Uniting All People Through Sunday Laws

chair

When the world is openly bowing to the Pope's agenda, and Jews are promoting "a Sabbath" outside of the Biblical Sabbath, you best believe it's coming. It's too bad you didn't watch the video. It's loaded with facts and articles.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

The Jews aren't promoting anything. We are not out to convert the world like some are. We simply keep the same Sabbath we always did- the same one Jesus, as a Jew, kept.

TrevorL

Greetings again TheThirdAngel144,
You conveniently missed verse 3, which says:
[3] forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. (2 Corinthians 3:3)
The laws, Thou shalt not kill, steal, etc are written on the tables of Christian hearts.
Rather it is the Gospel and all the teaching of Christ and the hope and love revealed in Christ that is written on the heart. Romans 7:7 shows the normal reaction to one of the negative commands of the 10 Commandments.
Interestingly enough, Hebrews 4 proves the validity of the 7th Day Sabbath. That's why verse 9 clearly says:
[9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (Hebrews 4:9)
That word rest is originally the Greek word, Sabbatismos, which means a keeping Sabbath. The 7th Day Sabbath still remians, and even planet earth will for the 6:1 cycle. It's part of God's character.
This is speaking of ceasing from sin now and the rest that we find in Christ Matthew 11:28-30 and the hope of the 1000 year rest when Jesus returns, a rest that Joshua did not achieve with Israel.
And even in the new heavens and new earth, the Sabbath will still be kept.
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:22-23)
Yes, during the 1000 year reign on earth, (a teaching denied by SDAs as they teach the earth will be empty during the 1000 years,} there will be a restoration of the Sabbath.

Kind regards,
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ resurrecting on Sunday is not the reason to keep Sunday holy. Christ created the world in six days, and rested the seventh day. He set it apart for a holy use. If we wish to emulate Christ, we should keep His Sabbath, for He said He is Lord of the Sabbath Day (thus, the Lord's Day) instead of Sunday.

Some people refer to Sunday as the Lord's Day.

rstrats

Jacob,
re: "Some people refer to Sunday as the Lord's Day."

Actually, I think that the majority of Christians refer to Sunday as the Lord's Day. Just so it's understood that the 1st day of the week is never refered to in scripture as the Lord's Day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,
re: "Some people refer to Sunday as the Lord's Day."

Actually, I think that the majority of Christians refer to Sunday as the Lord's Day. Just so it's understood that the 1st day of the week is never refered to in scripture as the Lord's Day.
A verse in Revelation is used as support for the argument.

rstrats

Jacob,
re: "A verse in Revelation is used as support for the argument."

The verse is Revelation 1:10 - "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day..." However, it can't be used as support since it doesn't say anything about it being the first day of the week.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,
re: "A verse in Revelation is used as support for the argument."

The verse is Revelation 1:10 - "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day..." However, it can't be used as support since it doesn't say anything about it being the first day of the week.

Some people use one of the Psalms.

rstrats

Jacob,
re: "It may be Psalm 92."

Psalm 92 says nothing about the 1st day of the week being referred to as the Lord's day.

Not my argument.

I said that the world remembers on a basic level that Christ rose on Sunday, which is why it pauses work for a bit.

I said nothing about keeping it holy, because they don't.

Rather...

Spoiler
Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.For it is written: “ As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way. - Romans 14:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans14:1-13&version=NKJV

Obeying God's law, generally, was not a doubtful disputation. Unfortunately, since every wind of doctrine is blowing about in today's day and age, one might thing that the Sabbath is a "doubtful disputation." Obedience to God's law is not doubtful. It is a requirement, like keeping the Sabbath.

Besides, Romans 14 is talking about the ceremonial law anyways, not the 10 Holy Commandments, of which literally every single precept is still valid today.

The Jews aren't promoting anything. We are not out to convert the world like some are. We simply keep the same Sabbath we always did- the same one Jesus, as a Jew, kept.

This conversation is akin to someone trying to present facts in a court room, and you covering your ears and saying, "La-la-la, I can't hear you." If you refuse to watch the video, this conversation is pointless.

chair

This conversation is akin to someone trying to present facts in a court room, and you covering your ears and saying, "La-la-la, I can't hear you." If you refuse to watch the video, this conversation is pointless.

I don't make a habit of watching half hour videos for no reason. If you can give one or two of the main points in a short post, then maybe I'll watch it.

In any case- Sunday is not a rest day in Israel. That is a fact, and you are covering your ears on that one.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This Sunday off/ Sunday worship being the mark of the beast is uniquely SDA doctrine. The rest of the Christian denominations, and even other Sabbatarian groups don't accept this doctrine.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
https://youtu.be/oHKSiFGQHdo

Progressives and conservatives already hold common ground on Blue Laws, according to Lyman Stone of Vox. Israel has already adopted Sunday's off, and have even recently ruled that shops can open on the 7th Day Biblical Sabbath.
Even Atheists have their own "Sunday Assemblies". Why do so many different swathes of people value Sunday? They are being prepared for accepting the inevitable Sunday Laws, the mark of the beast. Think I'm joking? Watch the video, and see for yourselves.

Most Christians don't know that nowhere in the Bible is there set any Sunday sacredness or the first day of the week made a day of worship. Here are the statements which show who the Protestant churches are following and its not the Bible:

"Protestants ... accept Sunday rather than Saturday as the day for public worship after the Catholic Church made the change... But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that ... in observing Sunday, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the Church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, February 5th, 1950. This Rock

"All of us believe many things in regard to religion that we do not find in the Bible. For example, nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath Day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the Church outside the Bible." The Catholic Virginian, "To Tell You The Truth,” Vol. 22, No. 49 (Oct. 3, 1947).

"... you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." The Faith of Our Fathers, by James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, 88th edition, page 89. Originally published in 1876, republished and Copyright 1980 by TAN Books and Publishers, Inc., pages 72-73.

'Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.'' Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

"But since Saturday, not Sunday, is specified in the Bible, isn't it curious that non-Catholics who profess to take their religion directly from the Bible and not the Church, observe Sunday instead of Saturday? Yes, of course, it is inconsistent; but this change was made about fifteen centuries before Protestantism was born, and by that time the custom was universally observed. They have continued the custom, even though it rests upon the authority of the Catholic Church and not upon an explicit text in the Bible. That observance remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away - like a boy running away from home but still carrying in his pocket a picture of his mother or a lock of her hair." The Faith of Millions

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. "The Day of the Lord" (dies Dominica) was chosen, not from any directions noted in the Scriptures, but from the Church's sense of its own power. The day of resurrection, the day of Pentecost, fifty days later, came on the first day of the week. So this would be the new Sabbath. People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." Sentinel, Pastor's page, Saint Catherine Catholic Church, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995

'If Protestants would follow the Bible, they would worship God on the Sabbath Day. In keeping the Sunday they are following a law of the Catholic Church.' Albert Smith, Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, replying for the Cardinal, in a letter dated February 10, 1920.

'It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.'Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ News on March 18, 1903. This Rock

'Of course these .. quotations are exactly correct. The Catholic Church designated Sunday as the day for corporate worship and gets full credit or blame for the change.' This Rock,The Magazine of Catholic Apologetics and Evangelization, p.8, June 1997

'The observance of Sunday by the Protestants is homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Catholic] Church.' Monsignor Louis Segur, (Plain Talk about the Protestantism of Today p. 213.)