Is Jesus God?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The proof that what you say is not truth are the scriptures, and the defiant practices of the Catholics.

Nonsense.

You know, when you have 3 different people of three different Christian persuasions all saying that you are wrong or a heretic, maybe its time for you to look inwardly instead of accusing everybody else of being wrong.

Its probably also time for a name change.

God's Truth

I call it the way I see it. Your beliefs are in direct opposition to orthodox Christianity. You have know idea what Christianity is all about. It is a personal relationship with the Son of God who was sent by the Father to provide a solution to the problem of sin.. The Father is not the Son or the Spirit. The Son is not the Father or the Spirit. The Spirit is not the father or the Son. Change your theology and get it right.

I come to speak my beliefs and prove it with scripture. We already know what you think of me.

As for you saying Jesus is not the Father and not the Spirit, here are scriptures for you to consider carefully:

The scripture that says the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and withhold some of the proceeds from the land? 4 Did it not belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How could you conceive such a deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God!”

There is only one God and he is the Father---there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT and that ONE SPIRIT is God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

GOD IS SPIRIT.

23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

I have proved with scripture that there is only one divine Spirit, and that Spirit is God the Father and Jesus Christ the Lord.

Since God the Father is Spirit, and Jesus Christ is that Spirit---then they are one and the same.

Jesus is the exact same as God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Nonsense.

You know, when you have 3 different people of three different Christian persuasions all saying that you are wrong or a heretic, maybe its time for you to look inwardly instead of accusing everybody else of being wrong.

Its probably also time for a name change.

I don't share your beliefs and it's not possible for me to be bullied into sharing it.

God's Truth

That is not Scripture. Scripture states their is one God expressed in three persons.

They are all the same one God.
The word 'God' is not three different and separate persons making one.
God is one: Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

One even means 'the same'.

God's Truth

Did you not just say this?

You're the one claiming that the Father came as a man and said those very words, that He has not yet ascended to quote, "My God and your God."

Which is why I'm confused as to why you would try to argue that the Father, who you claim came as a man, would say that He has a God above Him.

What you said above contradicts scripture, which is why Raven called you a heretic, because asserting things that contradict scripture as doctrine is heresy.

So would you like to retract this heretical argument that God the Father came as a man and said "My God and your God"?

No argument there.

But now you're evading.

Your argument was that the Father said "My God and your God". Would you like to retract that heretical claim?

God the Father is the one and only God.

Jesus is that one and only God come as a man.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is only one God and he is the Father---there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT and that ONE SPIRIT is God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
This is where you err. God is Triune; Father , Son and Holy Spirit. How can you say there is only one God the Father and then in the same breath claim one spirit who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That makes no sense at all. Try to wrap your mind around the thought The Father is God. Jesus and the Father are one. Jesus is God and as Acts says The Holy Spirit is God. Then your second statement makes sense.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are all the same one God.
The word 'God' is not three different and separate persons making one.
God is one: Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

One even means 'the same'.

That is the point. The three persons of the Trinity are the one God!

God's Truth

This is where you err. God is Triune; Father , Son and Holy Spirit. How can you say there is only one God the Father and then in the same breath claim one spirit who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That makes no sense at all. Try to wrap your mind around the thought The Father is God. Jesus and the Father are one. Jesus is God and as Acts says The Holy Spirit is God. Then your second statement makes sense.

I gave scriptures.

God's Truth

That is the point. The three persons of the Trinity are the one God!

The trinity doctrine says the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are SEPARATE and DIFFERENT.

The Father and Son and Holy Spirit are NOT different and separate.

In fact, Jesus says he ONLY SAYS and DOES what the Father says and does; and, when you see Jesus, you have seen the Father.

The scriptures even say the Lord is the Spirit.

When a saved person receives the Spirit, they receive the Spirit of the Father, they receive Jesus himself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The trinity doctrine says the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are SEPARATE and DIFFERENT.

The Father and Son and Holy Spirit are NOT different and separate.

In fact, Jesus says he ONLY SAYS and DOES what the Father says and does; and, when you see Jesus, you have seen the Father.

The scriptures even say the Lord is the Spirit.

When a saved person receives the Spirit, they receive the Spirit of the Father, they receive Jesus himself.

From gotquestions.org

When we talk about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as being “Persons,” we do not mean they are human beings or that they are like mankind in any way. In our everyday language, though, that is how the word person is often used, so it is understandable that some confusion surrounds references to the three “Persons” of the Trinity.

When we talk about God, we are using the word Person to show that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each have personhood or personality. That is, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each have intellect, emotion, and volition. Any being with rationality, emotion, and a will can be considered a person; thus, human beings are persons, but so are angelic beings and the Divine Being. The definition of person cannot include physicality for the simple reason that human beings do not cease to be persons after death. A dead person’s body is left behind to decay, but his true self—his personhood—lives on in either heaven or hell.

When we speak of God existing in three Persons, we mean that God’s existence is comprised of three distinct centers of intellect, emotion, and will. Each Person of the Trinity had a unique role in creation and in the salvation of mankind. The Holy Spirit is unique and is not the Father or the Son (He proceeds from the Father and the Son, John 15:26). The Father and the Son are also unique (when Jesus prayed to the Father, He was not praying to Himself, Luke 23:34). Each is God, but each is a separate “Person.” Using the word person is one of the only ways our language has to describe this concept.

All three Persons of the Trinity comprise the one, perfectly unified God. They share the same nature and essence, and they are all the same God, but each individual Person of the Trinity is distinct and unique. The fact that God exists in three Persons is important for several reasons. For instance, God is love (1 John 4:8). But, in eternity past, before God created any other being, could He have truly been love? That is, can love exist where there is no one to be loved? Because God exists in three co-equal, co-eternal Persons, love exists, too. Eternal love has been expressed eternally among the Persons of the Godhead. The Father, Son, and Spirit have always loved each other, and so love is eternal.

Once we lay aside the notion that a “person” can only be a “human person,” we can more readily understand how God can correctly be said to exist in three “Persons.”

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus is God the Father come as a son.
So who did Jesus receive His authority from?

You are aware, are you not, that one can only give authority to those who are below them, right? So who was above Jesus aka "God the Father come as a son" who gave Him authority?

God's Truth

So who did Jesus receive His authority from?

You are aware, are you not, that one can only give authority to those who are below them, right? So who was above Jesus aka "God the Father come as a son" who gave Him authority?

When God the Father cane as a son, He lowered Himself.

God's Truth

From gotquestions.org

When we talk about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as being “Persons,” we do not mean they are human beings or that they are like mankind in any way. In our everyday language, though, that is how the word person is often used, so it is understandable that some confusion surrounds references to the three “Persons” of the Trinity.

When we talk about God, we are using the word Person to show that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each have personhood or personality. That is, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each have intellect, emotion, and volition.
They are exactly the same. They are interchangeable, and always in agreement. When one says something, so do the other two.

From gotquestions.org
Any being with rationality, emotion, and a will can be considered a person; thus, human beings are persons, but so are angelic beings and the Divine Being. The definition of person cannot include physicality for the simple reason that human beings do not cease to be persons after death. A dead person’s body is left behind to decay, but his true self—his personhood—lives on in either heaven or hell.

When we speak of God existing in three Persons, we mean that God’s existence is comprised of three distinct centers of intellect, emotion, and will. Each Person of the Trinity had a unique role in creation and in the salvation of mankind. The Holy Spirit is unique and is not the Father or the Son (He proceeds from the Father and the Son, John 15:26). The Father and the Son are also unique (when Jesus prayed to the Father, He was not praying to Himself, Luke 23:34). Each is God, but each is a separate “Person.” Using the word person is one of the only ways our language has to describe this concept.

All three Persons of the Trinity comprise the one, perfectly unified God. They share the same nature and essence, and they are all the same God, but each individual Person of the Trinity is distinct and unique. The fact that God exists in three Persons is important for several reasons. For instance, God is love (1 John 4:8). But, in eternity past, before God created any other being, could He have truly been love? That is, can love exist where there is no one to be loved? Because God exists in three co-equal, co-eternal Persons, love exists, too. Eternal love has been expressed eternally among the Persons of the Godhead. The Father, Son, and Spirit have always loved each other, and so love is eternal.

Once we lay aside the notion that a “person” can only be a “human person,” we can more readily understand how God can correctly be said to exist in three “Persons.”

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
We have god the father introduced in every epistle, and we have the holy spirit as the same person in Ephesians 4:30 and 1Th 4:8; but we have no such thing with God's son. There is no God the son. Faulty translation and interpretation can explain certain passages which have not been retranslated since Tyndale.

God's Truth

Is your doctrine down in black and white anywhere, or is it just a delusion of your mind?

It is in the scriptures.

I used to be a trinitarian until I was in a debate with a person who didn't even believe Jesus was God.
I have a powerful testimony when Jesus himself saved me and came to live in my heart.
When I was studying the scriptures, I came to John 14:23.
That scripture is Jesus saying that when a person is saved, they receive one Spirit, and it is Jesus himself living in the person, and the Father too.

betsy123

A triangle, by definition, has three sides.

It's not possible to have a triangle that is four sided, or two sided, or any other number of sides other than three.

Yes, thank you.

Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
Hi, Betsy. Some things, indeed, are impossible with God. For instance, whereas God knows the truth that every triangle has three sides, it is impossible for God to know the false proposition that some triangles have more than three sides.

My question though is why would it be impossible for God to know what false propositions are.