Has anyone ever heard the voice of God?

Gary K

Banned
I can't specifically say I have heard God's voice, but I have heard a voice that told my something about to happen in my immediate future, twice. My thought is that it was most likely my guardian angel.

The first time it happened I was in the 7th grade. I was just coming home from school and my older brother wanted me to go with him to help him feed some cattle. A rancher had his horse roll on him and it broke his ankle so he needed a short time helper to feed his cattle. As I was standing listening to my brother a voice told me that if I went I would be involved in an accident as my brother was going to roll the pickup down the side of the mountain the rancher lived on. I went, and we rolled down the side of the mountain about 100 yards. We ended up with the pickup on it's wheels facing up hill with the back bumper against a big pine tree. If we hadn't hit that pine we would have gone probably a quarter mile or more down that hillside. Where and how we ended up was nothing short of a miracle.

The second time I was 21 and a couple of friends stopped and asked me to buy them some beer and go to Lewiston, Id and go drinking for the drinking age in Idaho at the time was only 18. Before I got in the car I once again heard the same voice telling me they were going to get into a wreck. I went along anyway and we got into a wreck. We knocked over a tree in front of the Waitsburg, Wa high school at about 3 in the morning on our way back to Walla Walla.

I've had another couple of experiences in the spiritual world, but those did not include God or His angels speaking with me even though they were very much involved in the entire experience.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As usual, Jacob's muddled thinking goes against the Torah.

No mortal, sinful man can see God's face and live. However, Moses was given the gift of seeing God's backside..... That is seeing God even if it is seeing only His back for I can truthfully say I saw someone even if I only saw their backside as they were moving away from me.
True. If that is the case then you are correct. Thank you.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't want a people who will love Him due to His Power. He does, however want to give power to those who love Him (without ever having seen Him).

Aimiel, I don’t understand how you can presume to speak for God or what he wants. We are not his counselors and he is not available for interviews. It seems the height of thoughtlessness to attempt to do so, as I see it.

In any event, you were quoting me as I responded to a poster who made claims of fact. I don’t think that person understands the difference between facts and opinions. Beliefs fall into the latter category.

Anyway, the entire post you made had absolutely nothing to do with that. What he claimed was not a fact, and that’s why he can’t prove it. Not only that, he was wrong anyway because he forgot to include Muslims who also believe in the God of Abraham.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel, I don’t understand how you can presume to speak for God or what he wants. We are not his counselors and he is not available for interviews. It seems the height of thoughtlessness to attempt to do so, as I see it.

In any event, you were quoting me as I responded to a poster who made claims of fact. I don’t think that person understands the difference between facts and opinions. Beliefs fall into the latter category.

Anyway, the entire post you made had absolutely nothing to do with that. What he claimed was not a fact, and that’s why he can’t prove it. Not only that, he was wrong anyway because he forgot to include Muslims who also believe in the God of Abraham.

Muslims do not believe the same as Christians do.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Muslims do not believe the same as Christians do.

Everyone knows that Jacob. Why did you have to quote that entire post just to say that? I never said they did in the first place. I said they also believe in the God of Abraham like Christians and Jews.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everyone knows that Jacob. Why did you have to quote that entire post just to say that? I never said they did in the first place. I said they also believe in the God of Abraham like Christians and Jews.

Okay. But Ishmaelites are different from Muslims.

betsy123

I came across the following question today.

Has anyone ever heard the voice of God? Of course, has anyone ever seen God?

Apparently there is a Muslim who takes Jesus to task on this. Saying that Jesus did not hear God's voice, or did?, at His baptism. It is a little bit confusing.

Anyone able to help with this?

Shalom.

Jacob

I did. Once. He sounded like John Goodman. I know that sounds crazy - but it's true!
God has a sense of humor!

I was rebuked by a fellow-Christian at another forum, who didn't agree with my style of debating. She told me that "it's Christians like me who turn people off Christianity!"
That bothered me a lot, it had shakened my confidence,and I started to question myself.
I remember being in the shower getting ready to attend a Billy Graham workshop, and I was talking to God.
I asked Him to guide me. I told Him that I was afraid I'm turning people off. Those were my exact words. A coupe of hours later, I was at the venue for the workshop. While waiting for the speaker, I was reading pamphlets that were distributed. I was engrossed in reading that I didn't know the speaker had come on-stage. Suddenly, this John Goodman voice boomed from the mic, "ARE YOU AFRAID YOU'RE TURNING PEOPLE OFF?" Boy, to say that the booming voice startled me was an understatement! I knew right away this is God's response! The speaker explained the answer through a light switch.
Long story short - what I was doing was okay!

Later that day, I started to wonder if that was just a coincidence. So I asked God to let me know.
That night when i opened the Bible - it was on Jesus arguing/debating with the Pharisees.
Something "clicked" in my head, and I knew that was the answer.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I did. Once. He sounded like John Goodman. I know that sounds crazy - but it's true!
God has a sense of humor!

I was rebuked by a fellow-Christian at another forum, who didn't agree with my style of debating. She told me that "it's Christians like me who turn people off Christianity!"
That bothered me a lot, it had shakened my confidence,and I started to question myself.
I remember being in the shower getting ready to attend a Billy Graham workshop, and I was talking to God.
I asked Him to guide me. I told Him that I was afraid I'm turning people off. Those were my exact words. A coupe of hours later, I was at the venue for the workshop. While waiting for the speaker, I was reading pamphlets that were distributed. I was engrossed in reading that I didn't know the speaker had come on-stage. Suddenly, this John Goodman voice boomed from the mic, "ARE YOU AFRAID YOU'RE TURNING PEOPLE OFF?" Boy, to say that the booming voice startled me was an understatement! I knew right away this is God's response! The speaker explained the answer through a light switch.
Long story short - what I was doing was okay!

Later that day, I started to wonder if that was just a coincidence. So I asked God to let me know.
That night when i opened the Bible - it was on Jesus arguing/debating with the Pharisees.
Something "clicked" in my head, and I knew that was the answer.

There must be explanations for why Jesus said what He did. But what Jesus said and what He is interpreted as saying might be the issue or the matter at hand.

Spartan

I've heard the voice of God. He sounded like he was between 30-40 years old. I was two feet from my wife at the time. I heard it and she didn't. It's different because it's inside your head when you hear it, but it sounds entirely audible. My nephew heard the voice once too. He said it scared him and he about freaked out. What happened was he and his wife at the time were in their kitchen and she was leaving him and he was trying everything he could to get her to stay. And that's when he heard the voice which simply said, "Let her go." He did and found a wonderful new wife later and they're both really happy. I also heard from several co-workers that they had heard God's voice.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I've heard the voice of God. He sounded like he was between 30-40 years old. I was two feet from my wife at the time. I heard it and she didn't. It's different because it's inside your head when you hear it, but it sounds entirely audible. My nephew heard the voice once too. He said it scared him and he about freaked out. What happened was he and his wife at the time were in their kitchen and she was leaving him and he was trying everything he could to get her to stay. And that's when he heard the voice which simply said, "Let her go." He did and found a wonderful new wife later and they're both really happy. I also heard from several co-workers that they had heard God's voice.

Was it that none of the people Jesus was talking to at the time had heard the voice of God?

Spartan

Was it that none of the people Jesus was talking to at the time had heard the voice of God?

Peter, James and John - the brother of James - heard the voice of the Father on the Mount of Transfiguration. There's also this:

Jehovah’s voice is “like the roar of rushing waters” (Ezekiel 43:2). Jesus’ “voice was like the sound of rushing waters” (Revelation 1:15). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Spartan

I know that God is not a man. But Jesus the Son of God is begotten of Him. And Jesus is man. This is so that man would be reconciled to God.

Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man,that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent”

Hosea 11:9 “...For I am God, and not man...”

This verse is not a challenge to the doctrine that Christ is God in flesh. First of all, at the time Numbers was written, God had not yet become incarnate. So, it is true that God was not then a man--because the Word had not yet become flesh (John 1:1, 14). Remember, the verse says, "God IS not a man . . . " Second, the verse says that "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should repent." In other words, the verse is dealing with the issue that God does not lie nor does he repent (of his sins). The verse isn't denying that the Word becomes incarnate later on. Instead, it is saying that God is not like people because he does not lie, nor does he need to repent from sin.

https://carm.org/god-is-not-a-man

Fast forward to the Book of Daniel, which was written at a time when the “son of man” phrase had a specific and known meaning. In the context of Daniel 7:13, where one "like a son of man" comes to the Ancient of Days (Almighty God, the Father)and is given dominion and sovereign power and universal worship of the sort that God alone possesses, the significance of Jesus' "son of man" usage cannot be overstated. It is functionally equivalent to saying that the one like a son of man is rightful heir and successor to the divine throne. "Son of man" is essentially the same as "Son of God" in this context.

Aimiel

I've been appointed to the office of Prophet.
In any event, you were quoting me as I responded to a poster who made claims of fact. I don’t think that person understands the difference between facts and opinions. Beliefs fall into the latter category. Anyway, the entire post you made had absolutely nothing to do with that. What he claimed was not a fact, and that’s why he can’t prove it.
I was merely pointing out the fact that God decided long ago that He could not be proven or disproven. He wants to promote faith, not cronyism.
Not only that, he was wrong anyway because he forgot to include Muslims who also believe in the God of Abraham.
No, they don't. Their religion has nothing to do with The God of Abraham, except by their claims. Ismhael, Abraham's son, did spawn a nation: Arabs, but the false religion of Islam has no connection to the God of The Holy Bible. The words of the Koran are not from God but they are from a jinn (demon).

betsy123

There must be explanations for why Jesus said what He did. But what Jesus said and what He is interpreted as saying might be the issue or the matter at hand.

That verbatim repeat of my question - the opening statement by the speaker (the first agenda of the workshop by showing through visual aids the answer to my question)- how can I not take it as God saying, "Hey betsy, listen up!"

God seems to "play with words," to get me to know that, "this is the response!"
It wasn't the only time He did it.

One time I was reading the Bible (I can't recall which part of the Old Testament it was) but it was about God promising a man that He'll raise him up again (God was talking about wealth).
So, after I closed the Bible, I made a wistful comment to God,"if He can please raise me up a bit.....if it is according to His will." So I went to work that day. At the end of the day, just before I went off work, my boss came to me to talk about something. Then, just as she was leaving, she said....."Oh by the way.....we decided to give you a raise!" It was a big raise!

The timing.....and the way she used the term "raise," had cause bells to ring in my head and think of my comment to God that morning!:)

betsy123

What a beautiful testimony!

betsy123

It's hard to explain.....but you'll know when God answers you. You just know it.

betsy123

That verbatim repeat of my question - the opening statement by the speaker (the first agenda of the workshop by showing through visual aids the answer to my question)- how can I not take it as God saying, "Hey betsy, listen up!"

God seems to "play with words," to get me to know that, "this is the response!"
It wasn't the only time He did it.

One time I was reading the Bible (I can't recall which part of the Old Testament it was) but it was about God promising a man that He'll raise him up again (God was talking about wealth).
So, after I closed the Bible, I made a wistful comment to God,"if He can please raise me up a bit.....if it is according to His will." So I went to work that day. At the end of the day, just before I went off work, my boss came to me to talk about something. Then, just as she was leaving, she said....."Oh by the way.....we decided to give you a raise!" It was a big raise!

The timing.....and the way she used the term "raise," had cause bells to ring in my head and think of my comment to God that morning!:)

Just to be clear...."bells ringing in my head" was a figure of speech. :)

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I've been appointed to the office of Prophet.

So were Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

I was merely pointing out the fact that God decided long ago that He could not be proven or disproven. He wants to promote faith, not cronyism.

Then it’s high time people stop making false claims about it and learn to speak truth.

No, they don't. Their religion has nothing to do with The God of Abraham, except by their claims. Ismhael, Abraham's son, did spawn a nation: Arabs, but the false religion of Islam has no connection to the God of The Holy Bible. The words of the Koran are not from God but they are from a jinn (demon).

How would you go about proving that to be a fact that is true, and not just a religious idea or false claim? I don’t believe there is any such thing as a jinn. How would anyone know there is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Peter, James and John - the brother of James - heard the voice of the Father on the Mount of Transfiguration. There's also this:

Jehovah’s voice is “like the roar of rushing waters” (Ezekiel 43:2). Jesus’ “voice was like the sound of rushing waters” (Revelation 1:15). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.