Jesus Christ chose to do the will of God instead of his own will.

oatmeal

Thats how false teachings and the doctrines of men get started, by someone making comments like yours nowhere taught in scripture.

Well, that can happen, however, since it is not plain to you what Jesus was praying for and why, then no amount of supporting scripture can help you.

What do you think he was praying about?

a. what to have for lunch the next day? He did not want to eat his spinach and broccoli?

b. He wanted an i phone and God wasn't going to get him one?

c. He was willing to do whatever God required of him but was asking for a less excruciating way to achieve God's will

Maybe you just don't know the pain and suffering he went through physically and mentally to purchase our salvation and redemption?

Read my post 51 for a brief sample of what he went through.

beloved57

Well, that can happen, however, since it is not plain to you what Jesus was praying for and why, then no amount of supporting scripture can help you.

What do you think he was praying about?

a. what to have for lunch the next day? He did not want to eat his spinach and broccoli?

b. He wanted an i phone and God wasn't going to get him one?

c. He was willing to do whatever God required of him but was asking for a less excruciating way to achieve God's will

Maybe you just don't know the pain and suffering he went through physically and mentally to purchase our salvation and redemption?

Read my post 51 for a brief sample of what he went through.

It sure can happen and you are a prime example of it.

beloved57

So still stalling?

Im not going to explain nothing to you, its a waste of my time and energy. My objective was to show how people make up their own fables and pass them off as bible teaching. I spend my energy in creating posts I want to discuss.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Im not going to explain nothing to you, its a waste of my time and energy. My objective was to show how people make up their own fables and pass them off as bible teaching. I spend my energy in creating posts I want to discuss.
If you're not interested in participating, then please leave the thread, or you will be kicked from it.

God's Truth

Jesus Christ, the son of God, obeyed his Father and God.

He chose to do not his own will but the will of the Father, the one who sent him.

Jesus Christ willfully chose to do God’s will instead of his own will, he submitted himself to do the Father’s will.

He chose for himself what he would do or not do, he chose to do God's will, therefore, he chose to not succumb to temptation but to do the will of God.

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

His will was a different way to die for our sins, but he willfully submitted to God's will.

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 26:42

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 22:42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Doing God's will was sustenance to Jesus Christ

John 4:34

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus Christ was obedient to death, not just any death but the death of the cross

Philippians 2:7-8

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

His life was the epitome, the greatest example of obedience to God.

The proper response learning of this is to likewise learn to be obedient even as Jesus Christ obeyed the Father's will.

Philippians 2

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Even as Jesus Christ being a man, not God, learned obedience to God, via being obedient to his parents, God's written word and later by revelation from God, so should we likewise learn obedience and thus see the benefits of obedience to God.

Hebrews 5:8

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Hebrews 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

There is much to be gained by learning from Jesus' example of obedience even if it contradicts our will at times.

Jesus is God come in the flesh as a man. Jesus tells us that he did not come to do his will as a man; rather, he came only to do His Father's will.