Saved Statis Can Be Revoked

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your Saved Statis Can Be Revoked

Matt 18:23-35
23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 "And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 "But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26 "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27 "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29 "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30 "And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31 "So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32 "Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34 "And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
Gal 5:1-15
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.
9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.
12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!
13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
John 12:24-25
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx You can be saved and loose it. You can be disqualified. You can fall from grace. You can also fall short of salvation.

Matt 25:1-12

1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
(NKJ)

[Gen 19:20-26
[20] "See now, this city [is] near [enough] to flee to, and it [is] a little one; please let me escape there ([is] it not a little one?) and my soul shall live."
[21] And he said to him, "See, I have favored you concerning this thing also, in that I will not overthrow this city for which you have spoken.
[22] "Hurry, escape there. For I cannot do anything until you arrive there." Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
[23] The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar.
[24] Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.
[25] So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.
[26] But his wife looked back behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

oatmeal

Your Saved Statis Can Be Revoked

Matt 18:23-35
23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 "And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 "But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26 "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27 "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29 "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30 "And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31 "So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32 "Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34 "And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
Gal 5:1-15
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.
9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.
12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!
13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
John 12:24-25
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx You can be saved and loose it. You can be disqualified. You can fall from grace. You can also fall short of salvation.

Matt 25:1-12

1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
(NKJ)

[Gen 19:20-26
[20] "See now, this city [is] near [enough] to flee to, and it [is] a little one; please let me escape there ([is] it not a little one?) and my soul shall live."
[21] And he said to him, "See, I have favored you concerning this thing also, in that I will not overthrow this city for which you have spoken.
[22] "Hurry, escape there. For I cannot do anything until you arrive there." Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
[23] The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar.
[24] Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.
[25] So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.
[26] But his wife looked back behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

Well, the gift of eternal life is eternal, not temporary or dependent on our behavior.

Jesus Christ died for our sins, including the ones that we might do after we receive salvation, a gift.

God does not steal back what He gave to us. and since it is eternal, guess what, it is eternal

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
ONLY CHRISTIANS IF? ONLY LOVED IF? ONLY REDEEMED IF? IF IS A CONDITION

Heb 3:5-6
5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
Eph 4:21
21 IF indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
1 Pet 4:17-18
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and IF it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now "IF the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
Heb 3:14
14 For we have become partakers of Christ IF we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
I Jn 1:8-10
8 IF we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 IF we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
I Jn 2:3-5
[3] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
John 15:10
10 "IF you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends IF you do whatever I command you.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments.
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For IF you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But IF you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
I Jn 5:3-4
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: IF anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and IF anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Matt 28:20
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
(NKJ)Col 1:23
23 IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
(NKJ)

xxx The IF's in the Word of God are conditions of love. There is no such thing as unconditional love. God says He will(not is) but will be a Father to us. If has always been one of the biggest conditions for love in God. God will love you IF.

2 Cor 6:14-18
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

2 Pet 1:5-10
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
(NKJ)

Gal 3:29
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

John 15:7
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

John 6:65
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
(NKJ)

Luke 13:3
3 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
(NKJ)

Luke 13:5
5 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Salvation cannot be lost.

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

2 Corinthians 1:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Squeaky, who are you to say that we can loose something that is "promised" by God. Who can unseal something that is given by the Spirit. Show me Book, Chapter and verse where it says a believer can be unsealed.

Truster

Supposed salvation that has been supposedly attained by the will and feeble power of man is failing at an extraordinary rate. Which is to be expected.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Salvation cannot be lost.

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

2 Corinthians 1:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Squeaky, who are you to say that we can loose something that is "promised" by God. Who can unseal something that is given by the Spirit. Show me Book, Chapter and verse where it says a believer can be unsealed.

I said
Every promise in the bible is with an IF. IF you say you have salvation and dont keep His commandments you are a liar.

[1Jo 2:4
[4] He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Salvation- Is Progressive
Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

xxx Progressional Salvation. I have never heard that before. But I like it. We know there is a milk understanding that is at a minimum three years long. And a meat understanding that is at a minimum of eleven years long. Then we have the revelations of Jesus Christ. Now salvation is for the obedient. As long as they dont become lukewarm, or fall away, or be disqualified, or fall short. Now baring all them complications. If one is always growing in their walk they have salvation. They are accepted according to what one has and not according to what one does not have. Their salvation is sealed when they come to the Day Of Rest.

[2Co 8:12
[12] For if there is first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to what one has, [and] not according to what he does not have.
[2Co 5:10
[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things [done] in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
[2Co 6:14-18
[14] Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
[15] And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
[16] And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among [them]. I will be their God, And they shall be My people."
[17] Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."
[18] "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."
[2Pe 3:14-18
[14] Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
[15] and consider [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
[16] as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable [people] twist to their own destruction, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures.
[17] You therefore, beloved, since you know [this] beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;
[18] but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him [be] the glory both now and forever. Amen.
THE MILK
[Gal 1:1, 11-12, 15-18
[1] Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), ...
[11] But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
[12] For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught [it], but [it came] through the revelation of Jesus Christ. ...
[15] But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called [me] through His grace,
[16] to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
[17] nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
[18] Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

THE MEAT
[Gal 2:1-2
[1] Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with [me].
[2] And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.

xxx Salvation is progressive. Its an on going walk of faith. Growing in the faith. And many will fall short, or be disqualified or fall from grace. They will loose their standing in their salvation. One goes through the 3 years of the milk understanding. Then they go throught the 11 years of the meat understanding then they have died to self. Now they are born again and start receiving the revelations of Jesus Christ. If they fall away at any time or come up short they loose their salvation.

[Heb 12:15
[15] looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

[1Co 9:27
[27] But I discipline my body and bring [it] into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
[2Co 13:5
[5] Examine yourselves [as to] whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.

[Gal 5:1, 4
[1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. ...
[4] You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

See also Salvation, saved, Growing in the Spirit,Grace, Fall From Grace
See also Salvation, saved, Growing in the Spirit,Grace, Fall From Grace

oatmeal

Salvation is not a license that God issues.

It is not a license to live until God revokes it.

What sins didn't Jesus Christ die for?

How about the sin of assuming that Jesus missed dying for one sin. Did Jesus die for all sins or not?

Salvation.

It is the gift of God.

He gave it to us.

It is now ours to live and enjoy.

Is God going to steal it from us?

Or is he happy that we believed to receive it?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is not a license that God issues.

It is not a license to live until God revokes it.

What sins didn't Jesus Christ die for?

How about the sin of assuming that Jesus missed dying for one sin. Did Jesus die for all sins or not?

Salvation.

It is the gift of God.

He gave it to us.

It is now ours to live and enjoy.

Is God going to steal it from us?

Or is he happy that we believed to receive it?

I said
I hope you know that everything is based on "IF".

nikolai_42

I said
Saved is temporary, salvation is eternal.

You've taken two english words, changed the part of speech of one of them and then read into the implications of each one.

Do you have any justification for comparing the two that way? Is Matthew 13:13 talking about something that can be revoked when it is specifically speaking about the end? Will it be revoked in eternity? Should we have an asterisk next to Matthew 16:16 that says he that believeth and is baptized might be saved? Because that's the implication you are reading into the text. Should we be double-minded about Acts 4:12?

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12

Because if we take your understanding and apply it the name of Jesus provides temporary salvation but also permanent salvation...

Acts 15:11 speaks of the future of someone who is already saved as being saved in the future as well as in the present.

So you see, trying to make salvation and saved have different upshots is only confusing the words of scripture.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You've taken two english words, changed the part of speech of one of them and then read into the implications of each one.

Do you have any justification for comparing the two that way? Is Matthew 13:13 talking about something that can be revoked when it is specifically speaking about the end? Will it be revoked in eternity? Should we have an asterisk next to Matthew 16:16 that says he that believeth and is baptized might be saved? Because that's the implication you are reading into the text. Should we be double-minded about Acts 4:12?

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12

Because if we take your understanding and apply it the name of Jesus provides temporary salvation but also permanent salvation...

Acts 15:11 speaks of the future of someone who is already saved as being saved in the future as well as in the present.

So you see, trying to make salvation and saved have different upshots is only confusing the words of scripture.

I said
The reason we get saved is so we can work out our salvation.

[Phl 2:12
[12] Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We cannot loose our salvation.

John 10:27-29 New Living Translation (NLT)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We cannot loose our salvation.

John 10:27-29 New Living Translation (NLT)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

I said
But one can fall from grace, be disqualified, or even fall short of salvation.