MARK 1:1 THE SON OF GOD

csuguy

The kingdom of which the gospel of the kingdom refers is documented through the law and the prophets.

The disciples clearly understood this kingdom, having been trained for FORTY days by the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 1:3). This is why they asked the logical and consistent question about its restoration in Acts 1:6....

You provided references to the one gospel. You have failed to show that Paul thinks that the Gospel of Christ, the Gospel of the Son, the Gospel of God, etc. are all different gospels distinct from the Gospel of the Kingdom.

csuguy

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, - Romans 4:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans4:5&version=NKJV

is the antithesis of

You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. - James 2:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James2:24&version=NKJV

You cherry-pick Paul to provide false distinctions. Paul also taught that good deeds are necessary for salvation, that eternal life is in fact the reward for good deeds:

Romans 2:6-11 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”[a] 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. - Ephesians 4:32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:32&version=NKJV

is the opposite of

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. - Matthew 6:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew6:14-15&version=NKJV

Those aren't opposites in the least. They are both true. Rather, you just cherry-pick the bits you like.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” - Galatians 3:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:10&version=NKJV

is contradictory to

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. - 1 John 5:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1John5:3&version=NKJV

============

Things that differ are not the same.

Paul clearly had a different Gospel.

Again, a thorough reading of Paul clears up your cherry-picking non-sense.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Romans 7:22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;

Romans 13:8-9 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

1 Corinthians 9:21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law.

csuguy

Paul taught the glory of the cross

Paul taught Jesus died for the sins of all

Paul taught Jesus rose again for our justification and was declared to be the Son of God

Paul taught the complete salvation of the cross to all that believe

Paul taught we are in Christ seated in heavenly places

Paul taught a new creature

And the disciples didn't? Again, your task is to differentiate Paul's teachings from the disciples.

Paul taught salvation to Gentiles apart from Israel and the covenants

False. Paul taught that the gentiles are part of Israel, like a vine grafted onto an olive plant, and share in their blessings.

Romans 11:17-21 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.​

Romans 15:27 They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.​

Also, he didn't preach to the gentiles apart from the Covenants, but is a minister of the New Covenant:

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.​

csuguy

Hello

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Here is one verse.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth

The kingdom is the prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth, in which, believing Israel will reign with Christ.

The gospel of the kingdom says nothing of the cross.

First off, we are coheirs of the kingdom and will rule with Christ.

Secondly, that last line there is a bold claim, and a false one. You don't think the disciples went around preaching of the cross?

Acts 2:22-24 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.​

This is Peter speaking, btw.

Or will you now attempt to claim that the gospel preached by the disciples isn't the Gospel of the Kingdom either?

Last edited:

DougE

You said "I don't agree" to my comment that there is no conflict.

Hi

Ok....I said there was no conflict between Paul and Peter meaning antagonism or denying each others gospel.

I said that there is conflict meaning they did conflict in the content so there is a difference between those gospels. Paul never preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Peter preached remission of sins through the name of Jesus and the gospel of the kingdom.

Paul preached Christ crucified.

DougE

And the disciples didn't? Again, your task is to differentiate Paul's teachings from the disciples.

False. Paul taught that the gentiles are part of Israel, like a vine grafted onto an olive plant, and share in their blessings.

Romans 11:17-21 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.​

Romans 15:27 They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.​

Also, he didn't preach to the gentiles apart from the Covenants, but is a minister of the New Covenant:

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.​

Hi

Peter and disciples preached gospel of kingdom repent be baptized for remission of sins in the name of Jesus. They preached remission of sins by believing in the name of Jesus, believing on him as Christ and that he is the Son of God.

Paul preached faith in Christ alone, he died for our sins and rose for our justification, that he is our propitiation. In Christ we have complete forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life

In regards to Roman 11 see my post Roman 11 who is the wild olive tree

csuguy

Hi

Peter and disciples preached gospel of kingdom repent be baptized for remission of sins in the name of Jesus. They preached remission of sins by believing in the name of Jesus, believing on him as Christ and that he is the Son of God.

Paul preached faith in Christ alone, he died for our sins and rose for our justification, that he is our propitiation. In Christ we have complete forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life

Both the disciples and Paul preached of Christ's sacrifice, of the forgiveness of sin through Christ, of eternal life, etc. You are failing to find any differences here (since they don't exist).

In regards to Roman 11 see my post Roman 11 who is the wild olive tree

I saw it and replied to it. Christ is the vine, Israelites are the natural branches, and the Gentiles are the wild olive shoots.

Right Divider

Body part
You provided references to the one gospel. You have failed to show that Paul thinks that the Gospel of Christ, the Gospel of the Son, the Gospel of God, etc. are all different gospels distinct from the Gospel of the Kingdom.
Since you still do not know what the gospel of the kingdom is, there is no use going any further.

Right Divider

Body part
Hi

Ok....I said there was no conflict between Paul and Peter meaning antagonism or denying each others gospel.

I said that there is conflict meaning they did conflict in the content so there is a difference between those gospels. Paul never preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Peter preached remission of sins through the name of Jesus and the gospel of the kingdom.

Paul preached Christ crucified.
That the gospels are not identical does not mean that the conflict in any way.
That there are differences should be obvious to all.
But Churchianity wants to make them identical at the cost of truth.

Have you ever read any of my other posts on this site?

csuguy

Please show us anywhere in Acts 1-5 that Peter preached the cross per Paul.
That the cross was GOOD NEWS!

I've already supplied references where Peter preaches of Christ and the cross. For instance:

Acts 2:22-24 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

csuguy

Since you still do not know what the gospel of the kingdom is, there is no use going any further.

There's no going forward because there is nothing to substantiate your position. If there were any scripture to substantiate your non-sense of many distinct gospels you could have easily provided it by now.

Right Divider

Body part
I've already supplied references where Peter preaches of Christ and the cross. For instance:

Acts 2:22-24 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.
That is NOT the preaching of the cross as GOOD NEWS! Try again and put some effort this time.

Right Divider

Body part
There's no going forward because there is nothing to substantiate your position.
Another false claim by you. It's all that you have.

If there were any scripture to substantiate your non-sense of many distinct gospels you could have easily provided it by now.
Once again, the gospel of the kingdom is taught throughout the law and the prophets and you have not a single clue what it means.

csuguy

That is NOT the preaching of the cross as GOOD NEWS! Try again and put some effort this time.

LMAO. First you all assert that Peter and the disciples didn't preach the cross - now you assert that if their preaching isn't explicitly noted as the Gospel that it doesn't count.

No - it is quite clear that Acts 2 is Peter and the disciples sharing the Gospel to the people at the Pentecost. You are simply being stupid at this point.

csuguy

Another false claim by you. It's all that you have.

Once again, the gospel of the kingdom is taught throughout the law and the prophets and you have not a single clue what it means.

You can find references to the one gospel, and one alone. That's because there is only one gospel. :duh:

Right Divider

Body part
LMAO. First you all assert that Peter and the disciples didn't preach the cross - now you assert that if their preaching isn't explicitly noted as the Gospel that it doesn't count.
As per liars like yourself, you attempt to CHANGE what I said. I did NOT say that there is "no mention of the cross" in Acts 1-5. I said that you CANNOT find the cross preached AS PER PAUL... as GOOD NEWS in Acts 1-5.

It is preached as BAD NEWS.... as a murder weapon. And those that made it happen as murderers.

So go ahead and show us THE GOOD NEWS of the CROSS in Acts 1-5. We'll wait....

No - it is quite clear that Acts 2 is Peter and the disciples sharing the Gospel to the people at the Pentecost. You are simply being stupid at this point.
The stupidity is all yours.

csuguy

As per liars like yourself, you attempt to CHANGE what I said. I did NOT say that there is "no mention of the cross" in Acts 1-5. I said that you CANNOT find the cross preached AS PER PAUL... as GOOD NEWS in Acts 1-5.

It is preached as BAD NEWS.... as a murder weapon. And those that made it happen as murderers.

So go ahead and show us THE GOOD NEWS of the CROSS in Acts 1-5. We'll wait....

The stupidity is all yours.

If you read Peter's speech in Acts 2 and you can't recognize that he is sharing the Gospel, you are truly lost.

Matthew 13:13-15 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’