Satan

Aimiel

God tested him, but did not require the death of his son.
God did require Abraham to sacrifice his son, but as soon as he yielded to God's request: God provided a substitutionary sacrifice, which was another and singular type of Christ. The provision for the sacrifice and the fact that it became un-necessary because of God's provision was a symbol of His Grace being poured out on Calvary. He demanded that Abraham bring Isaac for sacrifice and would not change His Mind until Abraham obeyed. He required Abraham to be ready to do anything that He commanded. He requires the same of us. His sacrifice of His Son shows us the greatest love of all, the love a Father feels for His Son is greater than any other love and yet He allowed His Son to suffer and die as our sacrifice. His Grace is ours because of His suffering and sacrifice.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God did require Abraham to sacrifice his son, but as soon as he yielded to God's request: God provided a substitutionary sacrifice, which was another and singular type of Christ. The provision for the sacrifice and the fact that it became un-necessary because of God's provision was a symbol of His Grace being poured out on Calvary. He demanded that Abraham bring Isaac for sacrifice and would not change His Mind until Abraham obeyed. He required Abraham to be ready to do anything that He commanded. He requires the same of us. His sacrifice of His Son shows us the greatest love of all, the love a Father feels for His Son is greater than any other love and yet He allowed His Son to suffer and die as our sacrifice. His Grace is ours because of His suffering and sacrifice.
Where is the test in that? It was not just Abraham thinking that he needed to sacrifice his son.
If that were true: Jesus' Blood would be worthless. Because He was a legal sacrifice: His Blood was accepted upon Heaven's Mercy Seat in The Holy of Holies.

If that is according to scripture. Because my understanding of human sacrifice is that it is pagan and that God prohibits it. I urge you to check your facts.

ttruscott

We know Satan doesn't work against himself (luke 11:18)/QUOTE]

Luke 11:18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand?

He is divided against himself and his kingdom will not stand!

YET - if GOD creates evil and evil people by having them born, created, into Adam's sin, (which HE is not forced to do), how is HE not divided against HIMself? The doctrine of inherited sin is a blasphemy.

Aimiel

Where is the test in that? It was not just Abraham thinking that he needed to sacrifice his son.
I know if I were ordered to sacrifice my son, I'd definitely argue with God. He wanted Abraham to know that God was more important to him than anything (or anyone) else. It worked.
If that is according to scripture. Because my understanding of human sacrifice is that it is pagan and that God prohibits it. I urge you to check your facts.
It is wrong and definitely not a good thing but God called it necessary. Jesus' Blood was required upon Heaven's Mercy Seat in order for millions and millions to be delivered from hell. He was The Lamb of God, slain from the foundation of the world.