Is Jesus God?

God's Truth

The Father is not the Son.

There is only one God and He is the Father.

Jesus is exactly like the Father.

In fact, when a person receives the Holy Spirit they receive the Father and Jesus, yet only one Spirit.

They are one and one means 'the same'.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is only one God and He is the Father.

Jesus is exactly like the Father.

In fact, when a person receives the Holy Spirit they receive the Father and Jesus, yet only one Spirit.

They are one and one means 'the same'.
The Father is not a man. The Son is a man.

betsy123

What do you think? Present Scripture for your answer whether negative or positive

Yes! Jesus is God - as human!

There are countless verses in the Bible that reveal this - and I say "countless," because every now and then, I still come across verses that I've missed before.

As an example, Genesis 1 and John 1 support one another!

In Genesis 1, the concept of the Triune God is introduced.

Genesis 1

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (The Father/Creator)
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Holy Spirit)
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. (The WORD)

Take note that in every creation event, this phrase is used: GOD SAID.
God spoke His creation into existence.

That is explained in John 1:

John 1

The Word Became Flesh (Jesus)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (They are One and the Same)
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (because Jesus was
THE WORD in the beginning - God spoke the creation into existence)

Spartan

There are countless verses in the Bible that reveal this - and I say "countless," because every now and then, I still come across verses that I've missed before.

Genesis 1

The Beginning
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Holy Spirit)

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (They are One and the Same)
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (because Jesus was

Excellent analysis, Betsy!

Spartan

The Deity of Jesus Christ in Scripture

1. Jesus existed in the beginning (John 1:1; Philip 2:6; Rev. 19:13; Micah 5:2).
2. He was with God (John 1:1).
3. He is God, the Son (John 1:1; Rom. 9:5; Heb. 1:8, 10; I John 5:20).
4. He is God manifest in the flesh (John 20:28; I Tim. 3:16; Col. 2:9; Acts 20:28; Heb. 1:8).
5. He is God foretold (Isaiah 9:6; Psalm 45:6).
6. He is Immanuel, God with us (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23).
7. He is the true God (I John 5:20 with Titus 2:13; Romans 9:5).
8. He is the great God (Titus 2:13).
9. He is God our Savior (II Peter 1:1).
10. He existed in the form of God before His incarnation and was equal with God the Father (Philippians 2:5-7)
11. He is the only wise God (Jude 25).
12. He is omnipotent over disease. (Matthew 8:1-4; Luke 4:39)
13. He is omnipotent over demons. (Matthew 8:16-17; Luke 4:35)
14. He is omnipotent over nature. ((Matthew 8:26)
15. He is omnipotent over death. (Luke 7:14-15; John 11:25)
16. He is omniscient, knowing the hearts of the Pharisees. (Matthew 12:25; Luke 5:22; 6:8; 7:39-40)
17. He knew the thoughts of the scribes. (Matthew 9:3-4)
18. He knew the history of the Samaritan woman. (John 4:24)
19. He is omnipresent. (Matthew 18:20; 28:20; John 3:13; 14:20)
20. He was worshiped as God by the angels (Hebrews 1:6); worshiped as God by the wise men (Matthew 2:2); worshiped as God by the shepherds (Luke 2:15); worshiped as God by a ruler (Matthew 9:18); worshiped as God by Thomas (John 20:28); worshiped as God by the apostles (Matthew 14:33;28:9)
21. He forgives sins. (Mark 2:5)
22. He saves (only God saves). Matthew 18:11; John 10:28).
23. He judges. (John 5:22)
24. Paul, Peter, Jude, James, and John called Him God. (Galatians 2:20; 1 Peter 3:22; Jude 25; James 2:1; I John 5:20; Revelation 1:18; 19:16)
25. He is God’s Son, who was sent to bring us eternal life. (John 3:16)
26. He arose from death in the flesh (John 20:26-28; Luke 24:39-43; I John 4:2-3).
27. One with the Father (John 10:30).

Oleander

No.
God called him prophet.
God called him servant.
He called himself a man, a messenger and prophet.
Apostles called him a prophet, a man and servant of God.
He relates everything on earth and haven to the will of God.
The church called him God.

Take your pick.

Spartan

No.
God called him prophet.
God called him servant.
He called himself a man, a messenger and prophet.
Apostles called him a prophet, a man and servant of God.
He relates everything on earth and haven to the will of God.
The church called him God.

Take your pick.

There's much more to it than that. The Bible is clear that Jesus is Jehovah God. Here are over two dozen scriptural examples that support that claim:

https://righterreport.com/2011/09/29/jesus-must-be-jehovah-god/

Excerpts:

"Jehovah is the “stumbling stone” of Israel (Isaiah 8:13-15). Jesus is the “stumbling stone” of Israel (1 Peter 2:6-8). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the great Judge who gives life to whom he wishes and who renders to each man “according” to his “deeds” (Psalm 98:9; Deuteronomy 32:39; Jeremiah 17:9-10). Jesus is the only judge who gives life to whom he wishes and renders to each man “according” to his “deeds” (John 5:21-22; Revelation 2:18, 23). Jesus must be Jehovah.

Jehovah is the great “shepherd” who leads his people to “the spring of the water of life” (Psalm 23:1-2; Revelation 21:6-7). Jesus as the “shepherd” of His people, leads them “to springs of the water of life” (John 10:11-18; Revelation 7:17). THERE IS ONLY ONE SHEPHERD –John 10:16.

Jehovah is “Lord of Lords” (Deuteronomy 10:17). Jesus is “Lord of Lords.” (Revelation 17:14; 19:16). The Father is Lord of all (Matthew 11:25; Acts 17:24). Jesus is “Lord of all.” (Acts 10:36). THERE IS ONLY ONE LORD (Jude 4)."

keypurr

Genesis 1

The Beginning

John 1

Why do you assume these verses are about Jesus?

TrevorL

Greetings betsy123 (and Greetings again Bright Raven),
Who do you think John 1 is talking about?
John 1:1, 14 directly state that Jesus is God
The following is a repeat of my post #18 which was in answer to Bright Raven. I am not sure if Bright Raven read this as he may have been busy, but I repeat it here in response to your post:
Different to many non-Trinitarians I do not believe that it is speaking of Jesus in John 1:1, but that “the Word” is a personification similar to the Wise Woman “Wisdom” in Proverbs 8. Jesus is revealed in John 1:14 and this is not speaking of his physical glory, but his moral glory, he was full of grace and truth.

There is a connection between John 1:14 and the following:
Exodus 34:5–7 (KJV): 5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, 7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
Moses had asked to see the Glory of Yahweh, and this was revealed in physical glory that Moses could not fully behold, and also the declaration of the above moral glory. The phrase “abundant in goodness and truth” is similar to or a direct connection with "full of grace and truth", the character revealed in Jesus during his ministry. Thus John 1:1 is not talking about a separate physical being, but the moral character of God, the thoughts and plans of God, and the wisdom behind God’s spoken word and all of this finds its focus in God's Son.

Please consider the partial personification of God’s “word” in the following:
Psalm 33:6,9 (KJV): 6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. 9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
Isaiah 55:8–11 (KJV): 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Another aspect of John 1:14 is that the moral glory revealed in Jesus is attributable to the fact that Jesus is the only begotten of the Father. Trinitarians avoid this, or try to replace this with another idea, but this refers to the fact that God the Father was the father of Jesus Christ, and the other two Gospel records reveal this truth Matthew 1:20-21 and Luke 1:34-35. The physical glory of Jesus was temporarily revealed at the Mount of Transfiguration and was not part of Jesus during his ministry.

Also note that John 1:14 says that the Word was made flesh. It does not say that God the Son added flesh to His existing Divinity, making him a God-man. All that the Word was became focused and complete in Jesus the Son of God. There is One God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor