Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gospel. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
    Yup. Jesus said it. That settles it. I also believe it. It's like this: because of my faith in Christ, when I die, I will be taken by Him and not by the angel of Death. The Psalmist put it best: "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..." I have never heard of the shadow of a dog biting anyone. I don't believe that I will 'see' death. I will see The Spirit of Life: Christ Jesus. I keep His Sayings.
    I would love to have faith like that. Is it not true that it is appointed for man once to die and after this the judgment?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jacob View Post
      I would love to have faith like that. Is it not true that it is appointed for man once to die and after this the judgment?
      We've already passed from death into life. We're going to judge angels. We won't suffer judgment. Our sins have been blotted out with Christ's own blood.
      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

      If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
        We've already passed from death into life. We're going to judge angels. We won't suffer judgment. Our sins have been blotted out with Christ's own blood.
        If you do not believe that you will die, do you believe that you will go to heaven or be in the new heavens and new earth?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          If you do not believe that you will die, do you believe that you will go to heaven or be in the new heavens and new earth?
          I believe that we go to Heaven immediately upon our demise, but I see God's operation of time as quite different than our linear thinking allows. The Spirit realm is far above the temporal (time-limited) realm's way of understanding and even observation... but that's for another thread. Suffice it to say that we who are alive and remain will NOT precede those who have died before us and they won't precede us, either. We'll meet with The Lord in the air together and all the world will see a giant cross, from one end of the horizon to the other and every Jew on the earth will become Christian, because they will recognize and know the truth.

          And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

          I cannot help but believe that the 'sign' of the coming of The Son of Man will be a cross, supernaturally appearing across the sky all over the earth as Christians rise to meet with Him in the air.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

          If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jacob View Post
            If you do not believe that you will die, do you believe that you will go to heaven or be in the new heavens and new earth?
            There is also a third option, for those obedient Christians who will still be alive at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming:

            For:

            1 Corinthians 15:51 ¶Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep [die], but we shall all be changed,
            52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised [resurrected] incorruptible, and we [living] shall be changed.
            53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

            1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [precede] them which are asleep [dead].
            16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise [resurrect] first:
            17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them [the resurrected dead] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
              There is also a third option, for those obedient Christians who will still be alive at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming:

              For:

              1 Corinthians 15:51 ¶Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep [die], but we shall all be changed,
              52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised [resurrected] incorruptible, and we [living] shall be changed.
              53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

              1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [precede] them which are asleep [dead].
              16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise [resurrect] first:
              17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them [the resurrected dead] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
              The new heaven and earth refers to the mortal kingdom of God on earth or the restitution of all things. New Jerusalem which comes down from heaven is the immortal or invisible kingdom of God which consists of those who had met the Lord in the air or been raptured.

              In order for the rapture to be true then there must necessarily be some living faithful mortal ones left who had not been changed in the twinkling of an eye. Or that Christ's coming with his saints is a twofold coming whereby time is given for the allowance of faithful mortal ones to develop who will constitute the new heavens and earth whereby the kingdom of God is restored.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                I believe that we go to Heaven immediately upon our demise, but I see God's operation of time as quite different than our linear thinking allows. The Spirit realm is far above the temporal (time-limited) realm's way of understanding and even observation... but that's for another thread. Suffice it to say that we who are alive and remain will NOT precede those who have died before us and they won't precede us, either. We'll meet with The Lord in the air together and all the world will see a giant cross, from one end of the horizon to the other and every Jew on the earth will become Christian, because they will recognize and know the truth.

                And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

                I cannot help but believe that the 'sign' of the coming of The Son of Man will be a cross, supernaturally appearing across the sky all over the earth as Christians rise to meet with Him in the air.
                What is the difference you see between your demise and your death?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
                  There is also a third option, for those obedient Christians who will still be alive at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming:

                  For:

                  1 Corinthians 15:51 ¶Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep [die], but we shall all be changed,
                  52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised [resurrected] incorruptible, and we [living] shall be changed.
                  53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

                  1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [precede] them which are asleep [dead].
                  16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise [resurrect] first:
                  17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them [the resurrected dead] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
                  Correct. I do not understand everything about the word we here.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    [BOX]1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NASB - Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
                    This gospel is it for the body of Christ or the children of Israel?

                    For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
                    What a wonderful Lord that we serve.

                    After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;
                    What is Paul talking about here. Where can I find this in the scriptures?

                    then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.
                    Was James an apostle also. Why Paul saids appeared to James and then to all the apostles?
                    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by k0de View Post
                      This gospel is it for the body of Christ or the children of Israel?

                      What a wonderful Lord that we serve.

                      What is Paul talking about here. Where can I find this in the scriptures?

                      Was James an apostle also. Why Paul saids appeared to James and then to all the apostles?
                      The gospel is for all people.

                      Good question.

                      Who is James?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                        The gospel is for all people.

                        Good question.

                        Who is James?
                        Agree. One gospel for all.

                        James, 1 Corinthians 15:7?

                        Yeah those 500 men are a mystery.

                        Acts 2:22-24 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know- "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. (Acts 2:22-24).

                        And isn't 1 Corithians 15:1-4 the same thing that Peter preach at Pentecost?
                        Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by k0de View Post
                          Agree. One gospel for all.

                          James, 1 Corinthians 15:7?

                          Yeah those 500 men are a mystery.

                          Acts 2:22-24 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know- "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. (Acts 2:22-24).

                          And isn't 1 Corithians 15:1-4 the same thing that Peter preach at Pentecost?
                          I do not know. Can you compare them?

                          Do you know about Shavuot?

                          James, yes. But which James? The Lord's brother?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by k0de View Post
                            Agree. One gospel for all.

                            James, 1 Corinthians 15:7?

                            Yeah those 500 men are a mystery.

                            Acts 2:22-24 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know- "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. (Acts 2:22-24).

                            And isn't 1 Corithians 15:1-4 the same thing that Peter preach at Pentecost?
                            Nope... Peter is not preaching the cross as good, but as bad (i.e., as a murder weapon).

                            Where does Peter tell anyone that Christ died for their sins on the cross anywhere in Act 1-8?
                            All of my ancestors are human.
                            Originally posted by Squeaky
                            That explains why your an idiot.
                            Originally posted by God's Truth
                            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NASB - Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

                              The Gospel Includes:
                              Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

                              Let's discuss this. Let us discuss these things!
                              Who does Paul mean by Christ first of all ? Exactly who was this Christ that died for sins?
                              "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                              preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                              called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                              a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                              Charles Spurgeon !

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                Do you know about Shavuot?
                                No

                                James, yes. But which James? The Lord's brother?
                                Yes. The Lord's brother. Was he one of the 12 Apostle?
                                Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X