"The word became flesh"

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
What type of flesh did the word become?

Was it human flesh? Or some unknown kind of flesh yet to be defined that is nether the resurrection flesh or the flesh all man share?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What type of flesh did the word become?

Was it human flesh? Or some unknown kind of flesh yet to be defined that is nether the resurrection flesh or the flesh all man share?

"Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren..." (Hebrews 2:17)

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
There's this idea floating around that says Adam's flesh, when he was created, was not flesh of sin like his progeny. This idea claims that Adam's flesh changed or that his nature changed after he sinned.

Well if you don't know let me be the first to inform you. The Scripture NOWHERE says any such thing as that idea claims. If you can find it in Scripture please let me know. I'm sure that you won't cause I do my homework.

Anyway, the inspired apostle speaks the truth. Hear him.

Paul calls Adam the natural man made from dust and that the natural body, or earthy body(like Adam's) comes before the spiritual body by being raised from the dead.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Now that's powerful truth! And it flies in the face of the deceiver who made up the idea that the natural man made from the earth, of whom still needs a change of nature, had a change of flesh or nature after he sinned.

oatmeal

"Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren..." (Hebrews 2:17)

Good point.

And who are his brethren?

Is God, who is spirit, Jesus' brethren?

No, in general the human race, but accurately, the people of Israel, and more specifically, the Judeans...

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 24:39 King James Version (KJV)
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

TrevorL

Greetings Vail Lifted,
There's this idea floating around that says Adam's flesh, when he was created, was not flesh of sin like his progeny. This idea claims that Adam's flesh changed or that his nature changed after he sinned.
Now that's powerful truth! And it flies in the face of the deceiver who made up the idea that the natural man made from the earth, of whom still needs a change of nature, had a change of flesh or nature after he sinned.
I agree that Adam did not have a change of flesh or nature after he sinned, but I believe that his flesh was corrupted as a result of his sin. Also as his descendants we receive the effect of his sin and the sins of all our predecessors. By hereditary we may be more susceptible to become addicted to various things, such as alcohol. I disagree with your definition that Adam had “the flesh of sin” when created. I believe that Adam when created was “very good”, but we as his descendants receive the effects of his sin, including “deceitful lusts”.
Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV): The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Ephesians 4:22 (KJV): That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Thus fallen human nature is the same nature as initially created, but it has been corrupted by sin. Thus I do not believe that Adam was created with “deceitful lusts” and thus the term “flesh of sin” is not applicable to Adam before his fall.

Jesus inherited our fallen human nature through Mary, and yet he was able to overcome sin and is in the process of overcoming all the effects of sin including death.

Kind regards
Trevor