Is Jesus God?

keypurr

Two became one. Jesus became the Christ when the logos went to dwell IN him at his anointing. Acts 10:38

All reflected images are created by the subject matter.

You do not seem to be a spiritual person Lon, you have had five years to disprove my understanding but you are unable to do so. My teacher is above all, he wrote the book. But you will never understand it if your in a church box.

Understanding is much more important that grammar Lon, content should be what you need to seek. You ability to use your quality words to look down on some one that you have no idea what he knows is showing again.

Sweep it under the rug if you wish, but the words are still there.

Jesus was NOT with the Father at the creation.
The EXPRESS IMAGE was, Jesus was born to Mary.

If what I see in scripture is offensive then you do not have truth. The Jews did not like it either.

I am not overly concerned about my judgement. God loves me for trying.

Many disagree with that.

I question the KJV as being the pure word of God.

Don't we all?

Says the guy with no ability to the PhD :plain: It is simply blowhard ignorance on your part young one. When it comes to the Bible, you are the child, not me.

God has always preserved His church. The Catholics were shadowed by Eastern Orthodox and far away Coptic Churches and anabaptists. Look where they all agree, THEN determine what they ALL believed independently was true. You are making another rookie mistake and YOUR thinking is SHOWN on TOL to be wrong and shallow. Its been SHOWN in just this thread, Robert! How prideful (and wrong) can one uneducated old guy be??? And you have the audacity to 'try' and assert my understanding is shallow??? :doh: You are arrogant. Sadly so.

Contrasts? You are trying to contrast yourself with me? The Apostle Paul pulled out his credentials to shame those who opposed him. I could do the same here. You are just a little tiny fish in a huge pond and TOTALLY ignorant of what is in those theological waters to be going on so like this. Its sad, really. The JW's do it also. They are proud (sadly) of their ignorance (as are most Cults). They think "God chose the simple things to confound the wise" means they have it. Okay, you and an Arian and a Mormon, a Bahá'í, and a Muslim can all argue which one of all the rest of the obscure cults are supposedly the 'ignorant' but 'right' ones.

Can you be taught? Have you learned anything from me in this post today? :think:

Er, "Either." Come on Robert. If you are going to ridicule someone, try not to show your lack of the same ability you are criticizing your opponent for! :doh:

You've a long way to go, Robert. Proverbs 5:13 Are you reading these scriptures and letting them sink in, Robert?
[/QUOTE]

Lon it is not I that is displaying blowhard ignorance, look in your mirror.

You are not showing any one here your Christian faith today. Your unable to define what an image is so you spout off with your garbage. Your still on your Polo Pony Lon. Enjoy this life, it might be the only life you get.

Lon

Two became one. Jesus became the Christ when the logos went to dwell IN him at his anointing. Acts 10:38
All reflected images are created by the subject matter.

You do not seem to be a spiritual person Lon, you have had five years to disprove my understanding but you are unable to do so. My teacher is above all, he wrote the book. But you will never understand it if your in a church box.
Honestly? This is all you've got? A slam for no other reason than pride? That "I'm not a spiritual person?" Let me tell you: This doesn't seem to me to be a 'spiritual' assessment, just a reaction in the flesh. You should have feared to trod where angels tread, Robert. This just lowered you in my estimations and esteem.

Understanding is much more important that grammar Lon,
:plain: and :doh: I cannot believe you just said this. There is NO grasp of the spiritual WITHOUT being able to read and discern the scriptures written. You are doing the "I'm special. God thinks I'm more special than you" card. :plain: No special pleading is impressive to me. It is delusion and EVERY cult pleads it. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!! You are arrogant, Robert.

content should be what you need to seek. You ability to use your quality words to look down on some one that you have no idea what he knows is showing again.
Of course it is! Of COURSE I DO! :doh: You don't get it! You CANNOT surpass my excellence in reading skills in this conversation. You DON'T HAVE IT! There is NO special pleading, special revelation beside what is written. You are terrible for questioning someone's spirituality as well. You just elevated yourself not only above me, but above all the rest of all Christians in the world. You didn't just insult me, you insulted everybody. And for what? So you, in your own special revelation WITHOUT great grades or ability where you have been CLEARLY wrong, you could try and find SOMETHING that would make you better than me and them. That thing better? "Special pleading and 'spirituality.'" :plain:

Sweep it under the rug if you wish, but the words are still there.
Easy, scripture already does. Pay attention:

1 Peter 1:24 Psalm 8:4

Psalm 82:6 does not say you are a God BUT that you are a son to Him. What that means is that you have Him, not that you are god all by yourself. Remember you saying I'm not spiritual? YOU missed the spiritual meaning of this verse NOT me. It is clear and YOU missed it. I, unlike you, CAN read. Jesus said if men are called gods (referring to the context of Psalm 82) THEN HE is certainly not robbed of that title. YOU missed it Bob. YOU did. Sorry, missing it is not spiritual. You just said I wasn't. I don't think you get to be that guy that tells me whether I'm Spiritual or not. I'll leave that to God. At this point, AT LEAST I know what scriptures says and can clearly tell you where you do not.

Is Keypurr not spiritual? Not my call. You stand before your Maker.

Jesus was NOT with the Father at the creation.
The EXPRESS IMAGE was, Jesus was born to Mary.
:doh: You are a confused man, Robert. in your selfish desire to teach others, you JUST said Nikolai was wrong then repeated what he said in Colossians. You said "express image" wasn't Jesus two posts ago to him. :doh:

If what I see in scripture is offensive then you do not have truth. The Jews did not like it either.
:plain: Special pleading as if you are more special or better WITHOUT THE GRADES TO ASSERT ANYTHING!

I am not overly concerned about my judgement. God loves me for trying.

:nono: He loves you DESPITE your poor attempts. You just are too arrogant to even listen to anyone.

Many disagree with that.
Sad, its blown your fleshly head all out of proportion to make all these poor assertions that have no foundation in scripture. Robert, you can't even read Moderator comments correctly. You 'think' you can do so, somehow, with scripture???? Think. The ONLY thing this post will hurt is your pride, not the spiritual man. Your pride is way overblown regarding your actual ability.

I question the KJV as being the pure word of God.
Because it disagrees with your ideas? Right or wrong? I'm not too hung up on the KJV or other translations.
My point was to tell you 'It' doesn't have the right translation. On this, the KJV did, in fact, get this right. "It" is offensive if I say it about you. Anyone else you say 'it' about is derogatory.

Don't we all?
No. When we read and listen, God uses us to better grasp scriptures. God never intended you to go against proper grammar. That is never what He meant by spiritual and unspiritual, nor the difference between what the spiritual and unspiritual can grasp. You guys wrongly make it between spiritual. You HAVE to relegate the rest of the church to 'unspiritual' in order to embrace odd ideas. The Apostles, however, warned also against false teachers and cults. Look up the 7 churches in Revelation: NONE of them are Arian or Unitarian. Granted some do not exist today but some of them do and NONE of them are Arian. The Lord Jesus Christ counted these as His church. Think about that for awhile. Let it sink in. It NEEDS to sink in, Bob. You aren't as savvy as you think you are.

nikolai_42

I have spent a lifetime studying these verses and I can see that you didn't. You didn't read mine also.
Jesus was not the Son at the creation. Suggest you look at "men made in the image of God', and the "express image of God". Jesus was Born, Christ the Miltha was SENT to dwell in the body prepared for it.

A study might be worth your time.

My only purpose for posting what I did was to respond to your contention that an IMAGE (by definition) is a creation. You are saying that Jesus is/was the express IMAGE of the Father and because an IMAGE must be a creation, therefore Jesus is a creation. You cited Col 1:15 and I used the same passage (adding the surrounding context) and John 1 to show that your restriction doesn't necessarily hold. John 1:14 says the Word was made flesh. There is no division between Jesus and the Word. The flesh didn't pre-exist, but to divide his flesh from who He was is foolish. Peter said He was the Christ - the Son of the Living God. He made no addendum saying His flesh wasn't that Son. And Jesus alluded to it directly, gave it importance, and says it was from heaven :

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

John 6:51-58

His flesh was not separated from Him. It was vitally connected to Jesus as the eternal Son of God.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
There is only ONE GOD and Jesus has a God.

Think

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Again, so far, you've not answered the questions:
  • What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a God"?
  • Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a God"?

To simply repeat your mantra, "Jesus has a God", is to fail to answer one and/or both of these questions.

To quote 1 Corinthians 8:6 is to give one of many, many, many good answers--TO A DIFFERENT QUESTION THAN THE QUESTION I ASKED:

Q. Where, in the Bible, do we NOT read, "Jesus has a God"?
A. We do NOT read, "Jesus has a God", in 1 Corinthians 8:6.

Lon

Lon it is not I that is displaying blowhard ignorance, look in your mirror.

You are not showing any one here your Christian faith today. Your unable to define what an image is so you spout off with your garbage. Your still on your Polo Pony Lon. Enjoy this life, it might be the only life you get.
You do not seem to be a spiritual person Lon
BR you do not know truth.

... scripture [JudgeRightly] can not understand.
:think:
... not I that is displaying blowhard ...

...not showing... Christian faith today. You[']r[e] unable...Lon. Enjoy this life, it might be the only life you get.
EVERY cult tells me they are going to heaven and I'm not. EVERY LAST ONE! You ALL can't be right! So weird. Such a tragic flimsy arrow in your arsenal. What for? Simply to try to have "God on MY side!" You are into yourself more than my Savior, God. Sad days. When is the last time I tried to make you believe you were going to the fires of hell? NICE attack here, Bob. Are you proud? What did The Lord Jesus Christ say to the Sons of Thunder for wanting to call down fire? Luke 9:54-55
...I never attempted to offend folks... they are just not educated in theology
:plain:

Pierac

[JESUS]Christ[/JESUS] on a White Horse
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And [JESUS]He[/JESUS] who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness [JESUS]He[/JESUS] judges and makes war.[JESUS]His[/JESUS] eyes were like a flame of fire, and on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] head were many crowns. [JESUS]He[/JESUS] had a name written that no one knew except [JESUS]Himself[/JESUS].[JESUS]He[/JESUS] was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and [JESUS]His[/JESUS] name is called [JESUS]The Word of God[/JESUS].And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed [JESUS]Him[/JESUS] on white horses.Now out of [JESUS]His[/JESUS] mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it [JESUS]He[/JESUS] should strike the nations. And [JESUS]He Himself[/JESUS] will rule them with a rod of iron. [JESUS]He Himself[/JESUS] treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.And [JESUS]He[/JESUS] has on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] robe and on [JESUS]His[/JESUS] thigh a name written: [JESUS]KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS[/JESUS]. - Revelation 19:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation19:11-16&version=NKJV

The Word of God is a Person, not a thing or idea.

Thank you for making my point! The logos can not be both 2 in one as you suggest! Only one has the plan! The other follows like... Jesus said he did!!! SOooo … Do you want me to post Jesus saying such so to make you look the fool? Are you willing to stop posting like you know what your talking about? Do You even know of scripture Showing Jesus has a GOD... and One whom tells him what to say and speak!

BTY read Rev chap 5... there is only one God and one man worthy to approach that God! The Lamb... not GOD! BUT The lamb OF God!

Yet you would already know this if you understood Rev chapter 1!

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Who gave him??? Silly child you still follow the teaching of men! When will you actually believe what you read in scripture???

Please keep posting so I can show others how you fail To see Jesus has a GOD!!!

Rev 3:12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

FOR ALL WHOM ARE CONFUSED>>>

You can not Be God... and then claim to have one... thus why so many fail in understanding the one true God!

Joh 5:24 "I tell you the solemn truth,the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life.

Joh 4:23 But a time is coming — and now is here — when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers.

Joh 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Thus eternal life!!! for all whom see...

SO... Silly child! This is not what you have been told to believe in your church... Right!! But what Jesus says to believe in scripture! Thus your path is to learn the truth... Or stay with the person teaching is just as stupid as you are! Your call!

Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Believe in the GOD of Jesus
:sherlock::poly:
Paul

Pierac

What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?

Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"? That's right: nowhere.

Really?

Allow me to show you!!!

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

See how easy it was to make you look stupid, in about 1 min of scripture searchs! Give me an hour and I will make you look like a fool!

Paul

Lon

See how easy it was to make you look stupid, in about 1 min of scripture searchs! Give me an hour and I will make you look like a fool!
Paul
Matthew 5:46

I've got you on ignore for statements like this and for some of your more basal and filthy language on TOL. I saw you reading from my other thread posts and had hopes something may have changed :(

You have to KNOW love, before love can reach you. Only God can change you, Paul. I cannot so I leave you on ignore.

Pierac

Matthew 5:46

I've got you on ignore for statements like this and for some of your more basal and filthy language on TOL. I saw you reading from my other thread posts and had hopes something may have changed :(

You have to KNOW love, before love can reach you. Only God can change you, Paul. I cannot so I leave you on ignore.

I understand you have no scripture to use to support what your told to believe. Thus the emotional response to fill the void! It's OK, I know you don't understand tough love! Love and truth is never easy for those who choose not to see. Just look at CNN

Sorry but you treat Keypurr like I treat you! get that log out of your eye.... Calling him a cult... CNN to the max!

Gods speed and love to you,
:poly:
Paul

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Really?

Allow me to show you!!!

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Paul

Thank you for quoting several passages of Scripture, every one of which is a passage which DOES NOT SAY "Jesus has a GOD"!

That's what YOU say: "Jesus has a GOD". SCRIPTURE, on the other hand, never says "Jesus has a GOD". That's why you fail. In about 1 second of Scripture searching, I found that Scripture never, not even once, says "Jesus has a GOD". When you tell me that Scripture says "Jesus has a GOD", all I have to do is look, within the very borders of your post, at the very excerpts from Scripture that you've just handed to me, to know that Pierac is flat out lying to me. See how easy it is for you to make yourself known to be a bald faced liar! Give yourself an hour, and you couldn't possibly become, nor look to be, more of a liar than you already look, and are, right this very minute.

And, so far, you've also entirely stonewalled against the question I asked you:

What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?

So far, nothing but very, very loud silence from you against that question.:)

keypurr

Thank you for quoting several passages of Scripture, every one of which is a passage which DOES NOT SAY "Jesus has a GOD"!

That's what YOU say: "Jesus has a GOD". SCRIPTURE, on the other hand, never says "Jesus has a GOD". That's why you fail. In about 1 second of Scripture searching, I found that Scripture never, not even once, says "Jesus has a GOD". When you tell me that Scripture says "Jesus has a GOD", all I have to do is look, within the very borders of your post, at the very excerpts from Scripture that you've just handed to me, to know that Pierac is flat out lying to me. See how easy it is for you to make yourself known to be a bald faced liar! Give yourself an hour, and you couldn't possibly become, nor look to be, more of a liar than you already look, and are, right this very minute.

And, so far, you've also entirely stonewalled against the question I asked you:

So far, nothing but very, very loud silence from you against that question.:)

You must be one of Lon's star students.

keypurr

:think: EVERY cult tells me they are going to heaven and I'm not. EVERY LAST ONE! You ALL can't be right! So weird. Such a tragic flimsy arrow in your arsenal. What for? Simply to try to have "God on MY side!" You are into yourself more than my Savior, God. Sad days. When is the last time I tried to make you believe you were going to the fires of hell? NICE attack here, Bob. Are you proud? What did The Lord Jesus Christ say to the Sons of Thunder for wanting to call down fire? Luke 9:54-55
:plain:

TRUTH should not be offensive. It is to you Lon.

Trust in the Lord Lon, Satan has no power over me. But you should worry.

Lon

TRUTH should not be offensive. It is to you Lon.
:doh: You make stuff up, Robert! What in the world caused you to write this?

Trust in the Lord Lon, Satan has no power over me. But you should worry.
You are a weirdo, judging men's hearts and future destinations over this disagreement. No wonder you get into trouble and get infractions. Can't you carry on a conversation without jumping to "you better watch out when you disagree with ME!"?

What is wrong with you? Where is your heart? :idunno:

You must be one of Lon's star students.
Are you TRYING to be carnal and fleshly???

Are your ideas so precious that they cannot be assaulted or questioned???

How secure can you possibly be doing this kind of stuff and arguing so underhandedly?

:confused:

Lon

I understand you have no scripture to use to support what your told to believe. Thus the emotional response to fill the void! It's OK, I know you don't understand tough love! Love and truth is never easy for those who choose not to see. Just look at CNN

Sorry but you treat Keypurr like I treat you! get that log out of your eye.... Calling him a cult... CNN to the max!

Gods speed and love to you,
:poly:
Paul
Was ▲THIS▲ supposed to be your spiritual man writing this? Was ▲THIS▲ supposed to be from a caring man concerned with souls???

I still can't read you, Paul. Nothing has changed. I have not treated him poorly and he is against orthodox Christianity so 'cult' by definition. You took that with offense? I am orthodox. How could cult be applied? How could that be a log??? Do you return evil for evil (real or imagined)? Romans 12:17 1 Peter 3:9

Where is 'love to me?'

keypurr

:doh: You make stuff up, Robert! What in the world caused you to write this?

You are a weirdo, judging men's hearts and future destinations over this disagreement. No wonder you get into trouble and get infractions. Can't you carry on a conversation without jumping to "you better watch out when you disagree with ME!"?

What is wrong with you? Where is your heart? :idunno:

Are you TRYING to be carnal and fleshly???

Are your ideas so precious that they cannot be assaulted or questioned???

How secure can you possibly be doing this kind of stuff and arguing so underhandedly?

:confused:

I don't need your trying to put words in my mouth Lon. Your twisting my words like you twist scripture.

I don't need your friendship any more than I need snakes in my grass. Your unable to see the difference between God and his CREATIONS because you would rather follow the mass than Christ. You have no clue what the express image is. Good luck to you.