The Antichrist

Fred Eans

BANNED
Banned
I mentioned in another place that Satan is The Antichrist. A companion ID is his number, 666; the mark of the beast, on the forehead and in the hand means: Forehead = ignorance of God leaves only Satan to learn about; in the hand, is doing His work, serving him implicitly.

Spartan

Satan is a copycat. In the Old Testament Satan bragged, “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High God” (Isaiah 14:14). Below are 19 examples of Satan’s copycat imitation of God:

1. Satan has a throne (Revelation 2:13).
2. Satan has his own doctrines (Revelation 2:24; 1 Timothy 4:1; 1 Corinthians 2:10).
3. Satan has a synagogue (Revelation 2:9; 3:9).
4. Satan has a communion table (1 Corinthians 10:21).
5. Satan has people sacrificing at his altar (Deuteronomy 32:17; 1 Corinthians 10:20).
6. Satan has a counterfeit cup (1 Corinthians 10:21).
7. Satan gives his doctrines to men to teach (1 Timothy 4:1).
8. Satan is an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14).
9. Satan has demonic and human messengers (2 Corinthians 11:13).
10. Satan has a kingdom (Matthew 12:26).
11. Satan does counterfeit miracles, signs, and wonders (Revelation 16:14; Exodus 7:8-12).
12. Satan has false prophets, apostles and teachers (2 Corinthians 11:13-14; 2 Peter 2:1; Mark 13:22; Matthew 13:38).
13. Satan has a city, Mystery Babylon, to oppose the city of God in New Jerusalem (Rev. 17:5).
14. Satan has his own harlot church, to counterfeit the Bride of Christ (Revelation 17:5).
15. Satan and his demons seek worship (Leviticus 17:7; Deuteronomy 32:17; 2 Chronicles 11:15; Psalm 106:37; 1 Corinthians 10:20; Revelation 9:20; Matthew 4:8-10).
16. Satan has his false Christ, the rival of Jesus, the Christ (1 John 2:18-22).
17. Satan has his own Trinity (Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet (Revelation 16:13-14; John 5:43).
18. Satan inhabits some human bodies, counterfeiting the Holy Spirit living in the redeemed (John 13:27 with 1 Corinthians 6:19).
19. Satan seals his followers with a name on their foreheads, which is counterfeit of God’s name on His people’s foreheads (Revelation 13:16 with 7:1-3). https://righterreport.com/2018/06/10/satans-copycat-imitation-of-god/

Bradley D

Antichrists exist today. "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time" (1 John 2:18).

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
I mentioned in another place that Satan is The Antichrist. A companion ID is his number, 666; the mark of the beast, on the forehead and in the hand means: Forehead = ignorance of God leaves only Satan to learn about; in the hand, is doing His work, serving him implicitly.

To help us gain a clearer understanding of what/who the antichrist really is we need to have a correct definition for the word antichrist. The identification of the Antichrist analyzing the original Greek text on the Biblical Term Antichrist

In I John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and II John 7 we find the term antichrist used, which has generally been understood to mean opposed to Christ, or against Christ, with the assumption that the Greek prefix anti means essentially what the English anti means. In English anti-war would rightfully be understood to mean against war, or opposed to war. However, the question must be asked, What is the primary meaning of the GREEK word anti, and how does this amplify our understanding of the biblical term antichrist?

Fortunately, there are numerous examples of the Greek term anti found in the Scripture, and an examination of them will prove helpful. There at least 16 occurrence's of the term 'anti' found in the New Testament, with 15 of them being translated for in the King James Bible, while one time it is translated by the phrase in the room of. Let us look at the usage first of all, which is found in Matt.2:22. "But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into parts of Galilee". One of the many times anti is translated for is Matt.20:28, a passage which reads "Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many." Another is the familiar Luke 2:2: "If a son shall ask bread of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he asks for a fish will he give him a serpent?" One more example is Heb.12:16, speaking of Esau who traded his birthright: "Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright."*

It is clear from these usages of anti the primary meaning of the term is instead of, or in place of, consistent with the word for. If one attempts to read any of the foregoing text and in the place of for substitute against, or opposed, the logic is lost. The Son of man did give His life against many, but as a substitute for many, or in the place of many.

Without argument, many times one who takes the place of another does so as an antagonist, or in opposition to him, and so these words which employ the prefix anti which have the meaning of opponent as their primary meaning. An example of this would be the word antidikos[adversary] in texts such as I Peter 5:8: "Be sober, vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."**

But, because the bare term 'anti' clearly utilizes the concept of substitution, the antichrist is first and foremost, one who seeks to take the place of Christ, to exercise authority instead of Christ.

We see this in II Thess. 2:3,4: "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." The man of sin is described as usurping authority not rightfully belonging to him, attempting to masquerade as God, sitting in the seat of God. It is interesting to note that the word translated oppose in verse 4 is again a compound word, antikeima, meaning one who lies in the place of, or one who lies against. In Rev. 13, the beast power seeks to take the place of God by exhorting worship, something which rightfully belongs only to God, fulfilling the age-old designs of the adversary, whose ambitious aspirations are recorded by Isaiah "Thou {Lucifer) hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High."(Isaiah 14:13,14)

So we have to find out what the Beast power is on earth...

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Antichrists exist today. "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time" (1 John 2:18).

And they were already showing themselves back them, here is something I came across. Take a look at 2 Thessalonians 2:7.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 (New International Version)
7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 (New Living Translation)
7 For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way

So the mystery of iniquity or lawlessness was already at work secretly, and what is holding it back. Well lets start with the power holding it back:

For more than 500 years, half a millennium, Roman Empire was invincible, but it too finally faded and it stopped holding back what prophecy had foretold.

Here is the Geneva Study Bible:

(7) He foretells that when the empire of Rome is taken away, the seat that falls away from God will succeed and hold its place, as the old writers, Tertullian, Chrysostom, and Jerome explain and interpret it... He who is now in authority and rules all, that is, the Roman Empire

Wesley's Explanatory Notes
..This mystery of iniquity is not wholly confined to the Romish church, but extends itself to others also. It seems to consist of, Human inventions added to the written word. Mere outside performances put in the room of faith and love. Other mediators besides the man Christ Jesus. The two last branches, together with idolatry and bloodshed, are the direct consequences of the former; namely, the adding to the word of God. Already worketh - In the church. Only he that restraineth - That is, the potentate who successively has Rome in his power. The emperors, heathen or Christian; the kings, Goths or Lombards; the Carolingian or German emperors.

Jerome (347-420): "Says the apostle [Paul in the second epistle to the Thessalonians], 'Unless the Roman Empire should first be desolated, and antichrist proceed, Christ will not come.'

So it is a antichrist power that the Roman Empire was holding back, so what is this mystery of iniquity:

Revelation 17:5,9
5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

In the day of the Apostle John, the city of Rome was famed for its situation of encompassing seven hills, Capitolinus, Palatinus, Aventinus, Esquilinus, Coelius, Viminalis, and Quirinalis, as noticed by Virgil, Horace, Ovid, Claudian, Starius, Martial, and others.

The mystery of Babylon had been a power which brought corruption of man and lawlessness. It had been known more by what it did to deceive and substitute itself above God, but Paul now begins to point it out and we see it is at the city of Rome after the Roman Empire had stepped out of the way.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Satan is a copycat. In the Old Testament Satan bragged, “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High God” (Isaiah 14:14). Below are 19 examples of Satan’s copycat imitation of God:

2. Satan has his own doctrines (Revelation 2:24; 1 Timothy 4:1; 1 Corinthians 2:10).
5. Satan has people sacrificing at his altar (Deuteronomy 32:17; 1 Corinthians 10:20).
11. Satan does counterfeit miracles, signs, and wonders (Revelation 16:14; Exodus 7:8-12).
12. Satan has false prophets, apostles and teachers (2 Corinthians 11:13-14; 2 Peter 2:1; Mark 13:22; Matthew 13:38).
13. Satan has a city, Mystery Babylon, to oppose the city of God in New Jerusalem (Rev. 17:5).
14. Satan has his own harlot church, to counterfeit the Bride of Christ (Revelation 17:5).
15. Satan and his demons seek worship (Leviticus 17:7; Deuteronomy 32:17; 2 Chronicles 11:15; Psalm 106:37; 1 Corinthians 10:20; Revelation 9:20; Matthew 4:8-10).
16. Satan has his false Christ, the rival of Jesus, the Christ (1 John 2:18-22).
17. Satan has his own Trinity (Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet (Revelation 16:13-14; John 5:43).
18. Satan inhabits some human bodies, counterfeiting the Holy Spirit living in the redeemed (John 13:27 with 1 Corinthians 6:19).
19. Satan seals his followers with a name on their foreheads, which is counterfeit of God’s name on His people’s foreheads (Revelation 13:16 with 7:1-3). https://righterreport.com/2018/06/10/satans-copycat-imitation-of-god/

I said
Nice study can I use it?

Hobie

BANNED
Banned

The
The bible identifies and shows us what this antichrist power is and what will happen, you just have to have a ear that hears..

Revelation 13 (King James Version)

"1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

Hobie

BANNED
Banned

But you have to apply to the antichrist power that is rising up, and you have to look at history to find out what came and how. It shows us that Emperor Constantine, who politically tried not to leave out or alienate those who practiced paganism after he claim to convert to Christianity. He declared the Bishop of Rome as the enforcer of truth and forced the merger of paganism into the church, and the heathen religion now cloaked with a form of righteousness, walked into the church. Pagan doctrines, ceremonies, and superstitions were incorporated into the faith and worship of the professed followers of Christ.

This compromise between paganism and Christianity resulted in the development of "the man of sin" foretold in prophecy as opposing and exalting himself above God. Thus the antichrist power took hold in Rome and started to take over the reins of the church.

You see, in the early church, the bishop of Rome (along with Alexandria and Antioch) was regarded as a Patriarchate, i.e. an autonomous diocese. To this group was added the patriarchates of Constantinople and Jerusalem in the fifth century. This group of five was regarded as leading the church as a whole. However, gaining political influence and claiming "historical events" (e.g. the tradition that Peter and Paul had been martyred in Rome) the Bishop of Rome made himself first among equals. Slowly the church was led to seek the favor and support of the Patriarchate of Rome, and the church was forced to yield allegiance to the bishop of Rome, and the antichrist power took hold of the church.

Bradley D

The antichrists are out there today.

Some local congregations, especially those designated as "Welcoming churches" in the Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, Methodist, Episcopal, and Brethren/Mennonite denominations, may consist of a majority of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender members.