My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0de

A fowler is one who catches birds in a snare or net....or one who hunts birds. A fowlers snare would be a trap. So, this verse is stating that God can save you from traps and deadly diseases.

It's one verse from the larger text of Psalm 91 which is a religious poem speaking in praise of God and a faith relationship with him. It is a beautiful poem, but it's not a literal thing. It is a sort of religious fantasy if you like.

We know that this is not a literal text, or one to be taken literally because it describes God as having feathers and wings in the very next verse.

What do you think of verse 3, or the entire poem kOde?
I think that the entire Psalms 93 can be summarize to that the Lord is my refuge and my provider. And like you said that the Lord will save me from the works of the devil and his satanic forces.

Are you aware of if any invisible or visible opposing forces to your beliefs in your religion?

bibleverse2

The natural world is a temporary state that we're all passing through. It's very important to remember that this isn't our home.

Note that the earth is our home (Psalms 115:16), and that it will be renewed (i.e. its surface) to become the new earth (Revelation 21).

And it will still be physical, just as Jesus Christ is still physical (Luke 24:39), and our immortal bodies will be like His (Philippians 3:21).

See also post #435 above.

I disagree that we're like other creatures.

Note that we are (Ecclesiastes 3:19).

And they will be physically redeemed just as we (Romans 8:21-25).

I believe that our God has bigger plans for us.

What are those plans, in your view? And based on what scripture?

--

And does your religion practice Oneness as it is explain in the scientific website?

Note that Christians are distinguished from God Himself (2 Corinthians 4:7).

For Jesus Christ is the only human who is also God (John 1:1,14).

To say otherwise is New Age nonsense.

--

Are you aware of if any invisible or visible opposing forces to your beliefs in your religion?

The invisible are more important to be aware of (Ephesians 6:12).

bibleverse2

I mean, what can be really known about God? The only things we know about God are what we believe.

Note that we can know things about God just by seeing the universe (Romans 1:20).

See post #305 above.

. . . Isaiah has been tampered with over time so it really doesn't qualify as truth or proof of fulfilled prophecy.

Note that there is no proof that Isaiah, or any other scripture as we have it today, has been tampered with over time.

That is why the scriptures have always been all that we need for salvation from hell (2 Timothy 3:15 to 4:4).

--

In any event, what you have offered here in no way helps me understand why God allows evil to exist.

Because otherwise there would be no free will.

The idea that the devil makes people do evil, or is responsible for the fall of man, God's curse on this planet, original sin, etc. I think that's mainly just religion and superstition.

Note that neither the devil nor God ever makes anyone do evil (James 1:14-15).

--

I wonder if it’s an anthropomorphic projection to equate a king (human ruler) to God, the Maker of All Things. Probably is.

No, it is accurate (Malachi 1:14b).

For human rulers can only approximate God's rule. That is, human kingship is just a pale shadow of God's Kingship.

. . . Christians believe some people are Gods people and some are not. They are wrong.

Note that they aren't. For while God is the only Creator (Malachi 2:10), not all people are God's people in the sense of serving Him, instead of serving the devil (John 8:44).

--

Everything you think, feel and do is based on the fact that your body is controlled by your brain.

Do not forget that you also have a soul and a spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

And it is the latter (if unsaved) which goes down conscious into hell after the death of the body (Luke 12:5).

--

The problem is that normal is crazy in and of itself.

That brought to mind:

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Sounds like political correctness.

--

I think a good definition of crazy would include the inability to see, understand, or accept things as they really are.

That can be a judgment from God (Isaiah 6:9-13).

--

The simple life is the best life.

Amen (2 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

k0de

Please answer this question.

Guyver; said:
Everything you think, feel and do is based on the fact that your body is controlled by your brain.
I thought that the mind controls the brain, and the brain controls the body.

If I'm correct. In your religion what invisible forces or sources do you believe is controlling the mind?

For in Christianity it is a fact that the controlling mind is Jesus Christ.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

No, I’m not kOde. The only interaction I’ve ever had with invisible beings was positive. I don’t believe in “dark or evil” forces except for the evil actions that people choose to do.

Anyway, just for you and other readers, my vacation is over and I must return to work now so I won’t have time to spend here like I have been.

Peace be with you and all readers.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Please answer this question.

I thought that the mind controls the brain, and the brain controls the body.

The mind does not control the autonomic nervous system, but the brain does. So the question of distinction between mind and brain is a complicated one.

k0de

The mind does not control the autonomic nervous system, but the brain does. So the question of distinction between mind and brain is a complicated one.
What is so complicated about manipulating the mind?

If anything is able to manipulate the thoughts of the subject it can and will harness the brain and will gain the ability to control the body of the subject. That's elementary.

I rephrase my question. Where or from do you belief that the manipulating thoughts of your religion are being originated from?

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What is so complicated about manipulating the mind?

What do you mean? You mean what’s so hard about manipulating your own mind, or manipulating the mind of others? Do you know how to manipulate your own mind, or the mind of others?

If anything is able to manipulate the thoughts of the subject it can and will harness the brain and will gain the ability to control the body of the subject. That's elementary.

I rephrase my question. Where or from do you belief that the manipulating thoughts of your religion are being originated from?

I don’t really know what you’re talking about. What type of mental manipulation are you referencing?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
kOde, for you or any Christian, I have a question....if you all don’t mind answering. I am thinking of a verse I believe Solomon wrote, I will look it up.

Yes...it is Ecclesiastes 12:1 which states, “Remember now your creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come, and the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them.”

I am asking all Christians who are willing to give me a complete and thorough analysis. Thank you.

k0de

kOde, for you or any Christian, I have a question....if you all don’t mind answering. I am thinking of a verse I believe Solomon wrote, I will look it up.

Yes...it is Ecclesiastes 12:1 which states, “Remember now your creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come, and the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them.”

I am asking all Christians who are willing to give me a complete and thorough analysis. Thank you.

There is no need to. We know what or who we worship. Millions and perhaps billions agree on what we have to offer.

But this religion is build on a shaky foundation of invasive malicious thoughts. With only one follower. Yourself.

Why don't you give us a thorough analysis of this oneself religion?

We're waiting.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Well that’s a shame kOde. In a room filled with bible believers, not you or a single other believer can answer a simple question about the Bible.

It seems to me that Ecclesiastes should be the simplest of all books to give an answer, but you don’t have it; neither does anyone else.

Perhaps your criticism of my religion was just a waste of breath then.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well that’s a shame kOde. In a room filled with bible believers, not you or a single other believer can answer a simple question about the Bible.

It seems to me that Ecclesiastes should be the simplest of all books to give an answer, but you don’t have it; neither does anyone else.

Perhaps your criticism of my religion was just a waste of breath then.

Perhaps he recognizes you as a troll not worth the time

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Do you know the context in which Ecclesiastes was written?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps he recognizes you as a troll not worth the time

Since he thanked you for that insulting comment, you could be right. However, seeing as how I actually discuss things and express WHY I believe them.....calling me a troll is just another vanity.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Do you know the context in which Ecclesiastes was written?

The context of life on planet Earth? However, since I asked ALL Christians who were willing to respond for their input and no one could be bothered...what difference does it make?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The context of life on planet Earth?

No, I mean the context in which the book was written.

However, since I asked ALL Christians who were willing to respond for their input and no one could be bothered...what difference does it make?

It's not a book for beginners, that much I can tell you. If you aren't mature enough, then I recommend just dropping your question, because it can be confusing, especially to those who are not Christian or Jewish, and even to those.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
No thank you. I have my thoughts about it. The fact that none of you could address it is not going to change that.

k0de

Since he thanked you for that insulting comment, you could be right. However, seeing as how I actually discuss things and express WHY I believe them.....calling me a troll is just another vanity.
I don't consider you a troll. But a lost soul that thirst for the truth about God and is seeking and finding comfort in the wrong places.

As per instructions from the Bible I must for myself “take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).

And according to the Bible I must allow the Holy Spirit to keep my thoughts where He wants them to be. And because of that I must disengage from this conversation.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.