LUKE 1:6 RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD

DougE

Luke 1:5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Zacharias and Elisabeth walked in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord and were said to be blameless and righteous as a result.

Israel was given the law and the commandments for righteousness. Righteousness should have been by the law (Galatians 3:21).

Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

It was required of Israel to be righteous to enter the prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth (Daniel 2:44).

Israel which followed after the law of righteousness has not attained to the law of righteousness (Romans 9:31). Israel was unable to be righteous on their own.

Revelation 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

It can be seen from Revelation 19:8 however, that there would be those who are righteous.
Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The Spirit of God caused Israel to do all that was commanded to be righteous and enter the kingdom to rule and reign with Christ (Revelation 20:6).

beloved57

douge

Luke 1:5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Zacharias and Elisabeth walked in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord and were said to be blameless and righteous as a result.

They were righteous and blameless because they were in Christ.

DougE

douge

Hello
I don't think so....Christ had not appeared yet....when he did, those who believed he is the Christ, the Son of God were put into Christ.
I think they were, as Paul said, blameless in seeking the righteousness which is in the law (Philippians 3:6).
This righteousness however, was not the righteousness that could be found to be unto justification unto eternal life.

Nanja

douge

Amen Brother, for that is what answers to the Purpose of our Election in Him:

Eph. 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame [blameless] before him in love:

And the same Chosen ones are Abraham's Seed:

Gen. 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

And so, all those who were Chosen In Christ to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love, are the same ones exclusively which were made Righteous by Christ's Life and Death on their behalf.

Rom. 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous [Gr. dikaioi; keeping the commands of God].

beloved57

Hello
I don't think so....Christ had not appeared yet....when he did, those who believed he is the Christ, the Son of God were put into Christ.
I think they were, as Paul said, blameless in seeking the righteousness which is in the law (Philippians 3:6).
This righteousness however, was not the righteousness that could be found to be unto justification unto eternal life.

He may not had appeared yet, however He existed before all things, and all things were made by and for Him Col 1:14-17

[FONT=&quot]14 in whom we have redemption through his blood, eventhe forgiveness of sins: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.[/FONT]

beloved57

Amen Brother, for that is what answers to the Purpose of our Election in Him:

Eph. 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame [blameless] before him in love:

And the same Chosen ones are Abraham's Seed:

Gen. 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

And so, all those who were Chosen In Christ to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love, are the same ones exclusively which were made Righteous by Christ's Life and Death on their behalf.

Rom. 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous [Gr. dikaioi; keeping the commands of God].

Amen !

DougE

He may not had appeared yet, however He existed before all things, and all things were made by and for Him Col 1:14-17

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]14 [/B][/FONT]in whom we have redemption through his blood, [I]eventhe forgiveness of sins: [/I][/FONT][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]15 [/B][/FONT]who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]16 [/B][/FONT]for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [I]they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: [B]all things were created by him, and for him: [/B][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][B][I][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="]17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.[/FONT][/I][/B][/I]

Hello
But there is a difference between old testament believers and those in Christ. This can be seen in the different resurrections. 1 Corinthians 15:23 All those in Christ Revelation 20:6 The old testament saints will be in the first resurrection and will reign in the kingdom a thousand years

They all had faith so it's not the main thing

beloved57

douge

But there is a difference between old testament believers and those in Christ.

No its not. Old Testament Believers believed on Christ to come, New Testament Believers believe on Christ that has came !

beloved57

Hello
Old testament saints believed God and what was revealed to them at that time.

Like i posted earlier Ot Saints believed in Christ who was to come. Moses wrote of Christ Jn 5:46

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Also Abraham saw His Day and was Glad Jn 8:56

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

And the Nt Saints believe in Christ who has come!