Jesus Christ chose to do the will of God instead of his own will.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It means he rejects the God of the Bible, and has substituted his own beliefs into the text.

If he is admitting to that, okay. If that is not what he meant maybe he can explain what he thinks here. Sure he may have rejected the God of the Bible. Rejecting the Trinity may not be the measure of that, because a person can accept the Bible without the Trinity except that in terms of doctrine we may say the person would logically conclude the Trinity doctrinally.

Right Divider

Body part
The men who wrote the Bible had the big heads, They invented the doctrine of inspiration to maintain control. They invented the chosen people arrogance and eventually lost it all.
But on the other hand, Caino has all knowledge given him by aliens.

You definitely should NOT be on a Christian site.

Your mythology is the most laughable here on TOL. You make JW's and Mormon's look like geniuses.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What do you mean? What do you mean by saying that? a creation of the Trinity, not the second person of the Trinity?

The Trinity that Jesus mentioned right before he left, Father, Son and Spirit is and indivisible unity. That is the origin of Jesus, a Creator Son.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Trinity that Jesus mentioned right before he left, Father, Son and Spirit is and indivisible unity. That is the origin of Jesus, a Creator Son.

I am not sure what you mean. Sure the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are mentioned in one verse in the Bible. But I am not sure what you mean by that. Nor why you say a Creator Son. Jesus existed before that. Are you saying that the Great Commission is how you know about Jesus?

beloved57

There is no direct scripture that says that as far as I know.

However,

If he was to die for our sins, the law provides other ways to be executed, stoning for instance.

He would have certainly been just as dead if he were stoned to death.

But as Jesus Christ noted, if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me.

The way for his death to get the attention of the Gentiles was for him to be crucified, not stoned to death.

The OT scriptures describe the excruciating suffering he would have to endure from his arrest to his death about 40 hours later.

He would do whatever God wanted him to do, but fully facing the pain in front of him, he would have preferred a more direct method of execution as would anyone with that facing them.

So you made a invalid statement with no biblical support.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no direct scripture that says that as far as I know.

However,

If he was to die for our sins, the law provides other ways to be executed, stoning for instance.

He would have certainly been just as dead if he were stoned to death.

But as Jesus Christ noted, if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me.

The way for his death to get the attention of the Gentiles was for him to be crucified, not stoned to death.

The OT scriptures describe the excruciating suffering he would have to endure from his arrest to his death about 40 hours later.

He would do whatever God wanted him to do, but fully facing the pain in front of him, he would have preferred a more direct method of execution as would anyone with that facing them.

Would he have desired something different from the cross, if that is what God intended for Him?

oatmeal

So you made a invalid statement with no biblical support.

Not at all.

Read those verses for yourself and then tell me what Jesus Christ was asking for.

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 26:42

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 22:42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

If you have a better conclusion based on what is said there, I would love to see your conclusion.

beloved57

Not at all.

Read those verses for yourself and then tell me what Jesus Christ was asking for.

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 26:42

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 22:42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

If you have a better conclusion based on what is said there, I would love to see your conclusion.

Of course it was invalid.

oatmeal

Would he have desired something different from the cross, if that is what God intended for Him?

Jesus Christ was not afraid. As his arrest, the hours of torture mental and physical loomed in front of him, be became more aware of the excruciating suffering he was facing.

He whipped and beaten multiple times, After being whipped once how many welts and cuts would be the result of that first whipping? Now, have him beaten again on top of the first whipping? How much more sensitive to pain would he be at the second beating? How about after the second whipping, or third...?

I remember the pain of pulling off a bandaid off of a cut when the scab had dried into the gauze. that was one little cut, how about after being whipped with whip or a cat or nine tails with sharp objects attached to them designed to cut deeply.

Psalm 129:3

The plowers plowed upon my back: they made long their furrows.

The plowers! that is a description of what Jesus Christ knew from scripture the pain he would have to endure!

Imagine having your shirt with it being dried into the scabs from a previous whipping being ripped off your back, not just one little 1" x 1" gauze bandage

How much pain just from having his garment ripped off of his scabbed back?

Jesus Christ was well aware of the excruciating suffering he would have to endure to pay for our sins.

Note that it say "plowers" plural, not single, there were several plowers.

If you were facing one tenth of the pain he willfully endured out of loving obedience to God his Father so that we could be redeemed and for our salvation, would you be praying for a less painful way to die?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I doubt I would have the fortitude to face one tenth of what he endured willfully for our benefit. I have never been whipped but he was being flogged in spite of his innocence.

He loved, and loved and loved and this is what the religious elite did to him.

oatmeal

Jesus Christ obeyed God even though obeying would make him subject to the most vicious torture the devil spirits could muster against him.

He suffered for our sins so that we would not have to.

He chose to be obedient even to the death of the cross.

There fore God highly exalted him.

Jesus did not exalt himself, Jesus humbled himself to live the perfect life of obedience of doing the will of the Father not his own will

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I would say it is high time for us believers to step up their game and learn obedience.

I pray that God's mercy and grace enables we Christians learn obedience to God's logos, His written word as it applies to them in this age of grace.

oatmeal

I dont have time to study that verse for you, you should do your own study before you make invalid statements. I know it doesnt say what you said.

So you question my conclusions but are unwilling to tell me what your conclusions are?

That is really pathetic, why don't you man up and offer your insights?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ was not afraid. As his arrest, the hours of torture mental and physical loomed in front of him, be became more aware of the excruciating suffering he was facing.
Okay.
He whipped and beaten multiple times, After being whipped once how many welts and cuts would be the result of that first whipping? Now, have him beaten again on top of the first whipping? How much more sensitive to pain would he be at the second beating? How about after the second whipping, or third...?
I think this may be in scripture? I don't remember. Is it what happened?
I remember the pain of pulling off a bandaid off of a cut when the scab had dried into the gauze. that was one little cut, how about after being whipped with whip or a cat or nine tails with sharp objects attached to them designed to cut deeply.
Right.
Psalm 129:3

The plowers plowed upon my back: they made long their furrows.
Thanks.
The plowers! that is a description of what Jesus Christ knew from scripture the pain he would have to endure!
Wow.
Imagine having your shirt with it being dried into the scabs from a previous whipping being ripped off your back, not just one little 1" x 1" gauze bandage
Correct.
How much pain just from having his garment ripped off of his scabbed back?
Yes.
Jesus Christ was well aware of the excruciating suffering he would have to endure to pay for our sins.
Right.
Note that it say "plowers" plural, not single, there were several plowers.
Okay.
If you were facing one tenth of the pain he willfully endured out of loving obedience to God his Father so that we could be redeemed and for our salvation, would you be praying for a less painful way to die?
He did.
I cannot speak for anyone else, but I doubt I would have the fortitude to face one tenth of what he endured willfully for our benefit. I have never been whipped but he was being flogged in spite of his innocence.
Right.
He loved, and loved and loved and this is what the religious elite did to him.
Yes.

It is amazing that He was without sin yet underwent what He did 'for us'. I believe we can say that it was for us.

oatmeal

Okay.

I think this may be in scripture? I don't remember. Is it what happened?

Right.

Thanks.

Wow.

Correct.

Yes.

Right.

Okay.

He did.

Right.

Yes.

It is amazing that He was without sin yet underwent what He did 'for us'. I believe we can say that it was for us.

Thank you