Is Jesus God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not believe in the pre-existence of Jesus, but that he is literally the Son of God because God the Father is His father in the conception / birth process and Mary was His mother Matthew 1:20-21, Luke 1:34-35, John 1:14. Just as any child that has been born, we do not think of the child pre-existing, so with Jesus He was conceived and born and grew in wisdom and understanding Luke 2:40,52.

Do you believe that Jesus was anointed as the Christ?

"Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:1-4)

TrevorL

Greetings Jamie,
Do you believe that Jesus was anointed as the Christ?
Yes, and He is now exalted and has been made both Lord and Christ sitting at the right hand of the One God, His Father Psalm 110:1,Acts 2:34-35,36.
"Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:1-4)
The Rock in the wilderness was a literal Rock existing there before Moses struck it. You must have a wild and vivid imagination to believe that the so-called "pre-existent Jesus" transformed Himself from the Second Person of the Trinity into a literal static Rock in order to allow water to pour forth for a number of years. Rather the language is figurative, depicting that He is the source of the Water of Life NOW. The Rock thus represented Christ, just as nearly every other object in the Tabernacle represented Jesus. He is the Lampstand, the Bread, the Incense Altar, the Vail, the Ark of the Covenant, the Mercy Seat, the Rod that Budded, the Most Holy.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

No.
God called him prophet.
God called him servant.
He called himself a man, a messenger and prophet.
Apostles called him a prophet, a man and servant of God.
He relates everything on earth and haven to the will of God.
The church called him God.

Take your pick.

Jesus was with God in the beginning and is God.
The Word was God and became flesh.

Fred Eans

BANNED
Banned
Is Jesus God? The prime answer to this is John, Chapter One. Yes is the answer. I have found the longer you study the Bible, the more fundamentals you learn. It is like a puzzle that you fit the pieces together. The two main characters are God and Satan. Satan has about 75 or more identifications according to the subject matter, the name is used, it becomes an I.D. That you can count on. God, the entire Bible is His I.D. When you refer to a specific I.D., you can refer to it as an Office, to help with understanding the depth of the Character. Satan, was Lucifer; the sin of Pride caused him to war with God. That war continues today. So Satan became the son of perdition (an office). Another of his offices is,”god”, in his own mind (spirit); and so on. God’s Plan as set forth in the Word, to help us understand, He must fill many Offices. He has the need to make these portrayals in human terms, bringing Himself down to the human level. When you begin to understand this, wisdom begins; i.e. God’s Offices, tells God’s Plan. I must stop this here, I hope you get the jest of this. Any questions will allow the introduction to the many offices for each Character. Thank you. Fred Eans.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus is God the Father with a body.

There is only one God, and He is the Father.
Jesus was God and came in the flesh as a man.

You keep saying things like the above, but then you say the following:

Jesus was then given all authority.

Why, if, according to you, Jesus is the Father, would he need to be given all authority? Does the Father not have all authority?

Who did Jesus, who you claim to be the Father, receive His authority from? Himself?

God's Truth

Why, if, according to you, Jesus is the Father, would he need to be given all authority? Does the Father not have all authority?
Because he really came as a man and didn't pretend.
Who did Jesus, who you claim to be the Father, receive His authority from? Himself?

Jesus is God the Father come as a son in the flesh.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because he really came as a man and didn't pretend.

Jesus is God the Father come as a son in the flesh.

Neither of those statements answer my question.

GT, let me ask you plainly: Who did Jesus receive His authority from if He is God the Father come in the flesh?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Mr. Raven wrote:

Where does the Father ever say He is not God?

Now, by the pronoun, 'He', I take it Mr. Raven was referring to Jesus, inasmuch as he was responding to your assertion that "Jesus is not God". In other words, he was confronting you with the rhetorical question: "Where does the Father ever say Jesus is not God?"

In responding to what Mr. Raven wrote, you said:

Does He have to?

By this, did you not mean, "Does the Father have to say that Jesus is not God?"

At least you admit that you did not receive your doctrine (that Jesus is not God) from God. That's Bright Raven's point: you didn't get your doctrine (that Jesus is not God) from the Bible. Now, here is just one of many, many Bible verses in which God does not affirm your doctrine (that Jesus is not God):

Mark 1:1 KJV The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

By admitting, what you and I both know, that God never says that Jesus is not God, you are admitting that, in Mark 1:1 KJV, by affirming Jesus Christ to be the Son of God, God is NOT affirming that Jesus is not God.

So, when you write:

There is an abundance of scripture that identifies Jesus Christ to be the son of God.

...what's your point? Every Christian believes Jesus is the Son of God, and, apparently, as exemplified by you, some anti-Christians profess to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Anyway, the truth you admit--that God never says that Jesus is not God--necessarily entails that, in every, single passage of Scripture in which God "identifies Jesus Christ to be the son of God", one thing He is NOT saying, therein, is that Jesus is not God.

God is the author of scripture, not me.

Since, as you admit, God, the Author of Scripture, never says that Jesus is not God, please tell us whence you derive your extra-Biblical doctrine that Jesus is not God. Who is the author of your doctrine that Jesus is not God?

Instead of finding excuses for not believing the scriptures, why not seek to learn to believe what is written and quit stewing about what is not written?

We observe your admission that, so long as one believes that Jesus is not God, he/she is believing something that God never said, never wrote. Amen! Now, the doctrine you believe, and cherish--that Jesus is not God--is, as you say, "not written"; at least, it's not written in Scripture--it's not written by God. So, by your own admission, you are all about promulgating an un-Scriptural doctrine, so long as you are promulgating the doctrine that Jesus is not God.

Since, as you admit, God never said that Jesus is not God, why, then, do you say that Jesus is not God? Since you admit that God doesn't say that Jesus is not God, please tell us who, or what, you consider to be your "authority" for believing the un-Scriptural doctrine that Jesus is not God.

How important would you say it is for people to believe your un-Scriptural doctrine, that Jesus is not God? Would you say it is an offense to God for people to neglect to believe your admittedly un-Scriptural doctrine, that Jesus is not God? Since God, as you admit, never said that Jesus is not God, what complaint would He have against those who refuse to believe your doctrine that Jesus is not God?

He is not "God the Son" a term that scripture never uses to describe Jesus Christ.

• Jesus, the Son of God, is, indeed, God the Son.
  • So far as I can tell, Scripture never uses the phrase, "Jesus the man". Only a fool would say that, that being the case, it must follow that Jesus is not man. Just the same, only a fool could think, or pretend to think, that absence, in Scripture, of the phrase, "God the Son", entails that Jesus, the Son of God, is not God.

Again, you're admitting that you believe a doctrine that is NOT taught in Scripture: that Jesus is not God the Son. But, since, being a non-Christian, you're so arrogantly self-righteous, you're eager to cavil against Christians because they refuse to join you in your belief of that un-Scriptural falsehood.

7djengo7

Nothing is impossible with God.

Hi, Betsy. Some things, indeed, are impossible with God. For instance, whereas God knows the truth that every triangle has three sides, it is impossible for God to know the false proposition that some triangles have more than three sides.

7djengo7

Greetings Bright Raven, Jesus is not God, but he is the Son of God. The following is a good starting point as a first consideration, Jesus is the Son of God because God the Father is his father, and Mary is his mother in the conception / birth process.

"Jesus is the Son of God BECAUSE....Mary is his mother..."???

Really? Jesus' having been miraculously conceived in and born from the virgin Mary's womb contributed to Jesus' being the Son of God?? Do you, then, call Mary "God"? In order to be the only begotten Son of God, Jesus had to be born from a human womb??

• The miraculous, immaculate conception of Jesus, in the virgin Mary's womb is Bible Truth.
  • That Jesus is the only begotten Son of God is Bible Truth.
  • That the Son of God's being the Son of God is in some way, or to some degree, owing to the Son of God's being born from a human womb is as ridiculously irrational as it is particularly anti-Christ falsehood.
If I'm not mistaken, Jesus is the Son of Man BECAUSE He was born of the womb of Mary, a woman, a human. Jesus' being the Son of God is not the least bit derived from the human, Mary, nor from the fact of His being conceived in, and born from, her womb.

Luke 1:34–35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Notice that it is not written, "...therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall BE the Son of God", but, rather, what is written is "...therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be CALLED the Son of God."

There is not, in that passage, nor anywhere else in Scripture, even the slightest shred of a hint of an affirmation that, at the time of the conception of Jesus in Mary's womb (or any other point in time), the Son of God was caused to come into being.

There is One God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

What's your point? Trinitarians believe that there is one God the Father, just as there is one God the Son, and one God the Spirit; we do not think there are multiple Gods the Father, just as we do not think there are multiple Gods the Son, nor multiple Gods the Spirit. God the Father is one of the three persons of the Triune God, just as is God the Son one of them, and as is God the Spirit. Saying "There is One God the Father" is not the least bit anti-Trinitarian. One of the insurmountable, embarrassing problems by which your doctrine is plagued is that nowhere in Scripture can you find it said that only God the Father is God, just as you cannot find it said (as the anti-Trinitarian TOL member called "oatmeal" admits) that Jesus is not God.