Dead to the Law !

beloved57

Rom 7:4

4 [FONT=&quot]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

According to Paul here how were these brethren dead to the Law ? Also what does being dead to the Law mean ?[/FONT]

Nanja

4 [FONT="]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

According to Paul here how were these brethren dead to the Law ? Also what does being dead to the Law mean ?[/FONT]

Being dead to the Law simply means that all for whom Christ died in behalf of, namely His Sheep John 10:11, 15, or His Church Eph. 5:25; that even though they were born into this world as sinners Eph. 2:2-3, God cannot charge them with any sin because they were permanently freed from the Law by Christ their Surety's Death Rom. 7:4; Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8 on their behalf !

However, all the rest of mankind were not made dead to the Law, because Christ's Death was not for them, and so they shall remain cursed law breakers forever; namely the goats.

Mat. 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

beloved57

Being dead to the Law simply means that all for whom Christ died in behalf of, namely His Sheep John 10:11, 15, or His Church Eph. 5:25; that even though they were born into this world as sinners Eph. 2:2-3, God cannot charge them with any sin because they were permanently freed from the Law by Christ their Surety's Death Rom. 7:4; Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8 on their behalf !

However, all the rest of mankind were not made dead to the Law, because Christ's Death was not for them, and so they shall remain cursed law breakers forever; namely the goats.

Mat. 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Exactly.Being dead to the law isnt the result of our believing in Christ, but believing in Christ is the result [fruit] of being dead to the law because Christ died for us .

beloved57

Being dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, meaning His death, we became also dead to sin. Here's why, sin gets its authority to condemn by the Law. Paul wrote 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Because ultimately Sin is the transgression of the Law 1 Jn 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And may I add Gods Law !

Now for those of us Christ died for we are blessed to be dead to the Law and sin which results from transgressing it. That is why sin isnt imputed to sinners Christ died for,

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

4 [FONT=&quot]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

By the body of Christ.
I am not sure the answer to your second question.

Nanja

Being dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, meaning His death, we became also dead to sin. Here's why, sin gets its authority to condemn by the Law. Paul wrote 1 Cor 15:56

56 [FONT="]The sting of death is sin;[B] and the strength of sin is the law.[/B]

Because ultimately Sin is the transgression of the Law 1 Jn 3:4

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Whosoever committeth [/FONT]
sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And may I add Gods Law !

Now for those of us Christ died for we are blessed to be dead to the Law and sin which results from transgressing it. That is why sin isnt imputed to sinners Christ died for,

Amen ! Those Christ died for, their sins were charged / imputed to Him, and His Righteousness imputed to them Rom. 5:17 by the eternal union they had with Him Eph. 1:4-7. So when Christ was Crucified they [elect] were crucified together with Him Gal. 2:20, made dead to the Law by the Body of Christ Rom. 7:4, and His Righteousness was imputed to them. So being dead to the Law means God cannot ever charge them with any sin against His Law, Period !

Rom. 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

beloved57

Nanja

Amen ! Those Christ died for, their sins were charged / imputed to Him, and His Righteousness imputed to them Rom. 5:17 by the eternal union they had with Him Eph. 1:4-7. So when Christ was Crucified they [elect] were crucified together with Him Gal. 2:20, made dead to the Law by the Body of Christ Rom. 7:4, and His Righteousness was imputed to them. So being dead to the Law means God cannot ever charge them with any sin against His Law, Period !

Amen and Amen !

Rom. 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Praise Him !