The Gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ Our Lord !

beloved57

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This Gift of God is given to every sinner Christ died for, for that's why its [eternal life] through Jesus Christ Thats why its called a gift. Now false teachers have corrupted this concept of eternal life being a gift and designate it more as an offer and its up to man to receive it, accept it or make a decision for it. Again that concept is the corruption of man.. Its simply a gift because its given to all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep or Gods elect. Its the same eternal life Christ particularly stated its given to His Sheep Jn 10:27-28

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

The word give here is didōmi and means:

1. o give
  2. to give something to someone
    1. of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage
      1. to bestow a gift

Bestow means:

to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon ):

Folks the idea here is that the Gift of God isnt a mere offer but something effectually given, bestowed, even a transaction.

beloved57

One of the ways eternal life is given to the Sheep through Jesus Christ their Lord and Shepherd is by Imputation, meaning its been charged to their account as an inheritance.

Everyone Christ died for automatically come into this world as what the scripture calls heirs Rom 8:17;4:14;Gal 3:29;Heb 1:14;6:17

This has nothing to do with what they did, thought or decided, its established in and through Jesus Christ !

beloved57

Another way those who Christ died for receive eternal life as a gift is its given to them in new birth, or a imparting of new spiritual, resurrected life from Christ This is communicated by the Holy Spirit, to each one Christ has died for and put away their sins !

Nanja

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This Gift of God is given to every sinner Christ died for, for that's why its [eternal life] through Jesus Christ Thats why its called a gift. Now false teachers have corrupted this concept of eternal life being a gift and designate it more as an offer and its up to man to receive it, accept it or make a decision for it. Again that concept is the corruption of man.. Its simply a gift because its given to all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep or Gods elect. Its the same eternal life Christ particularly stated its given to His Sheep Jn 10:27-28

[FONT=&]27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[/FONT]

The word give here is didōmi and means:

1. o give
  2. to give something to someone
    1. of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage
      1. to bestow a gift

Bestow means:

to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon ):

Folks the idea here is that the Gift of God isnt a mere offer but something effectually given, bestowed, even a transaction.

Yes Indeed Brother ! It was an Eternal Transaction between the Father and the Son, in that Christ as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20, their Surety Heb. 7:22, entered into Covenant with the Father, to redeem them from the sin / ruin they would commit in Adam when he sinned. For this great Gift He has bestowed exclusively upon the World of the Sheep / Elect; laying their sins to the account of His Son Is. 53:6, 10 in their stead. And this Great Gift of Eternal Life for them is permanent and binding, and can never be rescinded !

beloved57

Yes Indeed Brother ! It was an Eternal Transaction between the Father and the Son, in that Christ as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20, their Surety Heb. 7:22, entered into Covenant with the Father, to redeem them from the sin / ruin they would commit in Adam when he sinned. For this great Gift He has bestowed exclusively upon the World of the Sheep / Elect; laying their sins to the account of His Son Is. 53:6, 10 in their stead. And this Great Gift of Eternal Life for them is permanent and binding, and can never be rescinded !
Amen Sister!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

beloved57

Another way those who Christ died for receive eternal life as a gift is by Faith. After New Birth Eternal life becomes experientially knowable by Faith, that is God given Faith by means of the New Birth 1 Jn 5:13

[FONT=&quot]These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may[/FONT]know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Nanja

One of the ways eternal life is given to the Sheep through Jesus Christ their Lord and Shepherd is by Imputation, meaning its been charged to their account as an inheritance.

Everyone Christ died for automatically come into this world as what the scripture calls heirs Rom 8:17;4:14;Gal 3:29;Heb 1:14;6:17

This has nothing to do with what they did, thought or decided, its established in and through Jesus Christ !

Amen Brother, perfectly stated !

The Sheep are the Children / Heirs of Promise Gal. 4:28 which have been given an Inheritance 1 Pet. 1:4 and have a right to it by Imputation.

That is, it's based solely upon the Blood Work of their Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22; 13:20; Rom. 5:9-10 on their behalf who is Heir of all things, and not by any action or decision of theirs. Meaning simply, that Christ was appointed heir of all things, and so also the Sheep Chosen in Union with Him Eph. 1:4 that He shed His Blood for John 10:11, 15 are by Imputation joint-heirs together with Him Rom. 8:17.

beloved57

Amen Brother, perfectly stated !

The Sheep are the Children / Heirs of Promise Gal. 4:28 which have been given an Inheritance 1 Pet. 1:4 and have a right to it by Imputation.

That is, it's based solely upon the Blood Work of their Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22; 13:20; Rom. 5:9-10 on their behalf who is Heir of all things, and not by any action or decision of theirs. Meaning simply, that Christ was appointed heir of all things, and so also the Sheep Chosen in Union with Him Eph. 1:4 that He shed His Blood for John 10:11, 15 are by Imputation joint-heirs with Him Rom. 8:17.
Amen and that's very well stated!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Nanja

Another way those who Christ died for receive eternal life as a gift is its given to them in new birth, or a imparting of new spiritual, resurrected life from Christ This is communicated by the Holy Spirit, to each one Christ has died for and put away their sins !

Yes, most definitely ! All for whom Christ died, put away their sins, was made a curse for, He redeemed them from the curse of the law. And the same ones God predestinated unto the Adoption of Sons / Children by Jesus Christ Eph. 1:5 to Himself. So as a result of them being His Sons, they will at some point in their lifetime, be born again and be given the Spirit of Adoption, also referred to as the blessing of Abraham.

Gal. 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

That's when these Truths are experientially realized by God's Sons / Children.

Gal. 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

This new resurrected Life from Christ is a great confirmation and a witness to the fact that we were eternally Chosen in Him of the Father to be His adopted Sons; hence were never under condemnation at any time Rom. 8:1 !

Rom. 8:15-16

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Last edited:

Nanja

Another way those who Christ died for receive eternal life as a gift is by Faith. After New Birth Eternal life becomes experientially knowable by Faith, that is God given Faith by means of the New Birth 1 Jn 5:13

[FONT="]These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may[/FONT]know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Amen, it's only after having been given the Faith which is a Fruit of God the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth, are we also given the Spiritual ability to Know / Believe 1 John 5:13 that we have Eternal Life.

1 Cor. 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Cor. 2:11, 14

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

beloved57

Amen, it's only after having been given the Faith which is a Fruit of God the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth, are we also given the Spiritual ability to Know / Believe 1 John 5:13 that we have Eternal Life.

1 Cor. 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Cor. 2:11, 14

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Amen and Amen !