made this clear in Mark 12:30-31 when asked about the commandments and He summed up God's law into two simple statements: "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

Jesus had this to say about the Law of God, Jesus declared to His disciples, "I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:10. Jesus prefaced this by instructing the disciples, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."

Jesus declared that God does have a divine Law by which He governs all things and are established on a 'love' principle.