The Gospel. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NASB - Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

The Gospel Includes:
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,​

Let's discuss this. Let us discuss these things!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does it mean that "Christ died"?

Romans 5:6, 8 NASB - For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. ... But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 14:9, 15 NASB - For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. ... For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.

1 Corinthians 8:11 NASB - For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died.

1 Corinthians 15:3 NASB - For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Galatians 2:21 NASB - "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness [comes] through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Romans 8:34 NASB - who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

1 Peter 3:18 NASB - For Christ also died for sins once for all, [the] just for [the] unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Christ is Jesus. The word means Anointed, from Messiah or Mashiach to Christ. Jesus Christ. Jesus the Christ. Jesus the Messiah.

He died on the cross as the gospels, or gospel accounts, attest. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Christian New Testament.

His death is a part of the gospel message, that message which communicates the forgiveness of sins.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned

Romans 5:6, 8 NASB - For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. ... But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 14:9, 15 NASB - For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. ... For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.

1 Corinthians 8:11 NASB - For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died.

1 Corinthians 15:3 NASB - For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Galatians 2:21 NASB - "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness [comes] through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Romans 8:34 NASB - who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

1 Peter 3:18 NASB - For Christ also died for sins once for all, [the] just for [the] unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Christ is Jesus. The word means Anointed, from Messiah or Mashiach to Christ. Jesus Christ. Jesus the Christ. Jesus the Messiah.

He died on the cross as the gospels, or gospel accounts, attest. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Christian New Testament.

His death is a part of the gospel message, that message which communicates the forgiveness of sins.

I was asking what he means by saying "Christ died".

My understanding is that when Christ died he was no longer alive or living.

What does it mean to you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I was asking what he means by saying "Christ died".

My understanding is that when Christ died he was no longer alive or living.

What does it mean to you?

The same thing. Not that He ceased to exist, but that He was dead.

Aimiel

Jesus was put to death, Who didn't deserve death. The wages of sin is death. Since He was put to death, never having sinned, that miscarriage of justice allows Him to impute His Life to us in place of our death sentence for sin (believers). Only those who believe upon Him can be saved. He entered Paradise, where all those who had died since Adam awaited. He preached to them and some believed and so were able to skip judgment. Those who didn't accept Him received judgment. To this day: what one does with the Son, God does with you. If you accept Him: God accepts you. If you reject Him: God rejects you. His death is counted as our death, if we believe upon Him. We don't have to die because we believe upon Him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
When he continued to exist does that mean he continued living when he died?

EXIST:

synonyms: live, be alive, be living, have life, breathe, draw breath;

MennoSota

1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NASB - Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

The Gospel Includes:
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,​

Let's discuss this. Let us discuss these things!
The earliest creed known in Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was put to death, Who didn't deserve death.
He did not deserve death, and yet He was put to death.
The wages of sin is death.
Romans 6:23 NASB.
Since He was put to death, never having sinned, that miscarriage of justice allows Him to impute His Life to us in place of our death sentence for sin (believers).
Are you describing a substitutionary death?
Only those who believe upon Him can be saved.
True.
He entered Paradise, where all those who had died since Adam awaited.
I am not sure where you get this or what it means. I know that an idea like this exists.
He preached to them and some believed and so were able to skip judgment.
Are you talking about in Paradise? Remember the thief upon the cross? Jesus said to him today you will be with me in paradise.
Those who didn't accept Him received judgment.
Are you saying in paradise?
To this day: what one does with the Son, God does with you.
Interesting saying.
If you accept Him: God accepts you.
Okay. Fair enough.
If you reject Him: God rejects you.
Right.
His death is counted as our death, if we believe upon Him.
Meaning what exactly?
We don't have to die because we believe upon Him.
Do you believe that you will not die?
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Same question. Do you believe that you will not die?

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was put to death, Who didn't deserve death. The wages of sin is death. Since He was put to death, never having sinned, that miscarriage of justice allows Him to impute His Life to us in place of our death sentence for sin (believers). Only those who believe upon Him can be saved. He entered Paradise, where all those who had died since Adam awaited. He preached to them and some believed and so were able to skip judgment. Those who didn't accept Him received judgment. To this day: what one does with the Son, God does with you. If you accept Him: God accepts you. If you reject Him: God rejects you. His death is counted as our death, if we believe upon Him. We don't have to die because we believe upon Him.

Another way to understand John 8:51 is to say that the believer will never see death forever. And if you look at John 11:25-26 you'll see that the reason the believer will never see death forever is because Jesus is the resurrection and the life. The believer will never see death forever because Jesus has promised to resurrect him from the dead.

Aimiel

Do you believe that you will not die?
Yup. Jesus said it. That settles it. I also believe it. It's like this: because of my faith in Christ, when I die, I will be taken by Him and not by the angel of Death. The Psalmist put it best: "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..." I have never heard of the shadow of a dog biting anyone. I don't believe that I will 'see' death. I will see The Spirit of Life: Christ Jesus. I keep His Sayings. :thumb:

Aimiel

Another way to understand John 8:51 is to say that the believer will never see death forever. And if you look at John 11:25-26 you'll see that the reason the believer will never see death forever is because Jesus is the resurrection and the life. The believer will never see death forever because Jesus has promised to resurrect him from the dead.
Another way still: we have been translated into His Kingdom when He came to take up residence inside of us. He's already been put to death on our behalf. We don't have a death-sentence hanging over our heads any more. There's NOTHING that men can do to us. We're alive, forevermore!!!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yup. Jesus said it. That settles it. I also believe it. It's like this: because of my faith in Christ, when I die, I will be taken by Him and not by the angel of Death. The Psalmist put it best: "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..." I have never heard of the shadow of a dog biting anyone. I don't believe that I will 'see' death. I will see The Spirit of Life: Christ Jesus. I keep His Sayings. :thumb:

I would love to have faith like that. Is it not true that it is appointed for man once to die and after this the judgment?

Aimiel

I would love to have faith like that. Is it not true that it is appointed for man once to die and after this the judgment?
We've already passed from death into life. We're going to judge angels. We won't suffer judgment. Our sins have been blotted out with Christ's own blood.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We've already passed from death into life. We're going to judge angels. We won't suffer judgment. Our sins have been blotted out with Christ's own blood.
If you do not believe that you will die, do you believe that you will go to heaven or be in the new heavens and new earth?

Aimiel

If you do not believe that you will die, do you believe that you will go to heaven or be in the new heavens and new earth?
I believe that we go to Heaven immediately upon our demise, but I see God's operation of time as quite different than our linear thinking allows. The Spirit realm is far above the temporal (time-limited) realm's way of understanding and even observation... but that's for another thread. Suffice it to say that we who are alive and remain will NOT precede those who have died before us and they won't precede us, either. We'll meet with The Lord in the air together and all the world will see a giant cross, from one end of the horizon to the other and every Jew on the earth will become Christian, because they will recognize and know the truth.

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

I cannot help but believe that the 'sign' of the coming of The Son of Man will be a cross, supernaturally appearing across the sky all over the earth as Christians rise to meet with Him in the air.

bibleverse2

There is also a third option, for those obedient Christians who will still be alive at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming:

For:

1 Corinthians 15:51 ¶Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep [die], but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised [resurrected] incorruptible, and we [living] shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [precede] them which are asleep [dead].
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise [resurrect] first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them [the resurrected dead] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.