Christianity, Judaism, and Other Religions.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In the Bible there is mention of Christians.

Acts 26:28 NASB - Agrippa [replied] to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian."
1 Peter 4:16 NASB - but if [anyone suffers] as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

Acts 11:26 NASB - and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. And for an entire year they met with the church and taught considerable numbers; and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Judaism is mentioned.

Galatians 1:13-14 NASB - For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it; and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.

Judaizers are, according to what is displayed in Google,

Judaizers are Christians who teach it is necessary to adopt Jewish customs and practices, especially those found in the Law of Moses, to be saved.

So it is important to not be a Judaizer.

My Religion here displays as Christian. I have been instructed that I have been teaching people about Judaism. This is a Christian Website with a target audience.

So in the Religion Forum are we to talk about the Christian Religion? I have questions that pertain to Judaism, but I am a Christian. There is a lot of good in Judaism, though Messianic Judaism is a Judaism that teaches or believes that Yeshua is the Messiah, like Christians teach that Jesus is the Christ. There are varying views on God's Law, the Law of Moses, and the New Covenant. Christians should be able to talk or speak intelligently about God's Law, but the Law of Moses is not required to be a Christian.

However,

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others [to do] the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches [them,] he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses [that] of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

However,

Ephesians 2:14-16 NASB - For He Himself is our peace, who made both [groups into] one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, [which is] the Law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, [thus] establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.

And,

Colossians 2:13-17 NASB - When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- things which are a [mere] shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Now I am a Christian. So can we talk about Judaism or not? And can we talk about other non-Biblical Religions, yes or no?

Also, can we eschatologically only take the viewpoint of MAD (Mid-Acts Dispensationalism)?

I have been encouraged to find a site on Judaism, but I am a Christian and I don't know what site this might be that I could minister to people, fellow Jews, on.

I have been on this website since I was a child and I do not see myself leaving.

Thank you for listening. What do you think?

Shalom (Peace).

Jacob

oatmeal

Christianity is not a religion.

Religions are basically man made.

Christianity is God made

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When we think Religion and a Religion Forum do we think freedom of religion or do we think Christianity is not a religion?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Christianity is not a religion.

Religions are basically man made.

Christianity is God made

All religions are man made. You must have confused the facts on that statement. It sure would be great to observe God in action making something though...don’t you think?

I mean, I know it would be hard since God is invisible, but that would be amazing. Yes, I would love to see God in action in this world. A lot of people have a lot of questions and I bet God has answers.

Hawkins

The truth of a religion lies on the validity of human witnessing. Human witnessing remains the only way for a truth to convey among humans under a lot of circumstances. To put it another way. Even when God is a truth, the only way remains as an option is to convey this truth through human testimonies from His chosen eyewitnesses.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All religions are man made.

Even if that were true, what of it?

You must have confused the facts on that statement. It sure would be great to observe God in action making something though...don’t you think?

I mean, I know it would be hard since God is invisible, but that would be amazing. Yes, I would love to see God in action in this world.

No, you wouldn't.

You would hate it.

Because doing so would shove reality in your face and force you to accept it, that God exists, and you are not the absolute authority in your life.

A lot of people have a lot of questions and I bet God has answers.

They should read the Bible. He gave them there.

Truster

When we think Religion and a Religion Forum do we think freedom of religion or do we think Christianity is not a religion?

Religion is a work of man. It is the feeble work of man who has received the revelation that there is a Creator. The man then attempts to make amends for his sins in the hope he will receive a reward.

Salvation is the result of redemption wherein the Eternal Almighty declares to man that He has fulfilled the work and the reward has been secured.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Religion is a work of man. It is the feeble work of man who has received the revelation that there is a Creator. The man then attempts to make amends for his sins in the hope he will receive a reward.

Salvation is the result of redemption wherein the Eternal Almighty declares to man that He has fulfilled the work and the reward has been secured.

It sounds like you really understand.

oatmeal

All religions are man made. You must have confused the facts on that statement. It sure would be great to observe God in action making something though...don’t you think?

I mean, I know it would be hard since God is invisible, but that would be amazing. Yes, I would love to see God in action in this world. A lot of people have a lot of questions and I bet God has answers.

Silly, God provided the doctrine, reproof and correction so that we might live rightly

The truths they seek pertaining to life and godliness are found in scripture

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Pretty good. Thanks.

k0de

Now I am a Christian. So can we talk about Judaism or not? And can we talk about other non-Biblical Religions, yes or no?
In my opinion, well yes. When I was searching for Truth and settled with Christianity I study almost all other religion. But found Truth in christianity.

Also, can we eschatologically only take the viewpoint of MAD (Mid-Acts Dispensationalism)?
NO. everyone view is profitable for reasoning.

I have been encouraged to find a site on Judaism, but I am a Christian and I don't know what site this might be that I could minister to people, fellow Jews, on.

I have been on this website since I was a child and I do not see myself leaving.
There's no need for that if they are looking for truth they will come here.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In my opinion, well yes. When I was searching for Truth and settled with Christianity I study almost all other religion. But found Truth in christianity.

NO. everyone view is profitable for reasoning.

There's no need for that if they are looking for truth they will come here.

It sounds like you have had a good journey then. We must preach the truth.

k0de

It sounds like you have had a good journey then. We must preach the truth.
Yes it was Jacob. Like the scriptures say when He was done with me. ( He meaning Jesus) I was like fine brass. Something like that. Because of that today I can reason and keep my focus on Jesus with Muslims, JW, mormons, atheist, christology, evangelicals, Pentecostal, Catholics.

And now I'm trying to learn some Judaism from you. And some MAD dispention from other posters on this forums.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes it was Jacob. Like the scriptures say when He was done with me. ( He meaning Jesus) I was like fine brass. Something like that. Because of that today I can reason and keep my focus on Jesus with Muslims, JW, mormons, atheist, christology, evangelicals, Pentecostal, Catholics.

And now I'm trying to learn some Judaism from you. And some MAD dispention from other posters on this forums.

In Judaism we do have the New Covenant, but we also have the Torah. I am a Christian.

That is good that you can talk to different people without getting confused about what you believe.

What is this saying though? I don't really remember it.

k0de

In Judaism we do have the New Covenant, but we also have the Torah. I am a Christian.

That is good that you can talk to different people without getting confused about what you believe.

What is this saying though? I don't really remember it.
Envagelism is my calling. Therefore it is one of the gifts of the Father on to me. I can also discern spirit's not ghostly bodies. But man dress as wolfs in sheeps clothing. I mean we know them by their fruits. Right?

I can't preach like a pastor. Or prophesied like a prophet, or even pray for you. Or interpret scriptures. And I really suck in theology that's why I'm looking forward to build a relationship here with believers who are very powerful in the word of God. The Lord brought me here for a reason right?

You seem to be very powerful in Judaism and Christianity some what of the elects from Jesus times. Bless me Jacob. I know what the Bible saids about Jews.

And if you don't mind me asking. You're not from the tribe of Dan right?

That was a joke.....

This sounds like xmen right. Crazy but true. Alleluia praise the most High God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Envagelism is my calling. Therefore it is one of the gifts of the Father on to me. I can also discern spirit's not ghostly bodies. But man dress as wolfs in sheeps clothing. I mean we know them by their fruits. Right?

I can't preach like a pastor. Or prophesied like a prophet,. Or even pray for you. Or interpret scriptures. And I really suck in theology that's why I'm looking forward to build a relationship here with believers who are very powerful in the word of God. The Lord brought me here for a reason right?

You seem to be very powerful in Judaism and Christianity some what of the elects from Jesus times. Bless me Jacob. I know what the Bible saids about Jews.

And if you don't mind me asking. You're not from the tribe of Dan right?

That was a joke.....

This sounds like xmen right. Crazy but true. Alleluia praise the most High God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

What do you know about the tribe of Dan?

Many believe that a convert cannot belong to a tribe.

Have you heard of the Judaizers?

Judaizers are Christians who teach it is necessary to adopt Jewish customs and practices, especially those found in the Law of Moses, to be saved.

Many Jews chose not to accept their Messiah. I have said before that I am a Jew. But I accept Yeshua, Jesus, as the Messiah.

Some people believe that the following verse was talking about a nation other than Israel, a people who accept the Messiah for example.

Matthew 21:43 NKJV - "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

The following is about being fellow citizens.
Ephesians 2:10-22 NASB - For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," [which is] performed in the flesh by human hands-- [remember] that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both [groups into] one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, [which is] the Law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, [thus] establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner [stone,] in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How is that with the New Covenant you mean the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ? I don't understand this?

The New Covenant is spoken of here, for the House of Israel and the House of Judah, for Israel.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

The Gospel may include Gentiles because of salvation for all. The question is if Gentiles are a part of the New Covenant.

Am I answering or have I answered you?